Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 PM
littlekinky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Gold account

I became a gold member back in 2006ish and i am just wondering if i can change my community name, i understand that if you have a Graal### account this is possible but what about if your account isn't a Graal### account?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
if ur account is lifetime account
old style u cant change the account name without stefan
Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
if ur account is lifetime account
old style u cant change the account name without stefan
Even though it is possible with the intervention of Stefan it technically wouldn't be fully changed because most if not all servers use accounts names for storage and other account specific objects and the newly changed account name wouldn't be able to access that storage area.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Even though it is possible with the intervention of Stefan it technically wouldn't be fully changed because most if not all servers use accounts names for storage and other account specific objects and the newly changed account name wouldn't be able to access that storage area.
This is the point of community names. All old accounts should have been converted over to the new system, thus you should be able to change your display name even if you have an old account.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
This is the point of community names. All old accounts should have been converted over to the new system, thus you should be able to change your display name even if you have an old account.
If I lost my 3 letter account I would cry irl... :'(
Old 07-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
If I lost my 3 letter account I would cry irl... :'(
Graal##### = the same as your account name. However, on top of that we also have display names, which for our case is the same as our account name. However, even old accounts should be able to change their display names(which means you could change Sky to Ground, which is what everyone else will see, but your account name would still be Sky).
Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I don't know the specifics behind the system but I see no reason why you couldn't keep your old account name and get a new community name. Obviously there would be issues with servers which have not fully transitioned to the new system, but it should be possible.

edit: Tig said he's not able to change community names for old accounts.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:13 AM
littlekinky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I don't know the specifics behind the system but I see no reason why you couldn't keep your old account name and get a new community name. Obviously there would be issues with servers which have not fully transitioned to the new system, but it should be possible.

edit: Tig said he's not able to change community names for old accounts.
So only Stefan?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Banned
blader2007_p2p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekinky View Post
So only Stefan?
Yep, unfortunately he's an incredibly busy man, so he'll easily disregard such requests.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:56 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blader2007_p2p View Post
Yep, unfortunately he's an incredibly busy man, so he'll easily disregard such requests.
Not necessarily, I got him to change my community name for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:28 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekinky View Post
So only Stefan?
Technically yes, but not really. For consistency, the only way to change the name of an old account is for Stefan to create a new account, then transfer everything over from your old account, and delete the old account. So technically it's not changing the name, but actually creating a new account and deleting the old one. In most circumstances, we don't officially provide that service to customers.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-24-2011, 05:44 AM
-Pixel Ravenix
Snake980 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Technically yes, but not really. For consistency, the only way to change the name of an old account is for Stefan to create a new account, then transfer everything over from your old account, and delete the old account. So technically it's not changing the name, but actually creating a new account and deleting the old one. In most circumstances, we don't officially provide that service to customers.
yeah I asked for an account name change a while ago since I named this account back in 2006 and had no Idea what name I'd stick with later on :/
oh well
Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Levels Artist
fatcat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
:[ try being a fatcat.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat123 View Post
:[ try being a fatcat.
You should just feel fortunate that you actually have a named account. People with Graal#### accounts would love to have a name like yours.

Its a double edged sword, those of us with old accounts are destined to always remain the same. Those that can change their community name are destined to always be known as customer#whatever.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It's a shame Stefan can't make it simple for old accounts to change their community names. If he did, there'd be a lot more pressure on scripters to fix the terrible community name support on most servers.