Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2014, 02:51 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
era weapons/ammo VS era food economy

Its come to my atention that food and weapons act the same but really are totally different.

ammo and weapons= you mine to get minerals to then sell them to shop ammo shops if you are hired there and then the minerals are used to create ammo.

now the foods; you grab a table and it stocks?
lets think about this a second.

cheese requires : cows for milk turned into curds and so on and so forth long labourious process of turning it into cheese.

dipping donuts:
dough: sugar, flour, butter, sugar,eggs, salt, butter and can be made in an 1-2 hours or less and you get a donut thats bad for your health.
icing: icing sugar, cocoa, vanilla extract and spinkles. (more sugar)
(DD = bad for health easy to make)

speedy pizza:
1. dough: flour, milk, salt,eggs, sugar, water possibly yeast
2. sauce: tomato for sauce herbs for spices
3. toppings: cheese vegggies meats.
(SP= makes large amounts of decently healthy foods high in farm resources.

dairy hut:
Milk: cows
ice cream: milk, sugar
cheese: milk turned into curds then turned into solid cheese long process.
(DH= quality healthy foods but low volume high price high quality but high in prep time)

So as you can clearly see above there are tons of resources needed for food that are just magically spawned by grabbing a table. yet some of the foods are much larger and offer much better health benefits.

Update 1: balance food: clearly some of the above like a cup of milk VS a whole pizza with many slices or 1 cheese VS a whole pizza.

clearly this part of era is not managed well and the foods should be devided into: fast food, decent

food and quality food.

1. fast food (DH): cheap affordable low heal requires decent amount of resources to make.

2. normal food: pizza (SP) offers low heal not much benefits but many slices for many eats on one pizza requires more resources to make and decently expensive.

3. quality foods (DH): clearly is the healthy choice and their foods should be expensive but offer special benefits like healing cuts and such while offering decent heal but low quantities.

UPDATES TO RESOURCE FARMING:

Update 2: farming! In my opinion I think a major update would be farming and being able to own a property to develop a farm and or offer public farm lands.

update 3:Mineral limit per week I think it would be neat if era had have a limit of each minerals per week and depending on the amount of minerals left in era that week.

the prices either go up or down accordingly for minerals and thus ammo profits is effected as well depending on the day. so a smart miner might collect minerals and sell on a high profit day to sell where there is high demand via ammo shops to restock.

further more add a NPC ammo shop with ultra high prices so if ammo marts run dry or fail to manage they have competition.

anyways trash picking was never meant to be a job but a means of making some cash to buy a drill or start a good job.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I think you're completely ignoring the long laborious process of turning raw minerals into metals that can actually be used to make ammo.
And lets not forget the fact that nowhere in the process is gunpowder introduced, which is pretty fundamentally important in the bulletmaking process.
Also lets not ignore the fact that the bullets come in boxes, which are never manufactured and just magically appear when you've grabbed the table enough times.
Also, unless we're making the bullet casings out of lead (which would be dumb, to say the least), we are missing the brass with which to do so.

That's not even taking into account Pyrotech who are apparently alchemists who can make explosives exclusively out of iron and lead.

Food might not be as easy to make as grabbing a table, but neither is ammo.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:14 PM
note these are just ideas and concept that are far from 100% complete and i am basically building arguments to Create Farming jobs and more smithing/alchemy and acutally create a sweet jobs system based on demand and supply.

note: i was hired at ammo mart a while ago if it hasn't changed it was pretty easy not to mention im sure some people know how to macro.

and thanks for the extra points and the wide variety of extra jobs era players could do that acutally benefits the whole community and businesses. i didn't want to go TOO complex like gun powder and electricity bills.

trash picking doesn't benefit anything its magically generated its basically just tossing dollar money on the ground disguised as trash 24/7 all year. who is creating the trash?

if you guys for some reason want to keep trash picking you could change it to if someone eats foods the container is tossed on the ground and creates a trash what ever the container was for that food.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:22 PM
there could be a public NPC that shows all commodities from all the shops and their current stock.

