Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
You'll be waiting a while. She's not going to be around for a long time, remember?
What's her date for return? I for some reason thought it was yesterday.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What's her date for return? I for some reason thought it was yesterday.
To be honest Matt I do not think there is an exact date set for her return. I believe it is when she feels she wants to come back and participate. But I do hope she returns fairly soon!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Bell isn't returning until after the holidays, but she still drops in now and again.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Bell isn't returning until after the holidays, but she still drops in now and again.
Pretty much this ^

For most of you it's easy because you don't have to do a lot of running around, but when you're the parent, holiday season steals a whole load of your focus. I'm not a parent, myself, but it's still taking up a lot of my time. Not to the same extent as Bell, but yeah. Her return is undetermined and will only be considered after the holiday season is over with. If it's urgent, she has mentioned people can e-mail her
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Pretty much this ^

For most of you it's easy because you don't have to do a lot of running around, but when you're the parent, holiday season steals a whole load of your focus. I'm not a parent, myself, but it's still taking up a lot of my time. Not to the same extent as Bell, but yeah. Her return is undetermined and will only be considered after the holiday season is over with. If it's urgent, she has mentioned people can e-mail her
Oh lordy, I hate the sound of that.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
well how about we not idolize bell as the leader of the GDT since it's not a good bet to place everything on one person and hope they do well. there are plenty of other people who could lead the GDT just as well as bell could, except they probably have more free time than it seems bell does
Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I may or may not be misinformed, but did Vulcan give up the position of leading the GDT or something (Did he even originally get the position?)? In the offset of the GDT being discussed behind closed doors (EG: The global section of the forums), I thought I recalled the candidate to lead the team toward it's goals was Vulcan. A few of reasons supporting this, 2 of which included

1) the fact that he's been a global before and knows the ropes
and
2) the fact that he's got extensive experience in just about every department the GDT covers, from Levels right up to an advanced knowledge of scripting.

However, if I was mistaken or am still mistaken on any of the above facts, set me straight. If all of the above is incorrect though, then I would be putting my recommendation for Vulcan to lead the team, in the event he'd even accept the role.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 12-09-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Got Milk?
WarLord2004 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hi Ts... Wait did i miss something again lolz.. Alright mabey next year... Might be to late but grats to the selection. And where is bell?????? She better get here quickly Matt seems grumpy FTW.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I may or may not be misinformed, but did Vulcan give up the position of leading the GDT or something (Did he even originally get the position?)? In the offset of the GDT being discussed behind closed doors (EG: The global section of the forums), I thought I recalled the candidate to lead the team toward it's goals was Vulcan. A few of reasons supporting this, 2 of which included

and
2) the fact that he's got extensive experience in just about every department the GDT covers, from Levels right up to an advanced knowledge of scripting.

However, if I was mistaken or am still mistaken on any of the above facts, set me straight. If all of the above is incorrect though, then I would be putting my recommendation for Vulcan to lead the team, in the event he'd even accept the role.
It was the plan in the early stages, but after further discussion I was moved in to a senior role with op rights on the IRC and the ability to add/remove people from the guild. The decisions as far as what projects were to be worked on, etc still fell to Bell and Skyld.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:

and

it's clear that someone should take on the role of leader for the GDT, at least to some degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
It was the plan in the early stages, but after further discussion I was moved in to a senior role with op rights on the IRC and the ability to add/remove people from the guild. The decisions as far as what projects were to be worked on, etc still fell to Bell and Skyld.
so (basically) skyld is the leader of the GDT at present?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
so (basically) skyld is the leader of the GDT at present?
I wouldn't say its his job to lead the GDT, but he does have the authority to make decisions relating to the team. Keep in mind that Skyld is busy with other projects and uni work right now so it wouldn't be reasonable to expect him to keep up with his other duties and run the team. if he could though, that'd be awesome =D

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Forum Moderator
An update for those of you who were concerned about a certain member's addition to the team. I have removed this Katie girl from the team.

Base reasoning being she doesn't seem to be of any use to the team. No documented work/help, she's got no forums access to be contacted for help and no known GDT IRC channel affiliation noticed by regular visitors.

Also, her unorthodox addition to the team with no documented reasons for adding her nor apparent discussion with fellow team members has had a severe bearing on this outcome.

If there are any conflicts of interest in this matter, you are welcome to contact me personally by any of the means listed in my signature.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 12-12-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 08:46 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
An update for those of you who were concerned about a certain member's addition to the team. I have removed this Katie girl from the team.

Base reasoning being she doesn't seem to be of any use to the team. No documented work/help, she's got no forums access to be contacted for help and no known GDT IRC channel affiliation noticed by regular visitors.

Also, her unorthodox addition to the team with no documented reasons for adding her nor apparent discussion with fellow team members has had a severe bearing on this outcome.

If there are any conflicts of interest in this matter, you are welcome to contact me personally by any of the means listed in my signature.
great job, let's not let people get added like that again
Old 12-12-2009, 08:55 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
This page still needs to be updated. What's the point of this team if they can't even be contacted?

I guess the GDT must have some other idea of what the team is for than I do, but the way I see it is that the most important thing to do is get examples of your work out there along with contact information. Otherwise, it's just a tag to sit on.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This page still needs to be updated. What's the point of this team if they can't even be contacted?

I guess the GDT must have some other idea of what the team is for than I do, but the way I see it is that the most important thing to do is get examples of your work out there along with contact information. Otherwise, it's just a tag to sit on.
There also needs to be an addition to the contact page on the forums. I am pretty busy right now, but I will see about working on this as soon as I can.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST