Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Car Missions

These give like 2k an hour at best. That's horrid lol make them more lucrative or add a progression (like levels) to make it worthwhile. Good work on the menu and system though i really like everything other than how it's a waste of time lol
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
The income is pretty bad on it, I spent a few hours and got 8k, doesn't feel worth it to me. I'm not saying it's hard, but it does take your full attention to do, not like running around trash picking or mining where you can just lazily do for decent money. Your full attention pretty much is taken by this, it does need to pay out better IMO.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Is there no enjoyment out of anything now for people? Do they just want, want and want?

If i'm not mistaken car missions are suppose to be enjoyable for noobs to give them things to do, the cash was just a bonus.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
He's talking about the new Taxi system, not the old car missions. Ya'll should read your news updates on Era! But yeah, the Taxi system is mostly meant for new players to learn their way around Era. It has the arrow to point them in the direction to a number of different important places, like shops, bases, etc. It's meant as a revamp of the old car missions, and is supposed to be an entertaining way to get started on Era.

That aside, I'd be happy to raise the income on this, but we need to get a good idea of how much people are making compared to how much people are making in other jobs. Their are a number of potential areas for expansion as well. If you really see this as an entertaining and lasting way of making money, we could add things like different taxi cabs you can buy after reaching a certain score, or potentially levels (though that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense imo). I agree that 8k in three hours probably isn't particularly worth it.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:49 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I would argue that new players are just like regular players in that they almost always seek out the way or ways of making money that are the most profitable, which means making something specifically for noobs that is purposely less profitable than the other jobs is wasted effort. For example, whenever I'm digging, I'll get maybe a noob or two coming up to me, and the first question they ask is "How do you get a gold shovel?" and the second question is "Is digging good money?". But they never ask "Is digging fun?" or "Will digging help me learn the map?".

Also, I really like car missions. It's my favorite job, and the job that I find least boring. I would love if it was brought in line with the profitability of the other jobs.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:29 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
These give like 2k an hour at best. That's horrid lol make them more lucrative or add a progression (like levels) to make it worthwhile. Good work on the menu and system though i really like everything other than how it's a waste of time lol
I don't want to level up by being a taxi..leave that for mining. idk why it was added to EVERYTHING in Era.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 01-24-2014 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Post less aggressively towards other opinions
Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
I don't want to level up by being a taxi..leave that for mining. idk why it was added to EVERYTHING in Era.
It was added to everything because it's better.

Doing the same thing for 1000 hours, and still earning the same amount is lame.

That's like working at a job for 10 years and never getting a raise.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I think the progression idea is good, more fulfilling.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
It was added to everything because it's better.

Doing the same thing for 1000 hours, and still earning the same amount is lame.

That's like working at a job for 10 years and never getting a raise.
I do agree that it's better but it can pump to much money into the economy. Which current making money systems has already done.

People have worked a life time and never got a raise. I have to disagree with that point.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:24 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
So punish the poor new players with crazy amounts of work because the rich might get richer?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
I've never understood the whole too much money in the economy thing. It literally does not ****ing matter. It should be monitored by staff to check for massive spikes from duping and such, but the number itself does not mean anything.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:52 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
I agree with you Zach. The only problem should be if people are making money in illegal ways. It's been 5 or more years since the last reset (correct if I'm wrong) so you can't expect everyone to be poor. That being said, you can't expect them being rich to translate into new players being rich. Make jobs easy, why the **** not.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 PM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
Mining ftw.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
every job on era is boring. respect to the people that can actually stand doing shoveling or flower picking or the dreadful mining. pking is really the only fun way to earn cash.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
So punish the poor new players with crazy amounts of work because the rich might get richer?
Do not make sense of this? 'Punish new players with crazy amounts of work'? Really? How do you think the guys that are rich now got rich? Maybe check some of their mining levels and you will see that most of them worked their ass off. (Me included).

Also the rich might get richer' What?

@Zach. It's not just a number. If their is an infinite amount of money out their then we will have serious problems. Everyone running around with a navy etc? How boring would that be? Food businesses/Ammo businesses would suffer because everyone would just buy enough to last a life time and then nobody would go back and buy more. More and more problems start happening after this to. So you're wrong.