Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Gun Statistics

So, the gun stats got balanced.
Again.
For the XYZ'th time.
Just mere months ago.

But I don't think the administration has learned anything from the previous XYZ attempts.

Once again, multiple parties are modifying stats of random guns sporadically.
New guns are being created, without even a slight glance at the molds created within the balancing.
Previously unreleased guns are filtering into the game, without ample modification; or in most cases, without even checking the gun script.

The worst part?
A majority of these guns are free use.
Guns you obtain simply by joining a gang, with no effort required, now highly out-class almost every possible option of weaponry that can be properly earned.

Just a quick check before I hopped off the staff team shows how bad this issue is. Four of these 'gang guns' have exact carbon copy and paste statistics; that of the Mp5 Navy.. which is the most expensive gun you can obtain through a monetary shop purchase. Many more even out-class (have better stats than) their best subjective counterparts of gun 'type' (shotgun, handguns, etc.)

The game play quality has dropped almost as far as the skill-cap over the past week+. This behavior of gun editing needs to cease and be remedied. Someone with actual in-game (player) knowledge needs to oversee guns and standardize anything that tries to work its way onto the server so there are no anomalies.

I'd like to actually have to try when pking, and perhaps see some significantly positive effect of being better than the player against me... rather than just having a mindless shootout, holding D and not being hampered in the slightest with these ridiculous statistics.

tl;dr
Stats are getting ****ed up again, and no one with even the slightest bit of knowledge concerning guns is overseeing these modifications. It needs to be controlled and standardized, or the game play will [continue to] suffer.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I'd like to offer my services

Also, you don't HAVE to use no-skill guns. Try using an uzi.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Also, you don't HAVE to use no-skill guns. Try using an uzi.
I do generally use higher skill-cap weaponry.
My hot-keyed selection of weapons is all semi-automatic. With my most used weapon (z key) being bound to an M1 Carbine that I obtained for free.

This personal use and preference doesn't deter me from obtaining significant kill streaks every life, even against [normally] armored targets, and bomb lamers. Or from landing a cool 2-3:1 KD ratio even through the lamest depths of gang events/bhpk/raiding.

However, this is not in the least bit fun for myself. I doubt even less-so for those players who can't pull this off. (The currently online members of our elite gang all generally agree).

If it isn't fun for the best players on the server, then how can facing an entire guild, equipped (for free mind you) with the highest caliber of weaponry on the server, be fun for anybody? Especially those lone players who actually earned their tier of weapons, just to have copies handed out for free with no rhyme of reason behind it?

Old 11-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I do generally use higher skill-cap weaponry.
My hot-keyed selection of weapons is all semi-automatic. With my most used weapon (z key) being bound to an M1 Carbine that I obtained for free.

This personal use and preference doesn't deter me from obtaining significant kill streaks every life, even against [normally] armored targets, and bomb lamers. Or from landing a cool 2-3:1 KD ratio even through the lamest depths of gang events/bhpk/raiding.

However, this is not in the least bit fun for myself. I doubt even less-so for those players who can't pull this off. (The currently online members of our elite gang all generally agree).

If it isn't fun for the best players on the server, then how can facing an entire guild, equipped (for free mind you) with the highest caliber of weaponry on the server, be fun for anybody? Especially those lone players who actually earned their tier of weapons, just to have copies handed out for free with no rhyme of reason behind it?

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that guns that don't take skill aren't fun, and guns that do take skill aren't fun.

sources:
"The game play quality has dropped almost as far as the skill-cap over the past week+." -talking about gang guns.
"However, this is not in the least bit fun for myself." -talking about using an M1/whatever other guns you have hotkeyed.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
This is just a vicious circle that has been going on for years now. They change the stats, leave then somebody else comes alone and then changes them again. Also when new guns get created people with no gun stat knowledge is allowed to edit and attempt to 'balance' them.

Let's be honest here, the guys with the guns/stat knowledge... There is none in our staff team.

Fiber, pretty sure you 'offered your services' a while back and were guns admin? I'm not saying anything here, i'm just curious as to what you did that made the guns any better than what they are now?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i havn't been playing much lately, which new OP guns have been released? i know by fact that the event shop gun with 22 dmg is OP compared to TG and SG552 which are the most similar guns which can be compared to it
i actually thought the gun stat balancing was done well for once
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that guns that don't take skill aren't fun, and guns that do take skill aren't fun.
Playing the game in general/PKing isn't fun (is it that hard to understand?). No matter how much effort you try to make it require (gun choice), going against entire guilds strapped with free sets of imbalanced weapons is stale and pointless.

Those players aren't gonna see it the same way, they're all going to take the cheapest route to laming you as hard as possible. And these free guns for all of them enables this behavior, which (as quoted) reduces the skill-cap for Era, and makes it less enjoyable.

They don't do anything to earn these weapons, yet these weapons earn them that kill or point. It should be the other way around for both cases; shouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
i havn't been playing much lately, which new OP guns have been released? i know by fact that the event shop gun with 22 dmg is OP compared to TG and SG552 which are the most similar guns which can be compared to it
i actually thought the gun stat balancing was done well for once

Every gang gun they added can be matched to Mp5/AA12/Angels (tops for each 'type') or even better. They're all free.
They just made a custom gang gun the other day; you could say Ares (the event gun u referenced) with 23 damage, auto, faster, and with some colored bullets that are nearly invisible. Also free.
Oh and that Ares gun? The peak of the gun tiers? They buffed it.
MVP guns that are actually limited and difficult to obtain? Nerfed worse than the publicly available versions.

@Koho; Yep.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Fiber, pretty sure you 'offered your services' a while back and were guns admin? I'm not saying anything here, i'm just curious as to what you did that made the guns any better than what they are now?
For one thing, The way I priced guns was a lot more consistent with a gun's stats. Expensive guns were always better than cheap guns, as it should be.

The ACR (850k) is worse than both Shipka (700k) and DR (625k).
The Ove Glove (900k) is a lot worse than the HK416 (325k).
There are probably other examples of that, but those are the ones I know of.

And for another thing, there were a lot more guns. I've seen people complaining on a few occasions that they wished there were more guns (like how there used to be.) In my opinion at least, I made some unique guns, stats-wise.
The Sable, MK14, MP7, XM25, Tempest, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Playing the game in general/PKing isn't fun (is it that hard to understand?). No matter how much effort you try to make it require (gun choice), going against entire guilds strapped with free sets of imbalanced weapons is stale and pointless.

Those players aren't gonna see it the same way, they're all going to take the cheapest route to laming you as hard as possible. And these free guns for all of them enables this behavior, which (as quoted) reduces the skill-cap for Era, and makes it less enjoyable.

They don't do anything to earn these weapons, yet these weapons earn them that kill or point. It should be the other way around for both cases; shouldn't it?

Every gang gun they added can be matched to Mp5/AA12/Angels (tops for each 'type') or even better. They're all free.
They just made a custom gang gun the other day; you could say Ares (the event gun u referenced) with 23 damage, auto, faster, and with some colored bullets that are nearly invisible. Also free.
Oh and that Ares gun? The peak of the gun tiers? They buffed it.
MVP guns that are actually limited and difficult to obtain? Nerfed worse than the publicly available versions.
Regarding the availability/pricing of gang guns, didn't gang guns used to cost 125 points ($6,250) a week?

And regarding their stats, would they be much of an incentive to join gangs if they sucked?

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 11-23-2013 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Regarding the availability of gang guns, didn't gang guns used to cost 125 points ($6,250) a week?

And regarding their stats, would they be much of an incentive to join gangs if they sucked?
They're free now. And even when they were limited by point availability, they were never the best guns on the sever.

Why should the gun be an incentive to join a gang...?
I honestly wouldn't be opposed to giving every gang the same gun.

Gang guns were supposed to be mid-tier decent weapons that are readily available for newer or poorer players to be able to pick up and compete, however if they wanted to use the best weaponry and advance.. they had to earn that gun tier.

These guns shouldn't be used by the richest players on the game as main weapons because they're so ridiculously overpowered that nothing compares.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Where do you get these free gang guns of which you speak? I want to get me some of that Falcon XT3
Old 11-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Old 11-24-2013, 03:30 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I remember offering to balance the gun's with Rogue a while ago, we had a pretty solid structure and lay-out of what we wanted done, both of us PKed regularly but unfortunately things change and I guess the gun situation got worse and worse.

Guns that can be acquired for free shouldn't be anything over Teir 2 without being exclusive (Maybe a chance for a gun or something stupid that never happens anymore)
Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
I thought your argument was really valid until I logged on to see you laming with flak and bow, spamming aa12, using your pimp cane (staff only item), and running around with a gang full of super/sewer elixers. Such swag.

Anyways, the gang guns are stupid strong. rr12 is basically aa12 (with a higher fire rate?), osiris pulserifle and lr16 are acrs on steroids (add another projectile but call it balanced) and the massil is, as always, annoying as hell with its grenades and crap. Please make them all tier 2 guns that can still be competitive. It's stupid that any nub can join a gang and get an rr12 to just spam and lame in raids with. Gun stats are one of the main reasons I don't raid/actively PK (I would spar if people still did)

Last edited by -HateD-; 11-25-2013 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: Added gang gun info
Old 11-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
I thought your argument was really valid until I logged on to see you laming with flak and bow, spamming aa12, using your pimp cane (staff only item), and running around with a gang full of super/sewer elixers. Such swag.
I don't own a flak, despite attempts to buy one, and I made sure to balance flak substantially before leaving the team. And as just stated, I am no longer a Staff member -- PimpStick was auctioned as 3 of a kind. Myself, Koko, and Nas own them.

Little known fact, I actually earned my AA12 through long terms of hard work (20 MVP coins...), very few people can say the same. Beyond that, as stated in an above post, the MVP versions of those 3 guns are inferior to the publicly available ones.

We don't use EC items, we laugh at everyone else and count how many they waste when kids fight us with 190hp, armor, and 2ed lives... yet still don't get a kill. The closest thing you'll see with Mercenary is kill streaks, and lots of them (we normally compare /ks and then I try to blow Arc up whenever he gets 14).

I was basically raiding with a bow the whole day cause conventional guns bore, it was hilariously hard to use and my stats dropped below 3:1.

------
Beyond justification (I didn't want you to lose faith in me <3), the points you made are accurate, and there's a separate thread about sparring; which I don't know why that hasn't happened yet.

------
Beyond confirmation, when confronted with this issue (PMed link to this thread), the manager responded with "That was your job and you quit."

Old 11-26-2013, 12:22 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Guess it's not worth bickering about what gang is lame since that's all the game seems to be about anymore. The stats are pretty messed up. One of a kind guns (winchester, ivories) are pretty shitty in comparison to well...everything. The gang guns are stupid strong which makes it so that if you're not in a gang you're not gonna have a good time. Needs fix pls.
Closed Thread