Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
And I care because its a historic land mark.
What about...
the GoH guild house? Replaced by SuperNick's
RD town? Replaced by Onnet Town
Azrael's Love Shack? Replaced by the bank
Alien Spaceship? Replaced by the portal
Fuitad's Domain? Replaced by Graal Memorial Park

There are other important places that have been removed as well. The swamp is gone, the mines are gone, Midas Realm is gone, PACHUKA's town is gone...Master Li's was basically gone already, with no inside.

Quit crying about Baddies Castle. If it really bothers you THAT much, we can push Baddies Castle back a level into the cliffs, and restore the *outside* of Master Li's.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
I cant believe people can get so worked up about such minor things.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 07-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilOmniscience
oh, and to Bell
Frankly, I removed that act of corruption, elitism, and useless npc.
I didn't realize it was a FAQ's job to overwrite levels.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:01 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey
Insert ranting here.
That is true, these were great things in there time, but I'll explain a few things to you. These things were replaced in the past, and have been changed for quite some time, and now, I doubt you'll find anyone who'll be happy to see them come back, as they were. I can't change the fact they were changed, but I can stop other land marks from being taken down. Classic is replacing a great deal of the old levels, and now we have to fight harder then ever to keep these landmarks. Master Li's isn't gone. Technically one could reupload the level.

As for some of the other locations you mentioned (Swamp town, Midas Realm, etc), most likely we'll see their return when they actually decide to expand Classic.

And one other thing, Storm told me he didn't approve of where Baddies guild house went, the other staff actually went behind his back and uploaded it.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:02 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
He was removing something that shouldn't have been made in the first place.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Woman
Quote:
And one other thing, Storm told me he didn't approve of where Baddies guild house went, the other staff actually went behind his back and uploaded it.
I asked him if we could put Baddy Castle over Master Li's, and he just asked "is Baddies Castle finished yet?". He knew we were wanting to put it there, and didn't object to it when I asked. Speaking of staff doing things behind his back, did the FAQ Chief ask to remove Hoss's NPC? Thanks to like four people complaining, the Hoss NPC has been removed for good.

Fuitad's Domain was replaced with the server wipe, why aren't you complaining about that? Fuitad's Domain was an even bigger spot than Master Li's.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:51 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
I asked him if we could put Baddy Castle over Master Li's, and he just asked "is Baddies Castle finished yet?". He knew we were wanting to put it there, and didn't object to it when I asked.
Its against the rules to quote history logs, so I'll sum up what happened between Storm and myself. I massed out something about Master Li's being removed, and Storm replied back saying he didn't approve where it was uploaded, and then I asked him to remove it, and he said he'd ask Hoss about moving it elsewhere.
Quote:
Speaking of staff doing things behind his back, did the FAQ Chief ask to remove Hoss's NPC? Thanks to like four people complaining, the Hoss NPC has been removed for good.
Hoss NPC removed? Good. It was removed for a reason, and no, it wasn't because we complained, it was because it shouldn't have been made in the first place.
Quote:
Fuitad's Domain was replaced with the server wipe, why aren't you complaining about that? Fuitad's Domain was an even bigger spot than Master Li's
I did complain, but to no avail. Nobody else spoke out with me, so it seemed like I was the only person upset by Fuitad's removal.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Woman
Quote:
Hoss NPC removed? Good. It was removed for a reason, and no, it wasn't because we complained, it was because it shouldn't have been made in the first place.
I'm not talking about the time the FAQ Chief removed it.

Ibonic removed it because Storm said a couple people were complaining about it. Although the majority of Classic probably wanted it to stay, the few people that objected to it got their way.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:33 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
I'm not talking about the time the FAQ Chief removed it.

Ibonic removed it because Storm said a couple people were complaining about it. Although the majority of Classic probably wanted it to stay, the few people that objected to it got their way.
I doubt that the majority wanted it to stay. I'd say the majority of Classic didn't even notice it was there, and had no opinion either way.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Sadly, it seems division admins like to do other division's jobs lately.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Woman
Quote:
I doubt that the majority wanted it to stay. I'd say the majority of Classic didn't even notice it was there, and had no opinion either way.
Lets have a vote on Classic then.

If we win, Hoss's NPC gets put back up. If not, it stays down.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:42 PM
hoss is on a distinguished road
Jesus! If i knew it would of become this big of a deal i wouldnt of wanted in the first place!
People thought it was funny how i was ALWAYS idling there and I'd have people come up to me all the time trying to talk to me not realizing that I was more than likely not there. I just thought it would be funny to have a permanent NPC there while i was offline for a while, god forbid people try to have fun on classic. Its not like I did it so that everyone could worship me...

What I didnt understand is how that FAQ guy took it down, i mean who is he to do that? It be one thing for Master storm to take it down, or anyone with the right authority to do so....but for someone who is using his power for reasons out of his job description? How isnt he punished!?

Anyways, i dont understand why people get worked up over such stupid things....I guess its because there isnt anything else for people like maxipad, who like to complain, to complain about, so they had to find SOMETHING.
I think what they dont realize is that by complaining about everything they are actually doing more harm than they are helping. Its just annoying....

Last edited by hoss; 07-10-2005 at 06:00 PM..
Old 07-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
The problem is the purpose the NPC served.

I had a few NPC weapons and their sole purpose was to have fun. One being the Tagger NPC. That was removed.

Any form of fun that can't be shared and is only there for a few is removed. Giving one person what they want is also sort of corrupt, but I won't really go into that.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Bells doppleganger
nikomi946 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to nikomi946 Send a message via AIM to nikomi946 Send a message via Yahoo to nikomi946
And they say I need to relax. If everything is to be removed that can only be enjoyed by a few then I suggest we lump in password scripted npc rooms, tag based npc's, GC items that are so high priced that unless you can lag your way through an event you'll never have any hope of recieving them. Give me time, I'm sure I'll think of more things to be removed. Oh and while we're at it, lets remove departments, they really aren't all that necessary. No, I'm not complaining or whining in any way, just showing how far this could go if a select few decide to complain loud enough and long enough. The squeaky wheel gets the grease after all.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:06 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomi946
No, I'm not complaining or whining in any way
Looks that way to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD
Giving one person what they want is also sort of corrupt, but I won't really go into that.
And this is the exact reason why it was removed.