Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:54 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
point one
Point one covers nothing, because Bell said it's not up to us. Just because your fantasy world has players and PWA in harmony doesn't mean Bell didn't just contradict you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I never actually said you couldn't debate it, I just said that the forum public wouldn't be deciding the fate of NPulse.
In other words, we're allowed to fight amongst ourselves, but what we say has no bearing on the decision. In her own words, she's being very blunt here.

Other than that, the rest of your post just sounds like you nit-picking and being a generally difficult person. It actually seems like you have some elitist high-and-mighty position, but that would be just silly! When has Graal been known to produce people who get weird egos after being a minor authority position for a long time? If that were the case, we'd have terrible forum management and next to unseen administration who make bad PR decisions!

Quote:
*"Classic accounts" ultimately should never have existed. But again, point one covers ALL people equally, same principal applies to the groups of people within the greater community.
lolwhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I'll give you mediocre development but Zodiac doesn't have "silly staff circles" or "constantly rotating management".
That was mostly at UN, who've fired a couple LATs for really bizarre reasons and has had more managers than spar tourneys in the last few months

Last edited by kia345; 07-29-2010 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: needed some flow
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Did like a month or two ago.
I guess that's why I walked out of the start area the other day, saw snow tiles, walked a bit to the east, saw normal tiles, and then finally walked back to north of the start area and saw another variation of normal tiles.

EDIT: This took me less than 5 minutes to find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Your facts..? You are more like a bandwagon nobody with N-Pulse facts. Because clearly circular logic will make you right eventually with your "facts".
Take it from me then, someone who has never played N-Pulse and never had anything against it. I tried N-Pulse a couple of weeks ago, liked it quite a bit, walked around the overworld and everything started breaking and then I couldn't fix it without relogging. While relogging did fix it, I couldn't access half the overworld since it would just break as soon as I tried going there.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I guess that's why I walked out of the start area the other day, saw snow tiles, walked a bit to the east, saw normal tiles, and then finally walked back to north of the start area and saw another variation of normal tiles.
Since it did add tiledefs for each individual level, tiledefsZodiac.txt would need to be deleted for things to work properly again, I've had no complaints from players about it though.

Edit: It should fix itself completely now.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-29-2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I really don't feel like reading everything in this thread, but in my opinion, an incomplete or unplayable server should not be on the server list. (having a steady player-count of zero falls into the "unplayable" category)

Although if it is removed from the list, it should remain classic-enabled so that the staff can continue to work on it.
This is what it boils down to. Nothing else matters.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:36 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
I saw something about how it should be removed due to making the game look unprofessional and barren/empty/missing players/whatever.

I just opened Graal Server List and this is what I saw.

How dare n-pulse sit there making Graal look bad, shame on them
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't believe that you are not aware of the issues, considering it took the grand total of 5 minutes for my map to break and it has been like this for years.

Was that so hard? Yes I am aware of this issue and we have been trying to come up with a solution on how to fix this, but haven't had any luck yet obviously. We have asked Tig to come on and help fix it, seeing as he was the one who converted everything over to gmap and reuploaded everything after it was done, but only answers we get out of him is "Consider it a learning experience for N-Pulse.". So we are supposed to know how to fix something when none of us have extensive Gmap troubleshooting experience, and the GDT who are supposed to be here to help servers just give smartass answers, are supposed to magicly get everything fixed? If any of you know how to fix this error or have an idea on something that might work, please feel free to contact me in game or send me a message on the Forums.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
Was that so hard? Yes I am aware of this issue and we have been trying to come up with a solution on how to fix this, but haven't had any luck yet obviously. We have asked Tig to come on and help fix it, seeing as he was the one who converted everything over to gmap and reuploaded everything after it was done, but only answers we get out of him is "Consider it a learning experience for N-Pulse.". So we are supposed to know how to fix something when none of us have extensive Gmap troubleshooting experience, and the GDT who are supposed to be here to help servers just give smartass answers, are supposed to magicly get everything fixed? If any of you know how to fix this error or have an idea on something that might work, please feel free to contact me in game or send me a message on the Forums.
Redo the GMAP. Make it what you want it to be for your next project. Stick to that GMAP and you won't need many level designers.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:18 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
Well, in all fairness, the reason I forced the map over to a gmap is because when v6 comes out, those text maps aren't supported. I wanted to give you guys plenty of time to prepare for v6 by converting your map to a gmap early. The only reason I actually converted it myself is because no other staff member knew how to do it.

