Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Okay, so some more important things I'll make immediate mention of:

Scripting-Related:
  • Mount System. (We have the necessary ganis complete)
  • Chat system could use a rescript. (We have a full spritesheet for this completed)
  • Party System.
  • Duel System rescript. (Allows players to create custom, private spar-duels at will)
  • Quests/ Quest System. (A variety of work is needed. Selected candidates must have considerable scripting skill, specifically with quests and baddies)
  • Quest Log rescript. (Prototype available for ease of redo)
  • Options menu additions.
  • Shop System. (Due to some sensitive knowledge, details will be given only to those selected to work)
  • Mining System rescript. (Pretty sure all necessary gfx and ganis complete. Some prototypes available. Work includes pickaxe, mining kart, lighted helmet)
  • Combat System. (Due to some sensitive knowledge, details will be given only to those selected to work)
  • Events. (A small variety of event-work is needed, mostly dealing with Contra and Zombie Outbreak. Event devs are -always- welcome though, because I'm a sucker for good events)
  • Local Guild System. (We have not decided to disallow global guilds, though creating a local guild will eventually come with some unique perks )

Levels-Related:
  • Kaljun Port. (This was the town released in summer-2007's failed-Beta, only with changes. Some work still remains in order to prepare it for release)
  • Kaljun Island. (This is the gmap island that the Port Town exits to. It's 12x12 and needs work mainly just on the eastern portion of the island)
  • Quests. (Quest 1 levels are complete. Quests 2 levels are over 95%. Quest 3 will be created by a skilled LAT using our special MHX-themed tiles. Mound Quest [we have a baddy that literally grows out of the grass tiles and swallows you ] levels need redone or at least worked on more. Buggalo Boss Quest needs a set of levels leading up to the Boss)

GFX/GANI-Related:
  • Work will consist largely of dealing with things mentioned in the Levels and Scripting needs sections.

This isn't necessarily the be-all-end-all to-do list, but in my opinion it's the more important things that we've agreed on as of late. Other work may be included, and, suggestions and discussion with Riot and myself are always welcome to quality staff members.

On a related note, it may be possible for a desired volunteer to earn a permanent administrative position in one of our departments. Nevertheless any help completing even one of these items is very much appreciated.

If interested you may forum PM me or add me to your AIM (Cloven DC). Best bet is to send me a forum PM. You can also send a forum PM to Riot, though unless he says otherwise it's probably best to contact me. Also feel free to chat with me if you see me in-game. Sometimes I'll be on UN. Thank you again, to all interested and any who apply.

Last edited by Cloven; 05-31-2010 at 02:43 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Man... That's not as bad as I thought. That could be done within a month and a half even at slow pace. Guys you need to help out delt and make it come to life!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Quest 3 will be created by a skilled LAT using our special MHX-themed tiles.

Last edited by kia345; 05-31-2010 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: PURE ECSTASY
Old 05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Wow, pretty cool.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Wow, pretty cool.
Thanks.

*Bump for community awareness.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I just visited the server and I've to say there is a lot of amazing work done lately. Keep it up ;D
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
I just visited the server and I've to say there is a lot of amazing work done lately. Keep it up ;D
Heh, thanks. Can't show everyone else that stuff yet though.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
cheatzor :<
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Thanks.

*Bump for community awareness.
Can't wait !
Old 06-04-2010, 04:04 AM
MKnance is an unknown quantity at this point
Please guys Save delteria I wanna see it come back!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Good to see you guys still making progress. It looks like you're making your way towards completion a little quicker than when I last checked which is odd considering you lost so much help during that down-time while waiting for the backup. I kinda wish I had some free time to help out, but at the same time I'm glad I don't because I always wind up being pretty counter-productive when I get involved with Delteria.

Ignore the naysayers and people making stupid comments about how ridiculously long it's taking, you aren't getting payed and any work you do complete they should be grateful for. I'm confident one day you'll finish and get the respect you deserve for dedicating so much time to the project even after suffering so much ridicule from people like myself who like to sometimes point fingers out of pure frustration without thinking about the true facts that you really don't have to be doing anything.

Anyway good luck, and remember to just work at your own pace and have fun doing it so you don't burn yourself out. Really looking forward for the final release, whenever it may come. I'll come back for a few months to explore all the new content when you do, make sure to let me know on AIM, I seem to be checking even the Delteria forums less frequently nowadays.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Delteria
Yeah there have been a few changes made and some that are in the works to streamline the process. Will discuss it more as things get completed.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
I loved what you showed me, Cloven. I don't have enough free time or any sort of skill to help, but I'm definitely looking forward to more updates.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
How's the project going along? Like what's needed to be done around development wise? I'm still excited for this to come out.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Same here, I think it will attract the attention of new players as well.