Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Selling over AIM (USDers...)

Today AGAIN I see people buying and selling GK items over AIM. I know that its illegal to sell stuff for real money on graal but not over AIM... What is the difference?!!! I'm fed up with this bull and it's not fair. Basically all the dirty rich freaks are spending their real money for items on a 2D game, it's ridiculas and staff should ban both parties if this happens over AIM or any other messenger! It's destroying the game and I know that i'm not the only one who feels this way!

Please staff do something about this it's really starting to pee the hard working traders of GK who spend hours trying to get a item and then they see someone buy it for $$$

Please people back me up here or give your point of views (I'm not trying to start a hate thread, that's why I haven't mentioned the people involved)

Last edited by hampy; 07-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: added
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
As long as they don't say, "Selling items for USD, contact my AIM" they can do it. Graal cannot do anything because the agreement and transfer of money happens over the AIM client or any other instant messenger service for that matter. Graal only governs Graal.

I agree with you though. USDing items is sad.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:22 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
yes i dont like people who USD its not fare on the people who work hard to buy things
Old 07-07-2006, 07:24 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3
yes i dont like people who USD its not fare on the people who work hard to buy things
Unfair? No.
Stupid and a waste of money? Yes.

Get a job and buy items if you want. Nobody is stopping you. If you're too young to get a job or have no other way of doing it, tough ****. You can't get mad at others that have money.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
I also agree that USDing is sad and should be banned.. You get to many people buying and selling stuff over AIM that they usualy see to some rich kid who is "new" to graal and ends up quiting a week later. That is how most of the old weapons and armour are not active anymore.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Graal cannot do anything
This should be changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I agree with you though. USDing items is sad.
Yep, it's not only sad though. It's destroying the game is what i'm unhappy about. I don't care if people want to throw away their money it annoys me that they don't care about the people who have worked for hundreds of hours
Old 07-07-2006, 07:38 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampy
Today AGAIN I see people buying and selling GK items over AIM. I know that its illegal to sell stuff for real money on graal but not over AIM... What is the difference?!!! I'm fed up with this bull and it's not fair.
You find understanding from me, but it's true: we tolerate the AIM massing, if it don't ends in spamming.
If somebody needs to buy some pixel, he should do so.
If somebody get scammed of his stuff, it's his risk, because we cannot controle things outside of graal.
That's also the reason, why we don't support on GK to trade outside of tables only by 'lay down and pick up', and we warn players not to lend anyone else his gear for 'testing'.
Quote:
Basically all the dirty rich freaks are spending their real money for items on a 2D game, it's ridiculas and staff should ban both parties if this happens over AIM or any other messenger! It's destroying the game and I know that i'm not the only one who feels this way!

Please staff do something about this it's really starting to pee the hard working traders of GK who spend hours trying to get a item and then they see someone buy it for $$$!
Only you can do is: ignore these kind of advertisedments!

Last edited by Sam; 07-07-2006 at 07:53 PM..
Old 07-07-2006, 07:47 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This should be changed

Unless Graal some how takes over the world, that can not govern what we do outside of the game.

They could ban advertising that you are selling items over AIM, but 1. thats easy to get around. 2. people will just find another way.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no problem with USDers. It's their own decision. I look on the brightside, if there was no USDing there would be many many more items dead on accounts.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
If somebody needs to buy some pixel, he should do so.
!
lol, I like the way you think Well i'm glad i've got my point across and i'm also glad some people have PMed me saying that they agree with me so i'm not alone
Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
USDing generally goes away when items don't take months of item farming to afford.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
I don't see what all of the commotion is about anyways - there are, currently, no active USDers on GK.

I could Mass Message that I was selling over AIM (for USD) (if I was so inclined) until the cows came home, that doesn't mean I'm actually going to get a sale.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
there are, currently, no active USDers on GK.
Wrong, three different people today have bought over AIM, I watched it with my own eyes... they were all within a hour of eachother... Perhaps noone likes your items? =D

Edit: I mean, I have recieved multiple PMs over the last 6 days i've been playing GK again asking if I will sell them my items for $$$. Every time I say no but many people beg me saying they need them oh please I need your items! Again they keep asking its really peeing me off, I mean no fk off don't PM me again kthxbai

Last edited by hampy; 07-07-2006 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: added
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Wrong, three different people today have bought over AIM, I watched it with my own eyes... they were all within a hour of eachother... Perhaps noone likes your items? =D

Edit: I mean, I have recieved multiple PMs over the last 6 days i've been playing GK again asking if I will sell them my items for $$$. Every time I say no but many people beg me saying they need them oh please I need your items! Again they keep asking its really peeing me off, I mean no fk off don't PM me again kthxbai
People who buy an item now and then aren't as much of as concern to the "economy" as those who harvest them such as some of the more notorious USDers in GK history.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I realise that people don't really buy thousands of $ worth of items anymore and most people who want to buy 'over AIM' are really only try to scam you but it is still a problem which I think the GPs should try to clamp down on