Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 06:13 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What?
I always figured that was UN giving external windows a go without actually doing it properly then being lazy and not fixing it or at least making it internal again. Bad on UN that they didn't test it in a separate weapon.

That said, I know coordinates differ internally that externally as I always had to do a a (isexternal ? x : x) for positions
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I always figured that was UN giving external windows a go without actually doing it properly then being lazy and not fixing it or at least making it internal again. Bad on UN that they didn't test it in a separate weapon.

That said, I know coordinates differ internally that externally as I always had to do a a (isexternal ? x : x) for positions
For a problem that has nothing to do with external windows, you sure mention external windows a lot.

Yes, bad on UN (The entire server and its staff, players, and affiliates) and not the one guy who has anything to do with the forums, who barely has enough time to log on to Graal in the first place let alone troubleshoot problems on a half-baked nothing-freaking-works-yet client. That's me. After all -- "fixing" a problem that only exists on a grossly unfinished client in closed beta is a great investment in time because it'll be 100% the same when it's public, right?

Obviously, portions of the script (Particularly the ones that deal with GUI controls) were done incorrectly because they, despite having worked for several years, do not exhibit identical behavior on a client with more bugs than the rich soil horizons of the Amazon.

Bonus: I couldn't even troubleshoot it if I wanted to. The PCID system is so broken that I wouldn't be able to log on to the beta client if I were so audacious as to restart my system.

Why yes, I'm bitter about the whole Graal thing at the moment. How could you tell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Seems to be a problem of the script, like using fixed font size for calculation of the text.
It's because GuiMLTextCtrl.height is returning 0, which works fine on v5

Last edited by _Zelph; 09-06-2010 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 09:59 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zelph View Post
Yes, bad on UN (The entire server and its staff, players, and affiliates) and not the one guy who has anything to do with the forums, who barely has enough time to log on to Graal in the first place let alone troubleshoot problems on a half-baked nothing-freaking-works-yet client. That's me. After all -- "fixing" a problem that only exists on a grossly unfinished client in closed beta is a great investment in time because it'll be 100% the same when it's public, right?
Are you really this stupid? I have no idea about the staff structure of UN. I have no idea how many NATs work there. I have no idea how many are involved in any script. I have no idea who you are. Given this, I can only make the only generalization I know: the SCRIPT IS ON UN. This might sound crazy but what is publically shown on UN is a representation of the entity which is UN. I don't think about individualism when it comes to servers. Don't ***** to me, thinking I know the state of every staff member and their relevant project on UN. Also, if you really thought I was blaming the players of UN for this then you have some extreme bitterness which is blinding you something fierce. More likely you were just being a self-righteous ****.

My thoughts are simple: if trying out external windows, perhaps create a separate testing script so can leave the original intact. It seems somewhat logical to me that you don't add scripts you are testing/developing to every single player. The beta is closed for now, yes, but if the beta goes public with the same apparent issue?

I haven't had issues with GUIs moving from v5 to v6 except when external windows were involved. The forums are being drawn externally and have been for a long time. An assumption was made. Your sarcasm does you no favors here.

Quote:
It's because GuiMLTextCtrl.height is returning 0, which works fine on v5
Why have you never mentioned this until now?

Last edited by Twinny; 09-06-2010 at 10:18 AM..
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Are you really this stupid? I have no idea about the staff structure of UN. I have no idea (...).
Look. I was being facetious there. That's my fault, although I tried to be over the top.

I was just playing on the fact that you, while making it clear that you didn't have a clue regarding the circumstances of the bug or who was involved with it, still had no problem in not only diagnosing it but calling people lazy too. This hapless finger-pointing irks me to no end and has gotten me screwed over more than once in "real life". You could have just said "I think it's a problem with external windows" instead of making a black sheep.

Quote:
My thoughts are simple: if trying out external windows, perhaps create a separate testing script so can leave the original intact. It seems somewhat logical to me that you don't add scripts you are testing/developing to every single player. The beta is closed for now, yes, but if the beta goes public with the same apparent issue?
My thoughts are also simple. The v6 beta is the "separate testing script" and v5 is the "intact original". A 30+ page thread full of bug reports, half of which seem GUI-related, are why I won't have any qualms about the forums looking bad in a situation where people expect things not to work right in the first place. The forum script is not in testing and whether it's "under development" or not is subject to interpretation. The fact is that if v6 were functioning properly (defined by the behavior of GUI controls for the past numerous years), then the forums would look fine. The placement of all GUIs is external-agnostic in the sense that they all use client-relative placement.

If v6 is about to be rolled out and a tweak has to be made for them to look good, then fine. However, it'll be the developers who lose in that situation because they now have to retrofit their scripts to accommodate a bug in the new client that didn't exist before.

Quote:
Why have you never mentioned this until now?
Did I miss a deadline or something? I think I'm less active here than you think.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
However, it'll be the developers who lose in that situation because they now have to retrofit their scripts to accommodate a bug in the new client that didn't exist before.
The font size has always been like that on Linux, Mac and Windows OpenGL mode...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i would like to ask about any planned changes to v6's playerlist...because most people use the old external one and not the internal which we will all be forced to use on v6. reason i ask is because the majority of the actual playbase will feel alienated by this new forced playerlist that they didnt want to use before.

Quote:
The font size has always been like that on Linux, Mac and Windows OpenGL mode...
eh, which makes up for a vast minority of overall users.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
OpenGL mode isn't even playable for me, I can't even test it.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 09-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
What does that have to do with GuiMLTextCtrl.height returning 0 when it's not supposed to be? (Serious question)
Old 09-06-2010, 10:55 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Player profiles MLText (well pretty much all of them) controls like to mess up when the quotes are too long. The text should automatically reflow (or whatever resizing does that fixes it) when it's changed anyway.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
i would like to ask about any planned changes to v6's playerlist...because most people use the old external one and not the internal which we will all be forced to use on v6. reason i ask is because the majority of the actual playbase will feel alienated by this new forced playerlist that they didnt want to use before.
Well, considering you have access to the v6 beta you know how it is currently working. Right now (aside from windows opening at bad x/y) it's working basically how the regular playerlist is working. I don't see the problems?

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-06-2010, 11:22 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Double-clicking the tabs on the playerlist seems to open PMs, kind of annoying imo.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Well, considering you have access to the v6 beta you know how it is currently working. Right now (aside from windows opening at bad x/y) it's working basically how the regular playerlist is working. I don't see the problems?
I'm asking if there are any changes planned to the playerlist that's on the v6 client.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Bug: You can't receive tile data from any layers above 0, see here for example:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134260466

Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Who all is in the private beta for V6?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:22 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I'm asking if there are any changes planned to the playerlist that's on the v6 client.
We're pretty limited with what we can do to the playerlist since PM windows, for the most part, are not really editable. So there isn't really much else we can do to make it much better.

Tags
graal v6, windows