FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
Yes, I like this system better than the current one. 6 22.22%
No, the current one is probably better. 21 77.78%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 04:33 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Era Combat System

This is an idea I had and could still implement onto Era Dev, but after running it by a few people decided it might be best not to do this.

However, reading someone else's post sparked a little thought for me: maybe you guys would be interested in deciding .

So, this is my idea.

Right now on Era the gun freeze time is how long your player freezes after you fire the gun. You press 1 to toggle strafe, and it is much like the classic, 'clunky' gun PK system.

Here is my idea for a revision to the gun system:

Instead of freezing every time you fire the gun, you continue moving while you fire it, and 'freeze time' is simply the time in between each bullet while you're holding down D. Also while you're holding down D you automatically strafe, so if you just want to shoot in a single direction you tap D instead of holding it down.

No more pressing 1 (which seems to be really random and not very sleek...) for strafing. How to reload you ask? R. Not A.

R is right next to D and is closer than A, plus R would stand for 'reload'.

Holding Shift + D would toggle whether or not the guns you had equipped were dual or not.

Shift+D would make your two uzi's dual, Shift+D again would make it a single uzi.

Thoughts?

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Beta Test :o
Old 02-24-2009, 04:44 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
there's already a freeze between bullets. it's called rate of fire. it seems like all you're doing is removing freezeplayer from weapons and changing it so holding D strafes you. sounds a lot more lame than what we already have.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I like the idea about the horrible freezing, and no more strafe ability, but nothing else :s I'll vote for the old on that note, but only because part of the idea appealed to me xD
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
So you're saying no player-freezing?...That would be kind of lame.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
the animations would now flow smoothly.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:42 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I voted to keep the current PK system. The one that you wrote just doesn't appeal to me. However, you should possibly put up a beta thing to see how it works.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:44 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt View Post
the animations would now flow smoothly.
In just about every game I've played, if you're shooting a weapon, you at least have to slow down. I can't imagine wall laming with no freeze at all being very fun...

EDIT: I guess it depends on the weapon -- handguns and stuff I could imagine no player-freeze.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
In just about every game I've played, if you're shooting a weapon, you at least have to slow down. I can't imagine wall laming with no freeze at all being very fun...

EDIT: I guess it depends on the weapon -- handguns and stuff I could imagine no player-freeze.
but in this case, it's 2d. in a 3d game you could just make it so there's a lot of recoil when moving. on graal, a lot of spread and pose as an advantage.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Oldbie
death_striker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to death_striker
Tig don't change the Gun systems around. People will leave Era for something else due to the fact that it would be changed.

-death_striker
Old 02-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Quote:

"now" was supposed to be "not"

so my argument is actually against the system.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
So you're saying no player-freezing?...That would be kind of lame.
There would be no freezing but there would be a pause between how fast you could shoot the bullets instead of freezing the movement.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-24-2009, 06:56 AM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
Im so use to the current that i wouldnt like to see it change but i do like the idea, i think the main reason people will argue this is because itll b a change they have to get use to
Old 02-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt View Post
"now" was supposed to be "not"

so my argument is actually against the system.
oh, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
There would be no freezing but there would be a pause between how fast you could shoot the bullets instead of freezing the movement.
You can already change that though...fire rate
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
This might be a little late for a reply to your post, sales, regarding No Freeze + Strafe, but the thing is: if freeze were removed, I would only like to see that happen if Strafe were removed, too. At least that way the player is forced to face another direction before firing in the same direction again, leaving that gap open for a dodge. It's not really that bad, but if freeze were removed and strafe left in, then we'd have a huge problem, as if P2Ks were back to how they originally were, but with every gun.

I do, however, think the system is fine how it is.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·