Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 PM
(⌒▽⌒)
joel34 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Rares Raffled on GK (pv. Ok, now wtf)

Some player told me this to me:
So Tig gave away free rares a few months ago on raffle.

...Now Wtf, You do a rare item raffle. That's cool. Free inferno swords to new players that will just learn what the restart command does. I thought the problem of GK was the economy, It's not going to help by adding stuff to the game and then give them away like if it was a silver coin. There are players that work hard to get inferno swords or phoenix shields (If they didn't RWT,). And then you just give them away to players who did nothing but tell other players to level them up?

Seriously, I wanna go cast alchemy on all that **** you raffled away, It's what angers me.

What are you going to do next, Give away free RoWs?

And yes i know i'm going to get alot of hate for this and say: He didn't add items to the economy. And Tig is probably gonna lock this too and infraction me.

Just had to get that out of me.

See ya,
Joel

And no, i'm not asking for those stuff, I'd just cast alchemy on it.

And also, Next time you do it. Atleast announce so more players come to it. It's not worth hosting away rare items when there is 4-5 players around.

EDIT: So the same player said this to me: All of them were new players.. Well some. Like half of them. That's better than only high levels get items.

Last edited by joel34; 08-07-2010 at 10:16 AM..
Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
bawww
Old 08-06-2010, 10:31 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
How else do items like that get in GK's economy? They sure as hell don't create themselves without staff involvement.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:33 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
How else do items like that get in GK's economy? They sure as hell don't create themselves without staff involvement.
To be fair, the RoWs he's complaining about can be spawned in shops
Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
To be fair, the RoWs he's complaining about can be spawned in shops
GL with the lowered rate.

Apparently Tig doesn't care that you worked thousands of hours for items. He only cares that noobs worship him for free ****. I even stopped caring to ask him to restore me, **** I got hacked back in November (Graal's fault too?), waste of 1k hours @ GK for all of those thinking of trying it.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The fact that you even had to play/idle/chat for 1k hours to actually obtain something of such worth sounds deterring enough.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Meh. I see it as a way of rewarding activity. I've been on for all but two of Tigs raffles, and that's because i stay active. He doesn't walk around and HAND BDA's to new players, he just raffles them. Anyone could win. Items do have to get into the economy..

the only thing that would bother me with the raffle situation, is when few of a kind items are given out, or they're done at crazy times at night.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
The raffles aren't all bad. I just think Tig's going about item distribution all wrong. The rare raffles are always random and unannounced. This doesn't publicize GK, which is what we need for a steady playercount. It also shouldn't be the only item distribution resource used. We have an Events Team and many events, use them. We also have an events coin shop which could be expanded a lot more so that players don't ask "Hey, where do you get that?" and are answered by "Only by trading another player" 90% of the time. What if they just had to trade up and collect enough event coins to get what they needed? Like a pair of RoW's, a Phoenix Shield, Baker Boots, Dex Bracer, or Girdle of Fighting?

The point is we know that content isn't coming anytime soon at all, so why don't we utilize what we do have to fill the voids that we can. This wouldn't fix issues like combat balancing or boredom, but it will solve a problem that everyone has hated for a long time - item attainability. That's what Tig's raffles look to be trying to do, but in the wrong way.

With time, content will come, but we can't go on like this in the meantime, it will only kill any chance of recovery/progress we have.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
There's nothing wrong with the raffles. If joel34 was the one who won the Inferno Sword this thread wouldn't exist.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:12 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
There needs to be recognized tiers for rare/useful item distribution in events.

Ice shields, cowboy hats, ac bracers , single rings (strife, halloween) and the like need to be in unannounced events and random raffles.

Higher tier, more sought after items like the inferno/elemental swords, and items with semi/unremarkable stats like Archers and dual RoSs/single RoWs, and EC shop items need to be awarded only from stat based events with some sort of announcements at least a few days ahead. Spars, monster dungeons, and battle events.

Top tier items like dual RoWs, rare items with multiple (useful) stat buffs, and once "one of a kind"/new one of kind items should only be given out during events with an early announcement and some advertisement. These events are either time consuming multi-part RP events (with multiple competitions involving RP, ships, and pvp/e) as well as tourney style spars. These events also need rewards for people other than first place.

Items from higher tiers should only be put in raffles during exceptionally high playercounts, with strings attached such as "it will be deleted if you don't play for X amount of time afterward" and only one ticket per person.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel34 View Post
You do a rare item raffle.
Joel34, you have a legitimate reason to be upset as a hard-working player who has spent hours of time trying to earn your items. However, it's important to realize that all of those items you've spent many hours working for, were actually put into the economy by this method: events. They have never dropped off of monsters, and only a handful of them have been holiday items.

Many people complain (wow big surprise) when someone with a lot of items gets banned because "so many items are lost out of the economy." They're not, because we slowly add them back in through these types of raffles and other events.

It's important to look at these things from a different perspective, and not just "I didn't win anything."

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
They have never dropped off of monsters
That's laughable, since nothing item-wise drops from monsters.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
since nothing item-wise drops from monsters.
Which is almost exactly what I just said.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Many people complain (wow big surprise) when someone with a lot of items gets banned because "so many items are lost out of the economy." They're not, because we slowly add them back in through these types of raffles and other events.
Readding them through no-loss events does not fix the economy, and in fact makes it that much worse by letting somebody profit without sacrificing anything in return.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:17 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Readding them through no-loss events does not fix the economy, and in fact makes it that much worse by letting somebody profit without sacrificing anything in return.
I am currently working on finding the man-power to fix these problems more effectively. However, I think releasing some rare items every now and then is a nice treat for the players. Whether or not you feel the same, well... to each his own.