Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Graal2001 be made a priority

I think Graal2001's overall server design is much more well thought-out for your new future vision of Graal Online.

Classic, however, I don't think should even have hats.
Classic should be more of a "pure adventure" game, and if you want people to run around inside hat shops, and for real-life money to become synonymous with in-game money, then Graal2001 was obviously designed with this idea in mind from day one.

Stefan, I know you understand Graal2001 better than anyone else on Graal.
If you want to make your game revolve around riches, competition, trade, and showing off what you can buy with the money you earned, then does Classic really look better apt for this than Graal2001?

Really?

The people of Graal's past are very unhappy with your decisions and moves forward with Classic. But I don't feel that would be the case with Graal2001 on the other hand, I think this could be a golden opportunity instead of a darkest hour.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It should just be abandoned officially already and have all its assets released to the public.

Stefan's all about gun servers now anyway.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
We just want Graal2001!!!!!!!11111111111111111111ELEVENELEVENEL EVEN
Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Le Poisson Rouge
HomoPanda has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to HomoPanda Send a message via MSN to HomoPanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
stefan's all about gun servers now anyway.
<3
Old 04-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL View Post
We just want Graal2001!!!!!!!11111111111111111111ELEVENELEVENEL EVEN
Get back to work on Zone.
If you like, I'll find a suitable image to motivate you.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
kingcj will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to kingcj
Actually I remember Graal2001 as build your wealth and get items through working on the server (Bread Making, Fishing, etc). Which would mean that buying items and such with the player's actual money would defeat the purpose of spending time on the server.

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." - W. Edwards Deming
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcj View Post
Actually I remember Graal2001 as build your wealth and get items through working on the server (Bread Making, Fishing, etc). Which would mean that buying items and such with the player's actual money would defeat the purpose of spending time on the server.
That's kind of what cash shops are for. They let players buy their way up the chain instead of spending the hours needed to do it in-game.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Right which would be the worst thing for that kind of economy. Why would you spend time and money on that server if you could just buy your way to the top? It would defeat the purpose of Graal2001 as we remember it. The community was there because people were forced to play side by side making money. I made more friends on Graal2001 growing apple trees than any other way on Graal. So I would have to disagree with cash shops in 2k1 unless they were used for cosmetic reasons such as heads/bodies/etc, but not for economic reasons.

After thinking about it, If the cash shop was the only way to make money then it might work. So if you have to pay for a fishing rod and then could make money (for buying a hat) that way it might work. But still would the player have to buy every item or hat using their cash or how would you suggest that be set up?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:57 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Right which would be the worst thing for that kind of economy. Why would you spend time and money on that server if you could just buy your way to the top? It would defeat the purpose of Graal2001 as we remember it. The community was there because people were forced to play side by side making money. I made more friends on Graal2001 growing apple trees than any other way on Graal. So I would have to disagree with cash shops in 2k1 unless they were used for cosmetic reasons such as heads/bodies/etc, but not for economic reasons.

After thinking about it, If the cash shop was the only way to make money then it might work. So if you have to pay for a fishing rod and then could make money (for buying a hat) that way it might work. But still would the player have to buy every item or hat using their cash or how would you suggest that be set up?
Cash Shops are not something new. They've been implemented on so many free MMO's and it's because they work. They don't ruin the economy either because they're PART of the economy. In fact, Graal2001 would be the perfect server for a cash shop because of how much inventory matters. Having a cash shop doesn't mean players will suddenly just... not do anything. That's stupid, it just means they can skip the boring **** with a little money and spend their time doing something more fun.

Have you ever played a game with cash shops before? It wouldn't be the end of the world.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes I have, but I didn't participate with buying cash shop items. What I am saying is, Where would you draw the line on Graal2001? What would the player be able to buy at the cash shop that wouldn't be just as easy to get after spending a little time working?
By "worst kind of thing for that economy" would refer to where to draw the line from the player buying things to the player having to work for them?
It seems to me that this would be hard to do because their was only so much to buy from 2001 besides hats.

You act like Graal2001 had tons of material that the player could buy and participate in, but it really didn't. Hats, player houses, and bomys were really the only thing you bought that didn't help with a job to make money. (I might be forgetting something like dolls or fireworks, but even then there wasn't that much content.) Most of the content on 2001 was items based for jobs if I recall correctly.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Yes I have, but I didn't participate with buying cash shop items. What I am saying is, Where would you draw the line on Graal2001? What would the player be able to buy at the cash shop that wouldn't be just as easy to get after spending a little time working?
By "worst kind of thing for that economy" would refer to where to draw the line from the player buying things to the player having to work for them?
It seems to me that this would be hard to do because their was only so much to buy from 2001 besides hats.

