FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Participant
BrentWood can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to BrentWood
Metro Map

Hey Era!

So this is just something I've noticed that gets me every time I look on the map. While reading Koho and Zilla go back and forth on the topic of pking (btw #TeamKoho), I decided to discuss something a lot more important.
  • Working on the Metro map when I was a Level Artist was a blast, hopefully if I reunite with the team I will be able to fix where I see errors and continue to give players the style and level components they're looking for.
  • While returning (3-5 Days ago) I like how the new map feels and looks. My only concern is; looking at the South island in comparison to the other three, makes the South island atrocious. Being on the team I developed Tim's 'Burning' passion to create a new map that not only fits well but balances out. I can successfully say two-thirds of those expectations were met, and I only say this because the South island is a complete square. My dad always said "Whatever job you have, even if its cleaning/sweeping you do the best you can, don't ever let anyone HAVE to come back over you work". When looking in comparison to the other islands buildings; fit better, and the map finally looks like a 'real' city or metro area. The south island consists of scattered houses and buildings.

What do you guys think about the South Island, I personally think houses can be better incorporated then how they are now. I like the new features though, keep it up era! What do you guys think?!
Old 11-01-2014, 02:27 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
I'm always supportive of change. I haven't explored the new map much yet, but if you'd like to overhaul it, I'm on your side.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I hate the new map.
It has unnceccessarily spread things out and created so much empty space when in fact the opposite needs to happen and content needs to be condensed for the reduced playercount.
And now there is water in every direction for people to run to.

Some of the principles are good (creating distinct clusters of buildings;
centralising the hospital, which should have happened 10 years ago) but I've always hoped that the map would be made to feel more like a city, very urban and dark and polluted to work in with the gang and crime theme, instead of this happy little productive village that we'd always had.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Participant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
dark and polluted to work in with the gang and crime theme, instead of this happy little productive village that we'd always had.
You do know this isn't graal ghetto? We had one of those, see how that turned out?!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
seems way to big for the 40 people who play

:edit well maybe its not to big but to much water
Old 11-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Participant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
seems way to big for the 40 people who play

:edit well maybe its not to big but to much water
If you always look at something from a pking stand point, nothing will ever be perfect except those boxes you kiddies like to play in... What do they call that? Sparing I think...? Anyway, I proposed something a little bit more economical; which is adding docking stations in the South East & West, as well as North East & West. All four can have something they specialize in to draw attention and make the water a little more playful and useful. For example, one can specialize in boats, and just like we have didn't variety of cars we can have different variety of boats. Then the other three would specialize in other things, i'm not going to go in depth about this plan though; but if you wanna know just ask me online, I think you guys get the gist.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:47 PM
good god...RIP
Old 11-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentWood View Post
If you always look at something from a pking stand point, nothing will ever be perfect except those boxes you kiddies like to play in... What do they call that? Sparing I think...? Anyway, I proposed something a little bit more economical; which is adding docking stations in the South East & West, as well as North East & West. All four can have something they specialize in to draw attention and make the water a little more playful and useful. For example, one can specialize in boats, and just like we have didn't variety of cars we can have different variety of boats. Then the other three would specialize in other things, i'm not going to go in depth about this plan though; but if you wanna know just ask me online, I think you guys get the gist.
Great idea for Unholy Nation.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
1 big landmass > smaller islands imo

It could have been a lot better if you just combined the 4 islands.
You could even have kept their respective contents in the same layout, just without the separation into smaller, spread out islands.
One big city with different districts would have been cooler.

I will say GG on the fact that the Hospital says "Medical Center" instead of "Medical Centre," though.

And the old gang bases are just gone?
(not trying to talk **** about the new ones. I'm liking the look of them.)

I question the necessity of 4 mines, and the proximity of the gym to unstick.

This is going to be one of those things where you guys are like "realism? wah, it's a stupid 2d game.", but...
In real life, the businesses that are closest to the most heavily trafficked areas are the ones that are visited most often. For good reason.
The cost of doing business is higher the closer you are to hot spots due to high rent. Therefore, only the biggest and most prosperous businesses can afford to be there.
No one is going to the gym, the bank, the skate shop, or the post office, yet they're all within a block of unstick.

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 11-02-2014 at 02:42 AM..
Old 11-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I'm going to try keep this short;

We don't have the player-count to support the kind of use that this map is intended for. That being said; It doesn't mean we never will.

I feel like a few changes to the way Era is will determine whether this map change was worth-while or not.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:52 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
In real life, the businesses that are closest to the most heavily trafficked areas are the ones that are visited most often. For good reason.
The cost of doing business is higher the closer you are to hot spots due to high rent. Therefore, only the biggest and most prosperous businesses can afford to be there.
No one is going to the gym, the bank, the skate shop, or the post office, yet they're all within a block of unstick.
I've done this to avoid giving a gang base, shop, or even a house an advantage over the rest. The goal was to balance out the map and keep it consistent and well organized.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:26 AM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
Guys it's really simple: Demisis is always right. Why don't you all just do what he says?

Why do you people even bother posting after him?
Old 11-02-2014, 01:29 PM
if were getting boats can we water ski and wake board plz