Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Penalty for dying

Currently you lose money and items depending on your level. The idea is to change it, and make it so that you lose your readied weapon instead, and make reading of weapons and putting it back into the bag quite slow (5-10 seconds). So when you pull out your sword or axe you show that you want to fight and might lose it if you die. On the other hand when you are peaceful and don't use weapons you wouldn't need to fear to lose stuff.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Cerebrate
Neoreno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neoreno
Eh..I don't particularly like that idea.

Quote:
Exitus Acta Probat: The Outcome Justifies the Deed.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:13 PM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Re: Penalty for dying

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Currently you lose money and items depending on your level. The idea is to change it, and make it so that you lose your readied weapon instead, and make reading of weapons and putting it back into the bag quite slow (5-10 seconds). So when you pull out your sword or axe you show that you want to fight and might lose it if you die. On the other hand when you are peaceful and don't use weapons you wouldn't need to fear to lose stuff.
That would annoy so many people, considering they spend 10k-ish on a weapon, so if they die they just lost alot of money rather than less 200 plat. I don't mind the idea being implemented (because I don't use weapons, go brigid! ), alot of people would protest, but it may cut down on the number of PKers around. Also would that mean if you had a wand equipped you would lose that? If yes, then the cure is carrying around a cheap wand, if not, then you're fine. Myself, I would sell any weapons from PKers, I don't care if they hate me for it, it would be their fault from attempting to kill me (although if it's really good I may use it as an animated weapon )

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 05-20-2003, 10:39 PM
-Albus will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Albus
The penalty you should get for dying should stay as is, and possibly add a chance of stat loss. To get your stats back you should have to pay a healer in town.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Losing the weapon you use would (sorry) suck IMHO - you spend all your money on a wespon, improve it, get it blessed to whoever +4, then go battle, enter the dungeon, hunt down a lord, kill him in a fierce battle, then some Newbie comes, casts lightning or whatever and kills you as you're at low HP and takes your weapon. I agree with the others that I'd rather lose 200 plats than lose a weapon...
Longer equipment times wouldn't hurt though.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 05-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
I think it shoud be temporary level loss that can be restored by waiting a really long time or using a potion of life... or praying

Example... Jumbo Jim, a Priest, dies at level 20 to three bosses that just happen to be there to team up on him... he loses 1/4 exp equilivent in levels temporary... he decides to wait for it and waits 3x his level in minutes... 60 minutes/1 hour... after the hour... somehow the monster that killed him returns and kills him again... instead of stacking on level loss... it adds 1.5x the origional level in minutes to how long he must wait... in this case... 30 minutes... he gets sick of waiting outside because of the dangers and waits inside for the rest of the boring time... after the time is up... he regains the levels lost and is returned to his maximum potential... he then walks outside and gets PKed by Capt. Crunch and dies again... but because he was PKed instead of being killed by a monster... he only has to wait half the time as opposed to being killed by monster... after PKed and only being PKed... he gets 3 seconds of temporary invulnerability... he then gets stalked by a group of "cereal killers" and gets PKed like mad... but it doesn't add to the time he must wait to be restored... his g/f Venilde somehow kills them all the PKers and then traps Jim on a bed... he is restored 2x faster and they run off happy and whatever.

Review:
All deaths have 1/4 exp equiv loss in levels...
Killed by monster: (level x 3) in minutes
Each additional death until restored: +(level x 1.5) in minutes

Killed by player(PvP non-arena): (level x 1.5) in minutes
Each additional PvP death until restored: None.

Resting in bed: 2x faster restore
Sitting(including /sit): 1.5 faster restore
Resting in bed in a player built house: 3x faster restore
Drinking potion of life: Instant restore
Praying: Varies
Swimming: Pauses the timer
Poison, Disease, Confusion, Slow, etc.: 3x SLOWER restore

Just my few sudgestions from myself =)
Old 05-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Elite Sheep
That sounds better - costs less money. And maybe you should make it so that deaths suffered from rabbits, mushrooms bomys and potatos don't cound, as you'd either have to be very weak or very stupid to get killed by one of those.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterNuke
stuff
I agree with the waiting thing, but i think if you use /sleep it should recover faster, and be an instant restore if someone casts restoration on you

Quote:
Old 05-21-2003, 05:38 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I still want the dead corpses added when you die so you can:
a) as a ghost find your corpse where you died.
b) someone can use ressurection and bring you back from the dead.

