FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaricoMontario
The fact is, even if Graal can't control what happens over AIM, it can control what's on it's servers. What I mean by this is,

While no, you can't pillor/ban someone for AIM USD'ing, you CAN pillor/ban them for attemping it by sending out a mass message saying you're selling on AIM.
So if I am selling some items, and I wish to converse prices over AIM rather than Graal, I am immediatly selling for USD?

Negative.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
They ban on Runescape, and they handle it well.

They check for low levels with high equipment, or a lot of money. I guess that can't be done on here soon people buy new accounts. (CUBES :O <3)

But.. there should be something.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:18 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Selling items for real money is not illegal. It's not our business what you are doing with your money. We don't care if you give items for free or sell them for $$.
But if we tolerate deals for real money on graal servers, the players wants us to monitor the deals and restore items or pay back money to scammed players. There are a few more reasons why it's not allowed to announce it, but I think it's clarified now, why we tolerate mass messages containing the phrase "over AIM".
Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
skyler87 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skyler87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
So if I am selling some items, and I wish to converse prices over AIM rather than Graal, I am immediatly selling for USD?

Negative.
Then why not discuss them on Graal? Lol

And, just out of question...If admins don't monitor USDing, can I tell someone I'll give them the money after I get the items, take the items, log off, and tell the admin that I paid them when they go whining?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyler87
Then why not discuss them on Graal? Lol
Some people do things their own way. You'll concede that because they are selling over AIM doesn't really mean that they're selling USD.

Quote:
And, just out of question...If admins don't monitor USDing, can I tell someone I'll give them the money after I get the items, take the items, log off, and tell the admin that I paid them when they go whining?
This is why, as far as I understand, it's illegal to advertise in game that you're selling for USD. The Graal Online rules do not support USDing, so if you're scammed - it's your own business. You're shtuff out of luck, in a manner of speaking.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Some people do things their own way. You'll concede that because they are selling over AIM doesn't really mean that they're selling USD.
Logically, you're right
Realistically, 100% of the cases on GK where people say "selling items over aim", it is in direct correspondence with "USDing".
Logic doesn't always play a part in situations. And if so, then why not base a decision made strictly of probability, such as "No asking for transactions outside of Graal" to avoid most of this?
Quote:
This is why, as far as I understand, it's illegal to advertise in game that you're selling for USD. The Graal Online rules do not support USDing, so if you're scammed - it's your own business. You're shtuff out of luck, in a manner of speaking.
Lol...I may actually try that then? Or is it against the rules to state that you're going to? Or what?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:46 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Quote:
Logically, you're right
Yes, and I'm afraid that's how a "code of conduct" has to be constructed. I realize that 95% of all "selling on AIM" messages are USD, if not *all*.
Quote:
Lol...I may actually try that then? Or is it against the rules to state that you're going to? Or what?
You would likely be punished for your malicious intent to disturb another users gameplay. Be respectful, at the least.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Quote:
You would likely be punished for your malicious intent to disturb another users gameplay. Be respectful, at the least.
Well no...It would not be malicious intent by any means, it would be me wanting l33t itams. Wouldn't bother me, they were trying to dispose of them anyway ;[
Old 07-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Devotchkas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Devotchkas
fact of the matter is staff cant stop USDing unless they actually hold good events to give out real items

i can list people who have bought or sold usd and the whole server would be destroyed

so i say this again
WHO CARES

staff is just lazy :]
they wont release new items
Old 07-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotchkas
fact of the matter is staff cant stop USDing unless they actually hold good events to give out real items

i can list people who have bought or sold usd and the whole server would be destroyed

so i say this again
WHO CARES

staff is just lazy :]
they wont release new items
Yep... and Ed already said it, but it was just glossed over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke
USDing generally goes away when items don't take months of item farming to afford.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:32 AM
thats cause Ed knows whats up

which is why i dont rock him like a hurricane
and because my magic does no dammage to him
Old 07-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaricoMontario
The fact is, even if Graal can't control what happens over AIM, it can control what's on it's servers. What I mean by this is,

While no, you can't pillor/ban someone for AIM USD'ing, you CAN pillor/ban them for attemping it by sending out a mass message saying you're selling on AIM.
Yay, someone understands what i've been trying to say!

Last edited by Sam; 07-09-2006 at 11:42 AM..
Old 07-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Quote:
Go for it, it's their fault for trying to sell their items, if they get scammed the only person they can blame is themself
Old 07-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampy
Go for it, it's their fault for trying to sell their items, if they get scammed the only person they can blame is themself
which is the point that its THEIR MONEY and they get to risk it so why care?
Old 07-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotchkas
which is the point that its THEIR MONEY and they get to risk it so why care?
It's hard for me to explain what I mean other3ise i'm sure you would agree with me by now