Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Community Names (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86946)

EclipsedAngel 07-17-2009 01:05 PM

Community Names

Get rid of them.
They're not really account names, they're just labels.
We still have to refer to their Graal numbers to maintain the accounts.
It's rather ridiculous.

What is the point, seriously?
It's hard to keep track of people by referring to them by their graal numbers.
How are we supposed to remember those?

Get rid of community names, and have the accounts that were created after community names were installed, to replace their graal numbers with their community names.

LordSquirt 07-17-2009 02:02 PM

I like when someones community name is a different Graal### account than their real Graal### account.

For example, their community name is Graal711352, but their account is Graal684252.

Scary_Sock 07-17-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1508035)
I like when someones community name is a different Graal### account than their real Graal### account.

For example, their community name is Graal711352, but their account is Graal684252.

Now THAT is hilarious to me. Especially one day when this Graal## was trying to get a job on a server, and the staff kept saying that it wasen't his account. It was a huge mess.

BlueMelon 07-17-2009 02:16 PM

Or at least make the Graal# in there profile "copy past able."

Pelikano 07-17-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel (Post 1508029)
Get rid of them.
They're not really account names, they're just labels.
We still have to refer to their Graal numbers to maintain the accounts.
It's rather ridiculous.

What is the point, seriously?
It's hard to keep track of people by referring to them by their graal numbers.
How are we supposed to remember those?

Get rid of community names, and have the accounts that were created after community names were installed, to replace their graal numbers with their community names.

findplayerbycommunityname() ftw

cbk1994 07-17-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelikano (Post 1508056)
findplayerbycommunityname() ftw

Doesn't solve all our problems.

Pelikano 07-17-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1508093)
Doesn't solve all our problems.

The ones I quoted.

Jcs1919 07-18-2009 03:08 AM

Its useless to have an account (email) to logon
then have an Graal account and a community name

WaDaFack 07-18-2009 05:20 PM

Community names are garbage. Most people like to be known as there actual account name, not some Graal######.

Lyndzey 07-21-2009 05:22 PM

What about allowing a player to pick an account name when they upgrade? If they were implemented to get rid of hundreds of unused trials, then give them an account name when they upgrade and let Graal###### be temporary.

Bell 07-21-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyndzey (Post 1509122)
What about allowing a player to pick an account name when they upgrade? If they were implemented to get rid of hundreds of unused trials, then give them an account name when they upgrade and let Graal###### be temporary.

OR just script it so that unused trials self destruct after 30 days of non use. The issue of all the good names being taken would disappear. This would also eliminate the need for support to remove a community name for someone that decided they wanted to change their identity by changing their community name. Plus it would get rid of the Graal##### confusion once and for all.

papajchris 07-21-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1509133)
OR just script it so that unused trials self destruct after 30 days of non use. The issue of all the good names being taken would disappear. This would also eliminate the need for support to remove a community name for someone that decided they wanted to change their identity by changing their community name. Plus it would get rid of the Graal##### confusion once and for all.

I keep hearing people say all "the good names" were taken. What defines an account name as good? Does anyone else want to be known as papajchris or Bell? I don't understand whats a good name. Sure many new people like acct names such as "xXSilent_SNIPERxX123" but theres millions of other words and ways to do that, so i don't see how there is a lack of account name emergency

Darlene159 07-21-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 1509133)

I agree, but I think it should be a little longer than 30 days. At least 2 months. Giving people leeway in case something happens like hospital stays, loss of internet, personal issues, moving, or whatever, ya never know...

kia345 07-21-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1509135)
I keep hearing people say all "the good names" were taken. What defines an account name as good? Does anyone else want to be known as papajchris or Bell? I don't understand whats a good name. Sure many new people like acct names such as "xXSilent_SNIPERxX123" but theres millions of other words and ways to do that, so i don't see how there is a lack of account name emergency

I want *pojo, but it's been taken by an account that hasn't so much as logged on in years.

Darlene159 07-21-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1509138)
I want *pojo, but it's been taken by an account that hasn't so much as logged on in years.

I'm pretty sure when I made this account, I had to tack numbers on it because "Darlene" was taken. I wish I could remove the numbers. I have never seen an account named "Darlene", ever...