Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 AM
pretty princess
Correction will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Correction Send a message via AIM to Correction
A bug in Graal

Hi,

I found a critical bug with Graal v5. When I connect, there is no Classic server in the servers list. I can still connect to it by typing "classic" in the server name field, but it is largely underdeveloped and no one is playing.

I've attached a screenshot of this issue. It is always reproducable. Please resolve this as soon as possible as it renders the game virtually unplayable.

Thanks.

system:
MSI MS-1651 laptop
Arch Linux x86_64 (kernel 2.6.32.9)
Intel P8600 Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz 1066MHz FSB
4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM 800Mhz FSB
NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT 512MB (driver 190.53)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-24-203749_1680x1050_scrot.png
Views:	236
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	50741  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Classic is UC now.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:56 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Your claim that it renders the game unplayable is rather..

Also, Classic iPhone =/= Classic
Old 03-25-2010, 03:05 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Is this serious? It seems to be, but the postcount... makes me think otherwise.

Classic is Under Construction, hearsay is it has been like that a lot.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 03-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Correction View Post
Hi,

I found a critical bug with Graal v5. When I connect, there is no Classic server in the servers list. I can still connect to it by typing "classic" in the server name field, but it is largely underdeveloped and no one is playing.

I've attached a screenshot of this issue. It is always reproducable. Please resolve this as soon as possible as it renders the game virtually unplayable.

Thanks.

system:
MSI MS-1651 laptop
I think your issue is that you running on Arch Linux which temporarily allowed in the defective 196.75 NVIDIA drivers into their repos, and onto your computer, due to their rolling release system -- this resulted in your card overheating and resulting in Graal automatically blocking off access to Classic due to the large amount of GPU processing power required to play the latest version.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience but you may need to purchase a new NVIDIA card, possibly an array of NVIDIA tesla in order to be able to play the latest version of Graal Classic.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.

system:
MSI MS-1651 laptop
Have you tried updating your Graphics Driver?

Edit: Great minds with good ideas, planning and progress for Developing servers think alike. (WD beat me to it)

Last edited by ffcmike; 03-25-2010 at 03:29 AM..
Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 AM
PKT
trifle has a spectacular aura about
Looks like I have the same problem...
Give me a PM when the bug is fixed
Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Have you tried updating your Graphics Driver
I considered that this may have been the problem, but consulting my vast banks of quantum computing knowledge, I determined that the superposition of the state of Correction's card was bound to be interfered with by decoherence; however I traversed the states with a random walk in a quantum error-bounded time of O(sqrt(N)) relative to an oracle, coming to the resolution that the GPU was fried due to the bad driver release.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
working as intended

tryin too hard --v
Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Hm well from my experience this bug began to occur right around the time we decided to wipe the server and begin building it from scratch, this resulted in us constructing an entirely new set of systems that were easy to work with rather than a hindrance, writing up a storyline basis and step by step Developmental approach, scripting of re-useable resources for both systems and actual content alike, the publication of these resources downloadable as a package in game to appear offline in the editor to in future encourage their use for such things as player houses and help tasks, creation of a new Sparring and Team Events system including the ability to participate in events such as CTF to contribute towards a Community based content foundation, production of Default weapon remakes and advances of them aswell as LTTPesque techniques, and more recently work towards a server intro to pave the way for the starter gameplay.

I wonder if this could be linked.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Have you tried updating your Graphics Driver?

Edit: Great minds with good ideas, planning and progress for Developing servers think alike.
I don't understand what your edit has to do with anything in the thread.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 AM
Banned
Quote:
Hm well from my experience this bug began to occur right around the time we decided to wipe the server and begin building it from scratch, this resulted in us constructing an entirely new set of systems that were easy to work with rather than a hindrance, writing up a storyline basis and step by step Developmental approach, scripting of re-useable resources for both systems and actual content alike, the publication of these resources downloadable as a package in game to appear offline in the editor to in future encourage their use for such things as player houses and help tasks, creation of a new Sparring and Team Events system including the ability to participate in events such as CTF to contribute towards a Community based content foundation, production of Default weapon remakes and advances of them aswell as LTTPesque techniques, and more recently work towards a server intro to pave the way for the starter gameplay.

I wonder if this could be linked.
No
Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 AM
pretty princess
Correction will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Correction Send a message via AIM to Correction
I know I'm not a computer person, but is there any good reason whatsoever why this can't be developed in parallel with the old Classic still online?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I know I'm not a computer person, but is there any good reason whatsoever why this can't be developed in parallel with the old Classic still online?
Before Classic went down it was barely sustaining a player-count similar to how Valikorlia and N-Pulse are currently.

After much debate and drama, Bell decided to put the server into UC mode where it is worked on in hopes that when it's finally re-released that it will attain it's former glory. G2K1 is also in the same boat. Will they succeed? Only time will tell.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:12 AM
Banned
Quote:
This was what I proposed before I had even become Manager, Master Storm had a Dev server but was not willing to commit to it at the time and then DarkCloud becoming involved in things really killed it off (planning and long-term was not his forte), by the time we wiped playercount had slumped to little more than nothing aswell, and keep in mind that it wasn't exactly hugely playable before beyond Events (assuming you're not talking about Old-Old Classic which I don't want to argue about).

The point was that it would be a step backwards that enables us to take atleast 2 steps forward, and I still believe we are on course, admittedly it's taking a while longer than initially hoped but considering both the timescale and execution that occured in the years after the introduction of the NPCserver i'd take what we have put together now as a Developer any day, and even if we were to have the privilege of another server being hosted for free (it's not something i'm willing to pay for) the distraction of maintaining the previous version of the server just isn't worth delaying the current server more.