Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
About christmas...

Could someone explain why you didn't basically redo last year's christmas event with new craftable items? You had the graphics for it obviously... Surely that would have brought in more players than the whole 2 freebies and a grind for most tokens thing you got going.

Some constructive criticism for next event:

1. Come up with item stats based on actual viable builds (you know, so people will actually use the items you release) and try to give unviable builds some love... lookin at you caster and archer builds...

2. If you're going to rely on raffles to spread the big loot you should give a few days notice at least.

3. Don't waste perfectly fine graphics on statless or completely useless items. Both swords released were physical attack only. Just one elemental attack on them and they'd be perfectly viable item choices in a build. Thunder sword and ice flame sword used to be free remember?

Hope everyone had a great christmas both online and offline. See you all next holiday event.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:00 PM
The Nuke
Nuke_for_you will become famous soon enough
I couldn't have said it better and the last sentence hurts

I miss the days when GK wasnt about wait for 1 of 4 yearly events
Old 12-29-2012, 01:18 AM
mewtoo18 is on a distinguished road
When will the xmas shop be opened? I still have tokens form last year, will these be usable?
Old 12-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtoo18 View Post
When will the xmas shop be opened? I still have tokens form last year, will these be usable?
They won't be usable, unfortunately.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
They wanted to remove the boxes to prevent so many items filling up the server. A lot of items have been released since Christmas 2011.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
They wanted to remove the boxes to prevent so many items filling up the server. A lot of items have been released since Christmas 2011.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there 3 anvils in the xmas shop? One was for boxes, the other two were for introducing completely new items no?

Had they just taken away the boxes (which should have been toned down for easter already but nobody listened back then. same goes for halloween) and put the new free items in the xmas shop instead they'd have a perfectly fine holiday event.

Free+bad stats = not fun
Tokens+neat stats = fun
Quote:
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
You released boxes -EVERY- SINGLE holiday since boxes were released in 2011! take Easter 2010 for example, a new idea, new way to get exp, a new working map system, and - wait for it - a motivated token system that didn't involve Mystery Boxes!

The gift shop just makes me laugh at how little care there is for the server by the people working on the holiday events. You can't brainstorm some stats for a new build on a cheap item that wouldn't **** the economy? (rabbit feet, ivy bow, easter belt, just from the top of my head)

Last edited by Darlene159; 12-29-2012 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: No need to insult people
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there 3 anvils in the xmas shop? One was for boxes, the other two were for introducing completely new items no?

Had they just taken away the boxes (which should have been toned down for easter already but nobody listened back then. same goes for halloween) and put the new free items in the xmas shop instead they'd have a perfectly fine holiday event.

Free+bad stats = not fun
Tokens+neat stats = fun
I agree they could have added a shop to craft items. Put less items in the free shop and created neat items to be crafted. I was just stating why the boxes were not added. Hopefully we will start seeing some of the ideas I have talked to Nico about being added now.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:14 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
how about development and updates? when tig was in charge of the development stuff, which I believe the staff admin is in charge of now, he released kvasir and maintained a solid holiday schedule with fun quests and ****. now it's just NO RELEASES, MINOR CHANGES (mostly to stats to common items), and a LONG wait for holidays that never seem to come.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 AM
dbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
how about development and updates? when tig was in charge of the development stuff, which I believe the staff admin is in charge of now, he released kvasir and maintained a solid holiday schedule with fun quests and ****. now it's just NO RELEASES, MINOR CHANGES (mostly to stats to common items), and a LONG wait for holidays that never seem to come.
Holidays do come, they just kinda blend together.. looking forward to "Happy New Easter Thanks Christmas".. LOL
Old 12-29-2012, 02:21 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Which is exactly what I have been wanting to get done for over a month now. Nico is in charge of Development and he is going to start getting some of the things I wanted to see started now.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 AM
dbug will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Which is exactly what I have been wanting to get done for over a month now. Nico is in charge of Development and he is going to start getting some of the things I wanted to see started now.
Nico is very resourceful and I feel confident he can actually get stuff accomplished.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
Nico is very resourceful and I feel confident he can actually get stuff accomplished.
Saving this quote for the future.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2012, 03:31 AM
ω
Quote:
so.. what do you do? Why is Nico not Staff Admin if he's in charge of development? Why couldn't you complete the things you wanted done over a year ago when you were put as EA (without even being an EM...)?

with this said, I currently doubt Nico's capability.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
GK, the server where everyone afks between holiday seasons. Really need some actual content

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto