Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-27-2005, 10:28 PM
It's all in the family
Stevsen is on a distinguished road
The Big Suggestion Thread

Well, in hope of not being flamed at, i have made this thread where you post all your suggestions, if you want. Heres mine (though they might have been suggested before, but i couldn't find anything):

1) A couple of more dungeons, maybe even a new island, like a undead land where some evil god has taken over the place (If you want a story line).
Most importantly though, add some more undead monsters. A lot of new priests, including me, gets dissapointed when they have just got the Turn Undead spell, and then can't even use it without being very lucky? Either add some or remove the skill/spell.

2) Add just a little more realism, like when using Flaming Aura, its duration should end when you jump into the water, or very quickly after. I can't think of more at this subject right now, but i might add more.

3) Make bigger towns, with more features. I am getting pretty tired of, whenever i want to make a shield or something i first have to go to Bomboria to make the materials, and then go to Harmonia to find out that i didn't make enough of a certain item. A good thing would be some sort of capital city on the main island (I don't know if there is capitals on the other islands, i'm pretty new).

4) Add some sort of Tooltips. For example you could make some scripts so that everytime you hold your mouse over something for an amount of seconds it shows info, instead of the right clicking info, it hardly even explains what the item is. Also you could make a "Tip Of The Day" or a "Did You Know?"

Well thats all i can come up with for now. Feel free to post your suggestions now, or comment mine.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
I sorta like the tooltip idea. Hovering will show the stats and whatnot in a tooltip so the entire stat listing can be seen.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
It's all in the family
Also you could make thoose tooltips when right clicking/hovering for example a oven, then something like "This is a Oven, with coal, you can use it to create iron", or something..
Old 11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
::Flamed at::

The tooltips would become more annoying for me, but its a good idea for beginners. Most people know what it takes, and how many people would utilize the things in each city? Though, the cities are fine for me, I dont think much needs to change. Flaming Aura is fine how it is, if you say it is "cheap" you obviously suck, becuase its a VERY weak spell, and you can use it at level 1.

For the Priest Idea, thats perfect. Good thinking
Old 11-28-2005, 06:05 PM
It's all in the family
I didn't say it was cheap, i said add more realism and came with an example.

Anyway, if the tooltips gets annoying or you don't want them, there could just be a button allowing you to turn tooltips on and off.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:33 PM
It's all in the family
Allright i came up with some more ideas:

1) Add level requirements on items. I see too may low levels walking around with crazy stuff killing all other newbies because of their item advantages. Also, you could do like in diablo, so that if the item has for example +1, every five/ten levels or whatever, it gets another +1 so if you got it at level one, you will have +2 at level 5..

2) This one has been said a lot before: Fix the magic system. Most mages start out with magic missile as their offensive spell, but since it doesn't work, mages are useless at low levels, which results in everyone going physical, meaning that the classes will be unbalanced (I will mention a possible solution to this in 3)). This counts for the priest system also. When i started as a priest, my only "usefull" spell was Turn Undead. Did i say usefull? I mean't my only working spell was Turn Undead, which i can't use on anything as the undead monsters are impossible to find when being a newbie. Then, of course, i had holy word. Usefull? No. When i use it i just see some shades, and its not like any of the bomis/baddies are worshipping my enemy god. Please, GK staff, fix this! It has been said so many times!

3) Add class restrictions. I don't see the point in choosing a mage, but still using big armor and longswords? Here, you could do like in Neverwinter Nights, so that if you wear heavy armor, you have a greater chance to fail when casting spells. Also mages should be able to carry a lot less items, than for example, a barbarian. Another strange thing, is that a priest has to use a wand to cast spells? The way i understand this, you pray to your god to cast spells, you shouldn't depend on a wand. I understand mages do, as it just fits with what we have seen in "LoTR" .

Well.. thats all this time.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Hm.

Keep posting ideas, maybe the ideas will become a gaming reality!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:06 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevsen
1) A couple of more dungeons, maybe even a new island, like a undead land where some evil god has taken over the place (If you want a story line).
Most importantly though, add some more undead monsters. A lot of new priests, including me, gets dissapointed when they have just got the Turn Undead spell, and then can't even use it without being very lucky? Either add some or remove the skill/spell.
Yeah, it'd be nice if some of these spells had points to them. :]

Quote:
2) Add just a little more realism, like when using Flaming Aura, its duration should end when you jump into the water, or very quickly after. I can't think of more at this subject right now, but i might add more.
Totally agreed.

Quote:
3) Make bigger towns, with more features. I am getting pretty tired of, whenever i want to make a shield or something i first have to go to Bomboria to make the materials, and then go to Harmonia to find out that i didn't make enough of a certain item. A good thing would be some sort of capital city on the main island (I don't know if there is capitals on the other islands, i'm pretty new).
I don't agree with that. The towns aren't that far away from each other.