Most of the problems you're experiencing can be fixed with some things as simple as LATs editing levels, and others (like npcs) are just as simple as an x/y offset.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There's no case of double standards when the promise for redemption within both situations differs. Rebirth had more promise for redemption on main than the dev server's existence for Delteria. Simply existing is one thing, moving along the path to redeem the server and showing that progress is being made makes all the difference to buying time. As I have already mentioned before, I am not making any promises about undiscussed topics, but with the fall of Rebirth the chances are high for doing what you're stating - Removing it for the same reason Delteria was.

If you didn't get that from the beginning, perhaps you will now.

You know, you're right. You haven't really said anything negative about Delteria and I apologize. As Cloven said I kinda have tunnel vision when it comes to Delt, and while reading the thread for the first time I saw so much of pojo's posts defending Delteria that I kinda misread this as something worse than it was. Although I don't see how Rebirth was more promising than Delt Dev, this really isn't that slanderous. I do think you should check your facts before making such statements though, being that if you saw progress on Delteria you'd probably pull a 180 on these views.

Now off to more rambling!!! I remember when Bell had told Delteria they were in danger of being taken off of the hosted tab, at this time they had already begun rescripting the levels on the classic server and even started hosting weekly events again. Maintaining the live server seems to be what is required of you to keep from being taken off of classic, yet this is something NPulse isn't doing and Delteria was making an attempt to do, yet you somehow flip your views around to make it seem as though NPulse is fine not doing this and Delteria doing this would have had no impact on them being taken down or not. It's very confusing imho and I think you should clarify whether yo are or aren't requiring Classic servers to maintain their live server while performing heavy construction on a Dev server. Again, I don't disagree with you saying N-Pulse should remain Classic, however, I think if you are to continue arguing with people you need a clear set of standards and not a set of rules that changes depending on who is talking about said rules and who the target of the conversation is. Your enforcement seems very circumstantial to me.

I'm trying not to digress here, but as I said I have wall of text syndrom so bear with me. Maintaining the live server actually took away from time that the developers were spending on making the new server which is why, as stated earlier, Delteria requested themselves be taken off of the classic tab as they didn't have time to maintain the live server and still develop the new server. I honestly think this is where the GDT is needed most. It's already too late to revive the old Delteria Gmap at this point, however N-Pulse still has a chance if they get some help. I don't know what the GDT is doing with their time, but one of their main jobs should be to maintain Classic servers that aren't doing it themselves. Not to say that it isn't the responsibility of the servers management, however, if the management fails to do so you should try to help them out rather than make veiled threats. (which it seems is what you are trying to do with N-Pulse by not taking them down, which I commend you for, however I think you should try to refrain from feeding the public with replies and justifications as you will have people like Pojo making posts about how you took or threatened to take Delteria or some other server down for basically being in the same position).

As stated by Fulg, N-Pulse at the current moment simply does not have the resources to work on two projects at once right now. Isn't this what the GDT is there for? I don't expect you, as a PWA to be able to do much other than nudge the managers in the right direction, however, I think you guys need major staff structure reform to have the GDT either work with or even under the PWA and be assigned to help certain servers. Whether it be a Classic server that is struggling to maintain their live server while working on a development project, or a hosted server that is very promising, almost complete, but having a hard time making the fine touches.

I'd also like to say that I agree with you 100% about UN being on par, or better, than both N-Pulse and Delteria in their current states. This, however, has nothing to do with the fact that you still have not picked a server to replace Delteria, Doomsday, or any other server that has been taken off of the classic tab. The amount of servers to pick from off of the classic tab is shrinking rapidly (well...kinda slowly actually :P) and if there isn't a server worthy of being put up then you guys need to find some of the closest ones ready to go Classic and force the GDT to help them get ready for a release.

I guess this should go into a thread criticizing the way the GDT is run, however, this does have very much to do with N-Pulse and it's current state and what is actually needed for the server. I've stated it several times but I'll say it again: They need help from the staff team that was created for the purposes of helping servers in need!!!!!!!

Again, sorry for getting so hostile towards ya TSA, like I said, I get tunnel vision and I mostly scanned through the thread and noticed a lot of Pojo's defensive posts about Delteria without realizing there were no offensive posts for him to defend it from. I do still feel, however, that you guys need serious restructuring in how things are run on Graal before you wind up chasing away the few volunteers you have left with all the red tape and constant rule changes. You need to set up some strict guidelines of what is required of a classic server, you need to clarify what, if anything, will get a server taken off of Classic status instead of winging it and basing the decision off of how the majority of the PWA's feel about a particular server at that very moment.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:57 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Here's my answer and reply.

