Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Why peoples say Noctorious is a Era clone:
AEON could be a clone of Unholy Nations too but it isn't? and its in hosted.
and noctorious is not an Era clone so
Old 02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
"HELP, I'VE BEEN ROBED, i dont know what to say", "Fishing totorial". are two examples. Robbed should have 2 b's and tutorial only has one o and should have a u.
Haha, When you are robbed you are also not 100% by mind :P Maybe this guy was just confused!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
* Servers should not steal content or ideas from other servers.

I still don't see why people think their own personal modern server is better than Era. Noctorius, Atrius, Olan, Utopia, all of them, are basically the same thing with small differences (levels not included, but there's so many variations of inside modern levels, that thiers probably multitudes of duplicates across the servers)

If you wanna make a modern server, make it a LOT different; more based on war, a different theme (destroyed city...huge city with tons of houses right next to each other, steampunk, anything). But, the collect seashells, collect recycle, sell it, buy gun, shoot person in a city theme, is done already.
I can only agree with you here, Aeko.

But anyway, congratulations Noctorious.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

I still don't see why people think their own personal modern server is better than Era. Noctorius, Atrius, Olan, Utopia, all of them, are basically the same thing with small differences (levels not included, but there's so many variations of inside modern levels, that thiers probably multitudes of duplicates across the servers)

If you wanna make a modern server, make it a LOT different; more based on war, a different theme (destroyed city...huge city with tons of houses right next to each other, steampunk, anything). But, the collect seashells, collect recycle, sell it, buy gun, shoot person in a city theme, is done already.
I have a nice idea for a modern server, but its more of a Graalian adaption of PlanetSide. Of course its not really my idea, but I think it would be fun.

I made a blog post about it since I was going to post it here but it was getting far too long.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

I think the majority of people are content with just having a server online (even if it's not on the public/visible list). Or, they are happy to have it on hosted still. That's an appeal of Graal, being able to make things and play in them. I don't think the majority of people realistically expect to get their content on the classic list as it hasn't happened in a long time so I assume these people out there aren't expecting it any time soon either.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Scripter
Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Not impressed, how did you manage to glitch the server even more?

The tutorial is so broken, I had to reconnect two times just to finish it. Also, melee doesn't work even work properly.

The quality of player worlds and expectations for hosted servers sure are going down.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
why is this server back on hosteedd.......... no one wanted to play it before and no one wants to play it again.. these servers are dieing and noctoirus is so boring
Old 02-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
why is this server back on hosteedd.......... no one wanted to play it before and no one wants to play it again.. these servers are dieing and noctoirus is so boring
You couldn't even spell the name of the server..
Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
Actually, You don't seem to know what you are talking about. We had a time that we had a every nice playercount with more than 30 Players, So you are already wrong at that part.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:

I've still yet to see the difference in Classic Servers. The entire basis and ideas seem to mimic eachother. I've yet to find a vast distinction between Unholy Nation and N-Pulse. Wouldn't you call those clones of the original Graal Classic? Only distinction I've seen is different "perky"NPCs, and events. Which I think Noctorious already has to differentiate from Era.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
I don't think the majority of people realistically expect to get their content on the classic list as it hasn't happened in a long time so I assume these people out there aren't expecting it any time soon either.
That's a pretty big downer don't you think?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
That's a pretty big downer don't you think?
Perhaps, but that's probably the case. It takes time to develop a world, and even more time to do it well absent having a moderately elite team. Add to that the fact that the majority of talented devs have ego issues (presumably because their real life successes do not parallel their online ones) and you have a recipe for stagnation.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Perhaps, but that's probably the case. It takes time to develop a world, and even more time to do it well absent having a moderately elite team. Add to that the fact that the majority of talented devs have ego issues (presumably because their real life successes do not parallel their online ones) and you have a recipe for stagnation.

I maintain that the large number of playerworlds versus the number of available developers plays a large part in the lack of success.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
I maintain that the large number of playerworlds versus the number of available developers plays a large part in the lack of success.
Without a doubt that has to be true. Add your statement to my previous one and we've got it down to basic facts.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:49 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
limitations can help produce creativity