Quote:
4) Add some sort of Tooltips. For example you could make some scripts so that everytime you hold your mouse over something for an amount of seconds it shows info, instead of the right clicking info, it hardly even explains what the item is. Also you could make a "Tip Of The Day" or a "Did You Know?"
Perhaps instead you should suggest that the right-click descriptions were enhanced. I do not think mouseover tooltips would be an improvement, but would end up being annoying. For example, what if you're trying to move furniture around in your house, but can't see where you're trying to put things because of hundreds of tooltips popping up?

Also, I can't speak for anyone else, but I really dislike "Tip of the day"s.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:11 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevsen
1) Add level requirements on items. I see too may low levels walking around with crazy stuff killing all other newbies because of their item advantages. Also, you could do like in diablo, so that if the item has for example +1, every five/ten levels or whatever, it gets another +1 so if you got it at level one, you will have +2 at level 5..
Well, there are already level requirements on prepared weapons. Perhaps the same idea could be applied to enchanted or special armors.

Quote:
3) Add class restrictions. I don't see the point in choosing a mage, but still using big armor and longswords? Here, you could do like in Neverwinter Nights, so that if you wear heavy armor, you have a greater chance to fail when casting spells. Also mages should be able to carry a lot less items, than for example, a barbarian. Another strange thing, is that a priest has to use a wand to cast spells? The way i understand this, you pray to your god to cast spells, you shouldn't depend on a wand. I understand mages do, as it just fits with what we have seen in "LoTR" .
With the advent of the potion-quest system, the classes really seemed to lose their distinction. Anyway, heavy armor already causes a greater chance to fail spells. I agree with the wand thing, but unfortunately that's just how the mudlib's designed.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Well, there are already level requirements on prepared weapons. Perhaps the same idea could be applied to enchanted or special armors.
Further opening the gap between high and low level players =(
Old 11-29-2005, 11:18 PM
It's all in the family
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
Further opening the gap between high and low level players =(
Yeah, it seems to be too late to change it now, and i doubt anyone wants a reset as they would loose all their "leet" items. And by the way, the only thing that needs to be done to decrease the gaps, are simply by not giving people better items for winning events. This results in the most skilled players gets all the best items, and the others must suffer from constant showdown when in battlemode..

And about the tooltips being annyoing, as i said, you should just have a button giving you the opportunity to turn them on or off permanently or something.

EDIT: Corrected some mispellings that seemed to mislead readers

Last edited by Stevsen; 11-30-2005 at 02:28 PM..
Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Buddy
Taikun is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance

With the advent of the potion-quest system, the classes really seemed to lose their distinction. Anyway, heavy armor already causes a greater chance to fail spells.
I agree totally with the enchanted armors thing and I personally think that the potion quest (gold key) some kind of totally screwed the classes.. There are only disadvantages of chosing sorcerer/priest/thief. ( you need to get more gold keys than if you chose barbar or warrior for example). Also I think that there should be a level points based system where you get 2 points per level and can chose where you want to put them into (for example dex/con/str etc.). And where you lower the powerness of those stats. Like in a real rpg :] That would make GK a lot more interesting and not everybody would be same ++++ there should be some kind of class depending armors. (mage robe, kinght armor, priest cloak) <- something like that
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM
It's all in the family
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taikun
I agree totally with the enchanted armors thing and I personally think that the potion quest (gold key) some kind of totally screwed the classes.. There are only disadvantages of chosing sorcerer/priest/thief. ( you need to get more gold keys than if you chose barbar or warrior for example). Also I think that there should be a level points based system where you get 2 points per level and can chose where you want to put them into (for example dex/con/str etc.). And where you lower the powerness of those stats. Like in a real rpg :] That would make GK a lot more interesting and not everybody would be same ++++ there should be some kind of class depending armors. (mage robe, kinght armor, priest cloak) <- something like that
I totally agree! Especially the level point thing and the class depending armors. Would be so cool to actually have use for mages .
Old 11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
We are not putting a level requirement on levels, this is an MMORPG where leveling is more of a hassle then "fun."

I am what, legit level 25? I have more fun idling in trade and watching people trade items, then going out a "leveling," where leveling is actually sitting there, and hitting the space bar.

I perfer to be in battle mode with armor to actually do something, all the armor I use would have a level requirement SO god damn high, I couldnt use any of it.

So No, no level requirements for GK if you want old players to continue playing, and if you want new players to leave, due to the retardidation of this.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Akira Sagesun
meishanli is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to meishanli
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK
...retardidation
Your post made no sense at all. Not sure if you're trying to sound smart or what but.. re-read your post.

Level requirements might be a good idea. Or at least the enchantments, so people who has lower physical levels are able to damage the "high level people". Not many people can break -80+ac these days. As Lance said, if it applies to prepared weapons, could be a way with armour. However if this was to happen.. leveling has to be definately changed. Far too easy these days if you know how.

Aki Sagesun