Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Opinion: Tileset

Tileset for Era Dev, possible update: Sidewalk and street tiles...

Which do you prefer? Why do you like it? Why don't you like it?

(no, I did not make the tiles, I simply want to implement this into the current dev tileset if this is something players would like. Also, with the first image, the tiles will look a little nicer online, they're low quality... It's the only way to get them to display in the offline editor.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6j22if.png
Views:	183
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	53718   Click image for larger version

Name:	330y3ck.png
Views:	180
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	53719  

Last edited by Tim_Rocks; 09-26-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Old 09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I like the one with MORE DETAIL (The one of the right)
Old 09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
I like the one with MORE DETAIL (The one of the right)
That's not detail, that's noise. I like the first one. It's about time for some new tiles on Era.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
That's not detail, that's noise. I like the first one. It's about time for some new tiles on Era.
I agree with Crow. The one on the left looks much smoother.

The tiles on the right are the ones we have now, no? They're not bad in themselves, but my opinion remains.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Hahahaha always hated those noisy structures on the tileset... when I worked for Era, I tried chaning that all, but the Era-people arn't really tolerant when it comes to changes lol... poor population

Old 09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
the Era-people arn't really tolerant when it comes to changes
Who gives a damn? Just enforce the changes.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:38 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
first one is nicer but the size is retarded. they look like they go up to your knees
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Hahahaha always hated those noisy structures on the tileset... when I worked for Era, I tried chaning that all, but the Era-people arn't really tolerant when it comes to changes lol... poor population
Weren't a lot of your changes half finished and rough art though?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
fortunately you have your own server to tend to and a flourishing population to cultivate as a result of your innovation.

how many players you got online right now, anyway?

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I like the first one tbh
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
fortunately you have your own server to tend to and a flourishing population to cultivate as a result of your innovation.

how many players you got online right now, anyway?
He still makes a valid point. I worked for Zodiac and players seem to hate change, even if for the better. And this was Zodiac.

Are you seriously calling him out for not having his own server with lots of players, just because he said Era's graphics look horrible(and they do), and that the players hate change(and they do)?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Left one, definitely

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
He still makes a valid point. I worked for Zodiac and players seem to hate change, even if for the better. And this was Zodiac.

Are you seriously calling him out for not having his own server with lots of players, just because he said Era's graphics look horrible(and they do), and that the players hate change(and they do)?
Everytime Ketso does...ANYTHING:

"GOSH I HATE KETSO SO MUCH, HE'S RUINING ZODIAC"

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Everytime Ketso does...ANYTHING:

"GOSH I HATE KETSO SO MUCH, HE'S RUINING ZODIAC"
Zodiac is moving definitely in the right direction with their changes..
It's just how they went about them that bugged me (and a bunch of others).

Instead of doing everything and testing it, they just implement crap and on the server like zodiac it leads to half the players having to reset their levels or skills or even buy new gear every week they decide to change something.

Fixing one seemingly 'overpowered' char leads to 2-3 more.

I spent about a month gathering gear for my Assassin because it was a pretty dominant class with the right gear and skill-set. I ended up having to char-reset and improvise skill sets like 5 times because they kept editing the crap, most of it because they did something as simple as move ONE skill, it would cost you 800k to creset and re-buy everything, then 2 hours to cmp. It became a hassle so I quit until it was back to an equilibrium.

-------

As far as Era goes, and the OP... I prefer the tiles on the left, which I recall using on Dev when Chris was manager. It looks much better, however, in the long run it leaves more room for error and seeing how slowly things got on dev (bunch of people fired) it would be too much of a hassle to add correctly.
(All the corners, sidewalk outlines, cross-walks, inevitable tile errors)
Not to mention some of the tiles themselves have small errors (grass-sidewalk corners).
Old 09-26-2011, 11:20 PM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Bet your ass I am. I'm going to get on anyone who passes judgement on something when they can't do any better themselves.

Graal's graphics are horrible. As far as in relation to the game, Era's graphics are different, as they should be.

In other news, somebody's been menstruating on the tileset. Who's call was this?

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.