Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Gangs & Gang Points

A few adjustments recently
  • The gang points system has been rewritten. The points now reliably reset each week. You also no longer lose points when dying.
  • Each week the top 5 players with the most gang points (regardless of their gang) receive 5 EC and will have access to certain bonuses, which still need to be decided.
  • Each week, all members of the winning gang receive 5 EC as well as benefits throughout the week, which still need to be decided.
  • You can now view the gang points of anyone by saying "/points account". You can also view the gang point totals as well as the time until the next reset by grabbing the sign at unstick me or pressing "=" in-game.

Gangs will be able to gain points not only through killing others but also through gang events. Eventually it will also be possible to gain points by taking the opposing gang's base.

My main question to the community is what kind of incentives should be given for being in (1) the top 5 individual gang players and (2) the top gang?

My ideas right now are:
  • Winning gang: faster heal in beds in their gang base, extra gun rack slot, increased base door health, gang gun bonuses
  • Individual top 5: Extra gun rack slot (only usable by someone in top 5), increased max HP, increased healing time, increase revival HP (instead of 40, 60 or so) (note that not all of these would be for all 5 -- they would only be for certain steps; the top player would not have all of these, either)

Feedback is greatly needed.

The previous week, Black Holst won with 960 points. If you were in the top 5 individuals or were in Black Holst, you've also received a mail message to let you know.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Option to toggle on/off the scoreboard when pressing the '=' button. Gets annoying, next to the - button which is used to drop max. THIS R MY SUGGESTION.

Also, Medals or some trophies like in the Sparring system for earning certain points, etc.? I'm not in a gang but, I wouldn't want to just keep gaining points that get reset with nothing in return I want a little image next to my name, a shiny star...

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT

Last edited by Dragon551; 05-23-2010 at 08:58 AM..
Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Cool ideas.

But I think 5 ECs sounds way too much. I kinda like what Alfonso said, getting a medal or something.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:24 PM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the prizes, I like the bonus ideas, and I like the point system...seems like alot of people have been talking about doing this for years. Someone finally did it, hooray!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You should call it Street Cred instead of Gang Points.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
But I think 5 ECs sounds way too much.
They already have unlimited cookies
Old 05-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Does it matter how long you have been in the gang for the prizes? What if a recruiter in the top gang sees that the points are about to be reset, adds a bunch of people, lets them get the ECs, and then removes them? Free ECs for people who didn't earn them.

You should have to be in the gang for a week to get the weekly prize. Or at least 3 days or something.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Does it matter how long you have been in the gang for the prizes? What if a recruiter in the top gang sees that the points are about to be reset, adds a bunch of people, lets them get the ECs, and then removes them? Free ECs for people who didn't earn them.

You should have to be in the gang for a week to get the weekly prize. Or at least 3 days or something.
This is a good idea, I'll add this for the next reset.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM
handsome
Catbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past
OOH YES LET'S ADD PRIZES FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DO **** ALL AND PLAY ERA THREE TIMES A WEEK JUST TO PK EVERYONE LOOLOLO

because our economy is already great
Old 05-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
because our economy is already great
Maybe we should nerf mining... hrm
Old 05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
JUST TO PK EVERYONE LOOLOLO
Is Era not a PK-based server? I understand you prefer the economical aspect, but seriously, this is Era.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 PM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
economy is probably to broke to fix, methinks reset.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Perhaps instead of time in the gang it should be by whether or not you participated (or both). A person with 0 kills that week should not get the weekly prize, either.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Perhaps instead of time in the gang it should be by whether or not you participated (or both). A person with 0 kills that week should not get the weekly prize, either.
or really less than 20 kills. An active player can get 20+ kills pretty easy i'd imagine.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Participation is more logical than time-spent. Since some members don't even log on. Out of curiosity, whats the thought process in not losing points due to dying? Pretty naive to think it prevents running or lessen it. Players run / will run to prevent opposing gang members from gaining points. Just makes you lose 2 less points from dying and opposition gain 2 less (since its cut down to 1 per kill). Another pointless change, I 'spose?
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11