Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Burning6Church6 View Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Completely ignored my question there.
If I could even remember who was on the GDT team back then I may be able to give you a list of names. Sadly I don't and my post was all related to your statement of them "abandoning projects". If they don't go on board with a project that requests their help in the first place how could they abandon said project?

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Burning6Church6 View Post
If I could even remember who was on the GDT team back then I may be able to give you a list of names. Sadly I don't and my post was all related to your statement of them "abandoning projects". If they don't go on board with a project that requests their help in the first place how could they abandon said project?
Considering your posts were giving me the vibe that you work for N-Pulse, and that you had asked for help but didn't receive anything. I was trying to find out who's abandoning projects.

You also seem to be confusing the old GST with the new GDT, we don't get **** all for rights other than a sub-forum on here.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 AM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
So do you have incompetent staff or what? I don't see why you're shifting the blame onto the 'lack of GDT' help.
If we don't tolerate lazy staff why would we tolerate incompetent staff? The developers we have had over the past few months were great, but conflicts with their lives arose and they would have to quit. GDT help has been requested and the only one that has come to contribute, besides the GDT members that already work on N-Pulse, was Soala. We could only get so far without getting the help we really needed, which was with scripting. People join GDT to get the cool global tag, but when it comes down to it very few of them are willing to go out and help those that actually need it. Most just help out their friends server and throw on the GDT tag to look cool.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:57 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
If we don't tolerate lazy staff why would we tolerate incompetent staff? The developers we have had over the past few months were great, but conflicts with their lives arose and they would have to quit. GDT help has been requested and the only one that has come to contribute, besides the GDT members that already work on N-Pulse, was Soala. We could only get so far without getting the help we really needed, which was with scripting. People join GDT to get the cool global tag, but when it comes down to it very few of them are willing to go out and help those that actually need it. Most just help out their friends server and throw on the GDT tag to look cool.
Who did you ask, and how?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Considering your posts were giving me the vibe that you work for N-Pulse, and that you had asked for help but didn't receive anything. I was trying to find out who's abandoning projects.

You also seem to be confusing the old GST with the new GDT, we don't get **** all for rights other than a sub-forum on here.
Nah, I actually hate N-Pulse, but am defending them the same way I'd defend Delteria. And yeah, it was just brought to my attention in another thread that the GDT don't have global RC's like the GST used to get. That's something Stefan needs to address as I don't see how the GDT can properly do their job without having RC access to at least the Classic servers.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
So do you have incompetent staff or what? I don't see why you're shifting the blame onto the 'lack of GDT' help.
I really don't mean to put any blame on them, but when your expectations are set to something, and receive nothing they become a part of our problem. Not much, but still something.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Nobody on the N-Pulse staff team knows how to turn levels into a GMAP?
You guys need more help than the GDT can provide.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
hmm, if you want I can probably design a level generator which would copy all the levels and scripts over to a new overworld?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
Delete N-Pulse, delete years of life wasted.

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 07-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
This sounds an awful lot like Babylon and Delteria.

I'm not gonna pretend like I've read any of the replies in this thread because I'm willing to bet theres like 6 different arguments going on and I'd be willing to bet Delteria was brought up, mostly cause I see Chance is in this thread, but alas..

3 years ago when N-Pulse started to suck more than it already sucked and progress had been halted, this question would be a no-brainer to leave them on the list and let them try to work their stuff out. At this point, I think it's time the PWA or whoever is in charge take the steps that they did with Babylon and Delteria.

As it is, N-Pulse is a server that can be developed without developers needing any Gold time, purely because they were on the classic list. As I understand it, while you're on the classic list, you don't need to make payments for your server. At least that's how it used to be. (I could be wrong on this, Matt feel free to correct me if I am)

This is just unfair to other servers. 2-3 years of no-progress, cancelled or changed plans, management changes, etc, they've gone down the same path Delteria and Babylon did and they should be treated the same. Give them another 2-3 months to make positive improvements, otherwise shut down then restart the server on the UC list so they aren't getting a free ride anymore.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
wat about atlantis guise
Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
wat about atlantis guise
It's really hard to say considering you can't understand anything on the server if you do not speak said language. It was taken down for it being in our current condition for longer than any of the servers mentioned for longer.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
People seem to think that you can just "request the help of GDT" and they'll send x amount of members over to your server to help you. Wrong. You need to contact the members induvidually asking them for help.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
People seem to think that you can just "request the help of GDT" and they'll send x amount of members over to your server to help you. Wrong. You need to contact the members individually asking them for help.
If I didn't fix that I would go nuts..

Anyways, I agree with the fact that you shouldn't expect a swarm of developers to come to your aid on whim, But at the same time I think they should make it more... knowledgeable that they even exist for I didn't even know they existed until I got on graal forums, let alone who's in it.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Closed Thread