Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: When will Classic be put back on the Classic tab?
mid 2010 1 3.03%
late 2010 5 15.15%
early 2011 4 12.12%
mid 2011 3 9.09%
late 2011 0 0%
early 2012 0 0%
mid 2012 0 0%
late 2012 2 6.06%
2013 and beyond 3 9.09%
it will never make it 15 45.45%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
When do you think Classic will make it back into the Classic tab.

When will it return?
Discuss.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
mid 2011 is my guess

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
Never, because managers nowdays want everything done in secret first instead of updates for the server while people are on it.

sure you have the desire to do the work when you first get the job, it seems exciting and all that, but after awhile the workers somehow get it in their heads that "since this is under construction, i can do my work slowly and over the years since i have better things to do sometimes" and they get fired for inactivity, and the NEXT group you hire has totally different ideas and work styles and the old work is pushed to the side, ignored or tossed out to redo it, leading to nothing ever being done.

Like many of the levels, not the scripts, ganis and all of it, just the level builds, i'm sure someone just needed to do some tile fixing or rearranging here and there, but most of it was just kicked to the side and rebuilt from nothing.

The only server i know that has been reset a few times STILL uses alot of the original content and STILL has a playerbase. (era)
Old 03-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Never, because managers nowdays want everything done in secret first instead of updates for the server while people are on it.

sure you have the desire to do the work when you first get the job, it seems exciting and all that, but after awhile the workers somehow get it in their heads that "since this is under construction, i can do my work slowly and over the years since i have better things to do sometimes" and they get fired for inactivity, and the NEXT group you hire has totally different ideas and work styles and the old work is pushed to the side, ignored or tossed out to redo it, leading to nothing ever being done.

Like many of the levels, not the scripts, ganis and all of it, just the level builds, i'm sure someone just needed to do some tile fixing or rearranging here and there, but most of it was just kicked to the side and rebuilt from nothing.

The only server i know that has been reset a few times STILL uses alot of the original content and STILL has a playerbase. (era)
you really have no idea on what going on.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see it being released in the foreseeable future. I am sure it'll be released but by then all the Classic players will have left.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
I'll be 30 before it's released...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
I'll be 30 before it's released...
so you're 29 now?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Well the world ends in 2012 so no point in poll options after that?

Thor and I have been basically working non-stop on Classic, and plenty of people have provided help in-between: Per, Shane, Laura, Shannon, Tyler, Rufus, and others which my terrible memory can't recall at the moment.

One of the key things that swayed decide to "start afresh" was because the server was in a dismal state beforehand, in terms of scripting, community, and content.

We have literally be releasing nearly every single thing we have been doing to the community; if you haven't noticed, your head must be in your ass.

Here is a super-small summary...

Not being to keep up with player demand was one of the major problems pre-UC. At lot of the work has been for us to do rapid development in the future when we are live; mainly with mega-flexible systems and reusable classes and other assets.

We have also released a number of things that you could go ahead and use right now, such as the spar (considered the best on Graal by most who have used it), chatbox, ctf (as usual still the best on Graal), battlegrounds; each of which took an amazingly short amount of time to make because of our other work.

Now we have moved into the storyline, we are nearly done with the intro, have discussed dungeons and making things more diverse, especially considering multiplayer interaction.

It's true that there will always be people who aren't okay with what we are doing; but spreading misinformation and riling up the community is pretty low. Rather I'd personally like to see some more support for what we are doing!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
so you're 29 now?
good one.
+rep in 24hours.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
so you're 29 now?
He is 14...
Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
He is 14...
I'm 21.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
When will it return?
Discuss.
Where is the option for "within less time than it took for the card game to be made"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post

Which server have you been logging onto, and which forum have you been checking out updates on in order to decipher your opinion?

I've been fairly public about what is being done and what we intend to do next (some people disagree with this still but i'm stating this in comparison with both other servers and Classic pre-wipe), the current main Developers in myself + WhiteDragon + Racil have not just been working on it from day one but from years before we decided to go ahead with it, most of the levels have had small fixes and re-arrangement, the Overworld consists largely of levels from before the NPCserver but with an improved Castle and a new (while based on old) passage to a Graveyard for the sake of starter gameplay.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:21 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Where is the option for "within less time than it took for the card game to be made"?
Uh, the card game took 3 years on and off, so there are multiple options that would fall under that.
Make sure those insults actually make sense before you post them.

Doesn't look like people have much hope for classic though.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
hopefully mid 2011. or at least before I quit playing.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
Uh, the card game took 3 years on and off, so there are multiple options that would fall under that.
Make sure those insults actually make sense before you post them.

Doesn't look like people have much hope for classic though.
This thread doesn't really prove anything, how many of those who voted played the server before it was wiped?
How many are aware of what has been done since?
And then you have to consider that every single playerworld bar one or 2 have never been restored to the tab for a lasting period of time so there's bound to be a large amount of scepticism, that can also be used as an argument as to why it's important for the server not to be rushed back on tab, what's really important is whether the server is being remade well.

And as it happens, i've already been asked straight forward by the powers that be whether i'd like Classic to go back on tab, I declined as I think it's important that the server makes the most out of the hype and interest that often coincides with the step up but fades away within 15 minutes.