You act like Graal2001 had tons of material that the player could buy and participate in, but it really didn't. Hats, player houses, and bomys were really the only thing you bought that didn't help with a job to make money. (I might be forgetting something like dolls or fireworks, but even then there wasn't that much content.) Most of the content on 2001 was items based for jobs if I recall correctly.
Yes, and what do you care if someone wants to spend all their money to have that stuff? It won't mess up the economy because... well, the stuff is purchasable via cash shop anyways so there will never be a finite amount(unless of course, the objects are only in the shop temporarily). In-game economy will reflect cash shop availability, just like it would reflect in-game availability. I don't see the problem.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Yes, and what do you care if someone wants to spend all their money to have that stuff? It won't mess up the economy because... well, the stuff is purchasable via cash shop anyways so there will never be a finite amount(unless of course, the objects are only in the shop temporarily). In-game economy will reflect cash shop availability, just like it would reflect in-game availability. I don't see the problem.
The player would run out of things to do/buy very quickly is what I am getting at. I get what you are saying and I understand how the cash shop would work, but have you ever just kept playing a game after you have everything there is to possibly have and used/played with it?
I'm saying yes, short term cash shop would work on 2k1, but so far, on graal, I haven't met a server or idea that isn't just short term.
I don't care if players spend their money to have everything they desire on the server, but if you don't draw the line, the server won't last.
Remember when Graal2001 was taken off classic? Just a bit before that there was a lot of talk of a server reset because lots of players had everything they could want and need and weren't spending a lot of time on the server. (this was even before Kingdoms because I like a lot of people abandoned 2k1 to play Kingdoms).
Sure, in the short term, players would buy everything and Eurocenter would make money, but I don't think these players would last nor would the cashflow.

Also, I'm not saying it shouldn't be a priority (partially because I was very fond of 2001), but it should be well thought out so it doesn't just burn out after a few months of being up.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I just think that Graal's standards need to be raised back up at least to a Graal2001 level by the year 2012. I mean, it's been ten years and have you played iPhone Classic? The standards are lower than twelve years ago.

When I played Graal2001, I was convinced beyond any doubt that Graal was moving in the most positive direction feasible. Now look at me.

I'm no longer convinced, to say the least.

It just appears clearly to me that everything other than Graal2001 in the history of Graal has been regress. I played Classic before then, and it was in the 1000+ player times. I bore witness to Old Main and all of the other servers on the list going quickly downhill even before Graal2001 existed.

Why do you think Graal2001 existed in the first place? There was an even more severe content quality issue in those days. Especially in the minds of Classic developers seeing their beautiful overworld being littered with a player house or guild house for everyone who wanted one.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
I'm wondering what ridiculous standards will be asked for to even participate in building the server back up, i'm hoping the move to facebook will draw lots of new and hopefully good developer interest for 2001 to get going again, adding in the idea of a cash shop that maybe player submitted ideas could be added to would bring more players into the server.

Make new foods to grow besides just apple trees, help a farmer NPC gather his crops up, and even different areas to grow a certain crop for yourself like corn, pumpkins, watermelons or any number of fruit trees like lemon, orange, pear, apple ect...

Use your imagination when building the server, but don't go overboard with dumb stuff, you wand a boat? Build it and script it to move only over water in certain directions, going overboard would be "I need to make it so you can go pearl diving off the boat, so i'll need to put an air taink on it that gives the player air for X ammount of time or he drowns blah blah blah, so i need stefan to make a V12 so i have the proper scripting to even begin"

And this teamwork thing people seem to have trouble with, it's a job, you don't take the position and say you just can't work with someone else because you just can't, that's a terrible excuse and should get you fired immediately. Any problems you may have had with a person on another server should be left on THAT server, don't bring the drama to your new job, it's like in real life, you leave your home problems at home.

These are only a few of the issues that stopped graal 2001 from getting anywhere in the past, i certainly hope for this server to get a much needed remake, new graphics, new sounds, same layout, and don't tell me "it can't be done" because atlantis staff AND classic staff are doing that this very instant.