No. I don't say this because I work there and don't want to work for a private server, but for the fact that we haven't been given proper assistance from the GDT, at all plain and simple, and because i think it's a wee bit too early to have an official debate on this topic to be honest after a drastic change in direction. As it's been stated about 2-3 times now, Rebirth has not been cancelled, but set aside to get in compliance with what everyone is apparently complaining about, which is Classic Tab requirements. Management and Administration have noticed we need to step it up majorly about 1 year ago. I can't say we have lazy staff, because we don't. SlikRick and I don't even deal with lazy staff.

After our realization of needing a big change, development production went up drastically, the activity of most of our staff was real good and it was just going good overall. Not much could be seen or told to the public in regards to Rebirth because of previous Management, and because of that I really think it killed a lot of the staff motivation. Especially considering most work could not be 'shown' off until the project was completely done, and we all know there was a ways to go. There still is now, but not nearly as much as there was a year ago.

N-Pulse management has concerned me ever since I started working/playing there. And I won't name anyone, but there was a group of us who did not agree with management, at all or in any aspect. That wasn't going to be dealt with, and by the end of that big change had come. My point of that little story is to make sure that everyone knows that there was a BIG change in Management from Chang to SlikRick. I know a good amount of developers could care less about N-Pulse because of this whole Rebirth thing, but I’d like to say that you should give N-Pulse a second chance, and help us in our development.

I know a lot of people, including some friends, which declined working on N-Pulse because of it's management before SlikRick, and the fact that they just didn't like the ideas and/or plans for Rebirth. We have come a long way really, and honestly, and I think putting Rebirth on the back-burner is a grand idea, and we won't have such a hard time maintaining our classic tab requirements if Rebirth doesn't have to be worried about, at all. Assuming that this debate thread was created in reference to what SlikRick posted in the N-Pulse section....I’m almost positive Bell or any of the PWA are going to jump to remove N-Pulse after a big change like this without giving us a second chance, and listening to our new plans.

Last edited by pooper200000; 07-31-2010 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Updating post at request of Matt.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Chance Mercy
I honestly don't think you guys should be forced to put Rebirth onto the backburner like you are. I think the GDT should step in and help you with straightening up the live server so the few developers you have can focus their efforts on the Rebirth project as they have been doing for the passed couple of years. I also think that the GDT should be available to help you with progression through the Rebirth development to make that go even faster. Graal's developers are getting thinner and thinner every year, and now the bulk of the best are working for the "GDT" who do nothing but write up wiki articles and now are even talking about dedicating their time to a server that is nowhere near completion.

Honestly you are suffering from the same fate as any other server who has tried to help Graal evolve into a better platform. You get ridiculed by people who can't help you, and probably wouldn't even if they had the talent to do so, and you get shrugged off by the GDT when you ask them for help. It's sad really, but that's the fate of a game run by volunteers. It'd be a big help if somebody in charge of these "global" teams decided to make some rules and standards of which the "global" teams would perform, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The GDT is currently reforming as I hear, getting new members and leaders and whatnot, so maybe if enough people point out that they should be helping the game as a whole instead of dedicating all their time to whatever server they personally want to see completed things will change. Though I highly doubt any amount of pointing out what they should do will change their actions, they're too used to being stuck in their old ways.

In a way I'm glad I don't get involved with Graal politics too often anymore. Though I do miss pointing out all the flaws they have still yet to even attempt to fix in their way of running things.

- American Pride
Quote:
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
}

forgetting the ;
Old 07-30-2010, 02:25 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Don't wait up for the GDT to help.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Which members of the GDT did you ask? If they are abandoning projects that they made commitments to they should be removed from the team.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Chance Mercy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Which members of the GDT did you ask? If they are abandoning projects that they made commitments to they should be removed from the team.
The problem is that they don't make commitments to anything they don't feel like doing, and are not required to do anything. Not that they make commitments and don't follow through. I never once had any GDT so much as respond to a plea for help, much less make a commitment and back out, or even so much as decline a request for help.

Last time I was active in the Graal community almost every GDT member was working strictly with Kingdoms, being nothing more than a GK developer with a global RC. I dunno what they do nowadays, but hearing stories from N-Pulse staff they haven't changed too much at all and still only work on whatever they personally feel deserves their attention. People supporting the idea of them working on building 2k1, a server that is nowhere near close to done, is certainly not going to help them change their ways in the future and actually help out servers who deserve their attention and could be completed within a few months if they had some extra development help.

- American Pride
Quote:
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
}

forgetting the ;
Old 07-30-2010, 02:59 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't say this because i work there and don't want to work for a private server, but for the fact that we haven't been given proper assistance from the GDT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Management and Administration have noticed we need to step it up majorly about 1 year ago. I can't say we have lazy staff, because we don't. SlikRick and myself don't even deal with lazy staff.
So do you have incompetent staff or what? I don't see why you're shifting the blame onto the 'lack of GDT' help.
Closed Thread