Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Hiring for Era
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Why would the guy hiring graphic artists hook you up with an animation job?
because i'm good
Old 10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultaccount View Post
because i'm good
No you're not.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:34 AM
Cassini
:d

this looks kinda dumb but it gives you an idea of what it would look like

http://tinypic.com/r/352lu9l/7

http://tinypic.com/r/1z6wis8/7

http://i52.tinypic.com/1410d46.png

MS

http://tinypic.com/r/vscmdt/7

http://tinypic.com/r/szizio/7
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad you improved the ugly stegosaurus rails.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Cassini
they are the same
Old 10-25-2010, 05:26 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you ... have a hard time reading in between the lines :/.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
/jizz
Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 AM
Cassini
http://tinypic.com/r/316p2f5/7

http://tinypic.com/r/dfwxs2/7

http://tinypic.com/r/imrvut/7

idk :/
Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Looks good

Last edited by TSAdmin; 10-27-2010 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate reference
Old 10-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Cassini
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Looks good
Yeah there half decent though right? Era could really use a gun admin.

I worked on Era for years and years working on just gun ganis and gun graphics, I'm one of the best pkers on the game so I could easily balance the gun stats with another gun admin. I think i'd be a great candidate for that type of position. I'd be completely unbiased considering the weight of the position, considering I'd probably not be raiding. I'd be fixing every gun making it look alot better, like I always used too. I was probably one of the most proactive ''' ganis ''' Era had. Lets be honest though, how long does it take to do an elaborate reload gani like on a AK47, because each direction takes at least an half-hour, for the ak47 id say 3 hours to do the reload gani alone. I was always redoing guns, as I'd finish one project I'd do another one. Massing to players ' what gun you think could use some spice ' ect. Than completely redoing the gani into something alot cleaner and nicer, as well as the graphics. Easily said that 80% of all the gun ganis on Era, I've made.

Idk. I'd just really like to help out, as far as development for stuff that people would like to see. Making ganis for guns that don't even have reload ganis. Remaking graphics like deagles, mk23's or the neorifle (great examples). To balancing the very fragile statistics of these guns though understanding of the statistics themselves and being very skillful at the game itself. Anything gun related I'd be perfect to maintain because I'm highly skilled when it comes to anything to do with them.

Last edited by TSAdmin; 10-27-2010 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Reply to edited post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
I'd be fixing every gun making it look alot better, like I always used too.
Spray shading guns does not make them look better. Learn how to shade properly with minimal amount of colors and I might agree.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Cassini
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Spray shading guns does not make them look better.
I can respect that. I understand what you're saying and I agree, I just like to give it texture along with the shading, I guess it's just styles. You can't really see shading that much on guns on player. It's just if you looked at it in paint or in graalshop. I don't really 'spray shading' I try to give it texture. But i'll keep that in consideration next graphic I make though, it was duly noted. I'm going to +rep that tomorow, because it's something very usefull as far as constructive criticism.

But I agree, I have room for improvement. But alot of the other works I have done look do look nice. MK23's look pretty decent as far as shading, same with deagles. I thought those looked pretty decent too, the ones I showed. I made them almost 6 months ago, and wouldn't consider them 'complete'. Though compared to alot of the other newer guns that have come out in the last little bit. HK, SCAR..

Last edited by defaultaccount; 10-27-2010 at 09:24 AM..
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
I can respect that. I understand what you're saying and I agree, I just like to give it texture along with the shading, I guess it's just styles. You can't really see shading that much on guns on player. It's just if you looked at it in paint or in graalshop. I don't really 'spray shading' I try to give it texture. But i'll keep that in consideration next graphic I make though, it was duly noted. I'm going to +rep that tomorow, because it's something very usefull as far as constructive criticism.

But I agree, I have room for improvement. But alot of the other works I have done look do look nice. MK23's look pretty decent as far as shading, same with deagles. I thought those looked pretty decent too, the ones I showed. I made them almost 6 months ago, and wouldn't consider them 'complete'. Though compared to alot of the other newer guns that have come out in the last little bit. HK, SCAR..
I'm not saying that your guns doesn't look decent, because they do actually, but when it comes to them being actual "pixel art" or at least graphics intended for Graal, I'd like to see their quality going up. The only way to actually increase their quality is to shade properly with minimal colors, thus remaining true to "pixel art".

There's a lot of nice tutorials out there, use them to your advantage.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Cassini
Lightbulb

Me and Demisis would be perfect for the absence of gun admins.

Yes, room for improvement, they are unfinished. But I made them for an application. I didn't make them expecting them to get uploaded, I wouldn't say they are the best I could do just an great example of what I could do. If I was staff I'd take it alot more seriously, and put alot more work into them. I've got years and years of experience working with ganis and gun graphics, era style of guns. I'm also very talented with PKing on Era.

I'm not boasting. I'd just really like to get a position on Era considering I believe I'm pretty talented when it comes to these things I've mentioned. That plus considering how long I have worked for Era, sense the beginning of Smu Era I have worked on and off on Era as Ganis / doing some gun graphics. I've got hell of alot better at both, and player killing on Era.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Master of Puppets
I'm not sure Elk is even caring about his "Artist Administrator" job or whatever he calls it. Even if he is, you're not going to get anything out from posting stuff here. You need to either contact him in-game or get in touch with his superior(s).