FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I keep hearing people say all "the good names" were taken. What defines an account name as good? Does anyone else want to be known as papajchris or Bell? I don't understand whats a good name. Sure many new people like acct names such as "xXSilent_SNIPERxX123" but theres millions of other words and ways to do that, so i don't see how there is a lack of account name emergency
Good names are defined as names without numbers or multiple letters.

In example...

XxBryanxX or Jerold648797

Those are terrible names. Good names are Bryan or Jerold.

In my opinion of course (The terrible name opinion of course).
Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey View Post
What about allowing a player to pick an account name when they upgrade? If they were implemented to get rid of hundreds of unused trials, then give them an account name when they upgrade and let Graal###### be temporary.
The problem is that it isn't really possible to rename an account without messing tons of stuff up.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I keep hearing people say all "the good names" were taken. What defines an account name as good?
When I was the Accounts Admin, I got requests daily by people who wanted names that were already taken, mainly because they wanted that much desired star in front of their name.

I wonder if the Graal##### has discouraged anyone from upgrading. People used to upgrade several accounts, I think because of the name. I would create accounts with spaces or with 3-4 letters in them for someone who already had an upgraded account, and they would upgrade the one I just made for them. What's the fun in Graal######?

Perhaps they cannot change the Graal##### accounts, but they could at least give the option of selecting your own account name when you upgrade.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I like being able to call people by names I can remember.

Please bring old account names back.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
it's very symbolic, knowing that back in the day we all had names. nowadays, we're just a string of numbers with a community name
Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey View Post

I wonder if the Graal##### has discouraged anyone from upgrading. People used to upgrade several accounts, I think because of the name. I would create accounts with spaces or with 3-4 letters in them for someone who already had an upgraded account, and they would upgrade the one I just made for them. What's the fun in Graal######?
It has discouraged some players from upgrading. What I have been doing though for those that ask individually is reassign an old trial that hasn't been used in 4 or 5 years with the understanding that they have to upgrade it within a month. If they don't upgrade I'll ban the account, and yes, I now keep a list for when they need to be upgraded by. I cannot make accounts though so don't ask.

I wouldn't of insisted on this upgrade but certain people who shall remain nameless were trying to harvest those accounts then sell them off to other players or to see what kinds of items they can get off them.

People just really want that individuality that the Graal##### accounts don't give and I don't blame them in the least.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
I usually tire of a name or account name, and buy a new one.

It's just the way I go about doing things. Anyways, needless to say - this habit stopped abruptly after the Graal#### phase.

It's bad enough that if I wanted a new account I'd have to pay monthly just to get classic servers. It's even worse when my account is some impersonal string of digits.

One other thing - Graal#### accounts aren't even taken seriously. I don't know how many times I've heard people tell newcomers "Oh, you're just some Graal### newb." or when I ask about someone "He's just some Graal### ***."

Granted, all that does is show the immaturity of the player-base...but that fact aside, if I were a new player and I was mocked even for my account (which I can do NOTHING about), I sure as hell wouldn't stick around.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
I usually tire of a name or account name, and buy a new one.

It's just the way I go about doing things. Anyways, needless to say - this habit stopped abruptly after the Graal#### phase.

It's bad enough that if I wanted a new account I'd have to pay monthly just to get classic servers. It's even worse when my account is some impersonal string of digits.

One other thing - Graal#### accounts aren't even taken seriously. I don't know how many times I've heard people tell newcomers "Oh, you're just some Graal### newb." or when I ask about someone "He's just some Graal### ***."

Granted, all that does is show the immaturity of the player-base...but that fact aside, if I were a new player and I was mocked even for my account (which I can do NOTHING about), I sure as hell wouldn't stick around.
i've also seen that happen to people, where someone with lifetime class buys a graal#### account, and is ridiculed about it until they don't use it anymore, and go back to their lifetime classic accounts. same with graal#### accounts sparring - they are ALWAYS newbies in the eyes of most (and to be honest i'm not sure i've ever been beaten by a graal#### account)
Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
OR just script it so that unused trials self destruct after 30 days of non use. The issue of all the good names being taken would disappear. This would also eliminate the need for support to remove a community name for someone that decided they wanted to change their identity by changing their community name. Plus it would get rid of the Graal##### confusion once and for all.
But I want to keep my trials

Also, with this new payment plan, what if you revert back to trial mode and can't pay it for a while or something?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel
Also, with this new payment plan, what if you revert back to trial mode and can't pay it for a while or something?
You get to keep your old name if you have one. But all new players get stuck with a #### name, and they don't even have the option to change it.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 AM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Lyndzey gave me my account (That's why my original account was R0bin)

Old 07-22-2009, 03:09 AM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
, Jcs is too short, I made Jcs19 and Jcs1919 "
Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Baszle is on a distinguished road
Community names are stupid, graal3473473 accs r stupid. Paying 60$ a year to play graal is stupid. <-- My opinions.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Please don't create multiple threads for the same topic, please use this:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=86728
Closed Thread