as the stock is dependent on the demand of the player consumers you could choose to sell when that commodity is worth more or less like real life.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Not really a big fan, the food was balanced and right now we need anything but a more complex business plan with the current economy.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:47 PM
so you think its better to have trash picking pumping 24/7 money in the economy with no real supply or demand and no one creating that trash. brilliant! jk

its the same as spawning money on the map thats sounds so much better as a plan lol....

eras demands: ammo and food and they need to be stocked yet we have tons of players picking money off the ground.

why not create a symbiotic relationship with all the jobs and businesses instead?
its basically farmining version of mining.

they need minerals to create ammo for the masses and you need resources to create food for them as well.

screw trash picking o.O its not even trash picking its literaly money spawned on the map you pick up with a stick with a altered image thats not money.

if you made all trash resemble a dollar bill nothing would change its exactly what it is.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:28 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Not really a big fan, the food was balanced and right now we need anything but a more complex business plan with the current economy.
Plus you can't have a supply/demand based economy when you have ~100 players and half of them are idle at unstick for the majority of the time.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
Plus you can't have a supply/demand based economy when you have ~100 players and half of them are idle at unstick for the majority of the time.
no reason why not since ammo is used like heck and food too i made so many people heal trying to kill them on streets lol.

either way its not like he products rott so even if no one buys anything that day nothing bad happens its just frozen for that day.

also you didn't mention all the potential players who didnt like their first start on era or the players that like to chill and be social not PVP as era is basically a PVP server everything is based on pvp.

without pvp theres no guns or need for food.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
why not create a symbiotic relationship with all the jobs and businesses instead?
its basically farmining version of mining.
I'm not really in favor of tying more (most) of the ways to make money into businesses for the simple fact that they're owned by players.

A symbiotic relationship benefits both parties involved, otherwise it's a parasitic relationship. How do other jobs benefit from businesses?
For instance, you make a lot more money from mining for yourself, rather than mining for a business.

I'll also say that I don't think making them interdependent makes them any more fun, just more complex.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 PM
because like is aid above the prices would fluxuate so the solo miner can hold his minerals till its a high demand day to sell.

I agree ide take ownership away from the shops and let everyone be workers while the profits would go to lotery money and other public events. the more people play the more you can give out again in lotery and events.

also anyone would then be able to sell minerals directly to the ammo shops.

who knows maybe the supply is just so much higher the prices just will always be low. but if you increase the minerals and stuff requires to stock then theres more opportunity for fluctuation in prices and speciality jobs.

just suggestions anyway i think its better then dropping money (i mean trash) all over the map lol?
Old 12-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
because like is aid above the prices would fluxuate so the solo miner can hold his minerals till its a high demand day to sell.

I agree ide take ownership away from the shops and let everyone be workers while the profits would go to lotery money and other public events. the more people play the more you can give out again in lotery and events.

also anyone would then be able to sell minerals directly to the ammo shops.

who knows maybe the supply is just so much higher the prices just will always be low. but if you increase the minerals and stuff requires to stock then theres more opportunity for fluctuation in prices and speciality jobs.

just suggestions anyway i think its better then dropping money (i mean trash) all over the map lol?
What is the problem that your suggestion is trying to solve?
I feel like it's not going to add anything positive or meaningful, while at the same time making money-making harder/more inconvenient and therefore less fun.
I would also mention that supply and demand in this game would lead to problems in times of low activity.
When people stop raiding frequently, the demand for ammo plummets, which means the supply rises, which means mining for businesses becomes useless.
Same thing for food. When people don't use a lot of food, they don't buy a lot of food. The supply rises, and farming is useless.

The economy is already a problem.
Activity is already a problem.
Why would you want to intertwine them and compound the problem?
Old 12-20-2014, 03:26 AM
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
I think there is to much focus on making all the food business "equal" and not enough focus on making them "balanced". I like the idea of them having different healing abilities.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:31 PM
yep it would be nice to have farming and mining as the main jobs and just ditch trash picking.

spawning money on map with trash images while no one is acutally creating trash. <.< sounds so dumb xD
Old 12-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Lock this thread under spam. All it is. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I have 11.5mil that I have no idea what to do with. I don't want any guns, the new ones that are released all the time go for ridiculous prices that make them not worth purchasing.

What can I do with it?