Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
GC Studios

I wanted to start working on a remade GC studios in the near future, so I would like some input on how you think it should look.

The old studios was far too spread out imo (example: the prizes were wayyyy in the back,) and honestly the doors to the individual studios were never used because GCs would just instantly warp people to the event.

So, what are your thoughts on how the new GC studios should look?

The prize room definately needs to be near the front, while a large stat-board (like the one GC made,) could make a return appearance. I'm also trying to figure out if theres another format we could bunch the individual studios by, rather than assigning them alphabetically.

Any constructive input is welcome.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
make it less big.

and keep the prizes . I loved the house prize!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Definitely smaller than what it used to be. Maybe like 3-4 levels max?

Events should be grouped as PK and non-PK.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Events should be grouped as PK and non-PK.
I think the idea was that the studios were like a Television studio and each event had a stage for spectators. The studios themselves need makeovers themselves to keep this feel, each event needs a contestant pool where it sends people when they lose or get knocked out of the event, instead of just putting them into the audience.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:54 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
keep it simple, efficient, and classic

i dont want to run through 3 maximum sized levels to reach something
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
keep it simple
Old 04-06-2010, 04:08 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
oh man night loved his gc studios so much, dont change a thing or he will be sad

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 04-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
ya don't touch it (well i don't mind the prizes area being close) WHAT WOULD BE COOL WOULD BE HAVING ONE GC THREAD
Old 04-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Gladius
If you knew anything about me, you'd know I like to keep separate thoughts spaced out.

Like so.

I'd much rather have different threads so I can look at them one after another, rather than searching through one thread.

Maybe that's just me.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
oh man night loved his gc studios so much, dont change a thing or he will be sad
He will be sad when he hasn't purposely logged on for months.

The GC studios always seemed peculiarly set up in my opinion There were a bunch of studios which linked to nothing, or were broken. It took a good amount of time walking to the back where the prize shop is.

On that thought wasn't the gc studios set up based on the idea that players would host some events? (I have no clue since I didn't play classic then). I don't necessarily think it's bad of Gladius to explore options of renovating it into a more condensed, and sensible way.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 04-06-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I remember the room in which you had to enter a door to host an event, it was huge and I liked that. But my point is it took me like 8 seconds to reach the prize room :/ some levels were uneccesary big IMO (lobby?)
Old 04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Gladius
Quick thought:

Where should the new GC studios be located?

For years it was under the graal city bridge, which was close by to lvl 14 but still a bit strange. Then it was moved to west of Graal Castle, which was a bit further away but not too bad (obviously both times you could warp there, but for noobs randomly walking around it'd likely take them a while to find.)

Obviously the overworld is going to be expanded some in the future, and I don't know exactly how it's going to look, but perhaps the best thing to do would be to have the new GC studios in graal city itself. Perhaps on top of the mountain where I tended to idle a bunch when Classic wasn't UC.

So, what are your thoughts on where the new GC studios should be located?

As always, constructive responses are welcome.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
While under the bridge seems 'normal' to me I really think it should be in a more obvious location. Behind the castle near level 14 was more centralized but wouldn't it even be more convenient if it was near a location for 'unstick me?'
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
We just got Singles Bar back, don't remove it again! Asked for that level for like 4 years.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
My personal hope was to actually add the Studios to the level directly above level 14.