No more losing any items or money. =/
This would be better for rping anyway.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:23 AM
Banned
Wonderboy_13 is on a distinguished road
Stefan the penatly for dying should be:

1. partial money loss
2. you get the Death Penalty, death penalty would be in %, lets say I die, I would get 1% death penalty max is 5%, the 1% would make u lose 1 stat of each statistic, but not permanent, it would make you gain 500 exp to lose 1% so when u earn all ur % back to 0 by gaining the exact ammount of EXP that it says
for the max of 15% it wold be like 5,000XP depending on level

3. the item your wielding, if its prepared then you cant drop it, only unprepared weapons would be lost.

and thats all

prepared weapons should not fall...
Old 05-21-2003, 06:49 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
I like the idea of applying the penalties only if the person is wielding his/her weapon at the time, but:

1) What about pickaxes etc? Tools and weapons - do they count? Probably shouldn't - who'd fight with a pickaxe anyway?

2) I don't think that losing the weapon is the way to go, since people put so much effort into improving them. But there should definitely be some penalty. Perhaps one based around time? The player needs to recover their corpse to get their items back (they could still be in the inventory, but flagged as hidden until the corpse has been recovered or a certain period of time has passed - that way they don't lose their stuff if the corpse NPC dies).

3) Perhaps instead of making sheathing/unsheathing take large amounts of time, it could work like this: The player can draw their weapon instantly, as is currently the case. However, he/she can only sheathe it if they have not used it in the last twenty seconds. This way they can't quickly opt out of fights (they must run and not fight for at least twenty seconds), but it doesn't inconvenience those who aren't engaging in PvP fighting.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
I like the idea of applying the penalties only if the person is wielding his/her weapon at the time, but:

Quote:
1) What about pickaxes etc? Tools and weapons - do they count? Probably shouldn't - who'd fight with a pickaxe anyway?
I would, if it was blessed and prepared.. can it be prepared anymore? Dunno, but it would work since its the only weapon-like thing i can use

Quote:
2) I don't think that losing the weapon is the way to go, since people put so much effort into improving them. But there should definitely be some penalty.
how about you can't use that weapon for 10 minutes? same effect, no weapon loss.

Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
I still want the dead corpses added when you die so you can:
a) as a ghost find your corpse where you died.
b) someone can use ressurection and bring you back from the dead.

No more losing any items or money. =/
This would be better for rping anyway.
This would be a good idea if RESURECTION DIDN'T REQUIRE 150 GRACE!!!! Stefan, change some of the grace values needed to get medium and high spells/artifacts, 150 is just obsurd.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
So wait, are you saying you go in and out of peaceful mode based on whether your weapon is weilded or not? If that's not what you're saying, the idea would totally not be good.

If there would still be the same battle mode peaceful mode thing, people that are sitting down with their weapon put away, could get attacked. They would have no choice but to fight or run, and usually the person is fast or faster than you so running isn't an option. You just let them beat you? I think that would be pretty annoying. I think the death thing is okay as it is right now, although I think you should make penalties on the killers, instead of those being killed.

All you're doing by making the money loss thing and all these penalties for death, is encouraging playerkilling. If it becomes even more annoying to be killed, pkers will find pure joy in doing it as often as they can.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 05-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I like one thing now that you explained it Koni; however, not as you see it. I think the peaceful/battle mode could be changed like that. So in order to attack (draw your weapon or staff), you must be on battle mode. When you unequip your weapon or staff, you go on peaceful mode. It's a nice idea, but then comes the issue of players abusing it. :o

Mabey you can make a few tweaks in the system to change this around, such as:

When the player is attacked by someone, (if on battle mode) he will have to stay on battle mode until he dies, or unless he flees for 20 seconds or more, (meaning he musn't get hit again in 20 seconds) that would be an almost sure way of stoping the abuse.

About the grace stuff, how medium and high, it should be changed soon, after all the artifact weapons are completed, and alchemy is finished. Then low would be 50(100 at alter), medium 75(150 at alter), and high 100(200 at alter).

The reason it is so high on the mudlib is because the game that uses this mudlib made it easy to obtain weapons and level up.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Elite Sheep
I don't like the idea that you're in battlemode whenever you use a weapon - imagine you kill bomys for fun or exp, and someone high-leveled runs by, slashes at you twice and you're dead - no chance to run. I wouldn't touch the system as it is...

Quote: