Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
We already removed unlimited ammo ;] we made it stop stocking, so once they sell out of stores they're all gone.
EDIT: Clarification, we will probably still use it as a prize of some kind.

We can't make it harder to get money before taking money out of the economy; it would chase off all the new players. One of the most common complaints I already get is "how can guns cost 900k when it takes me so long to make any money?" When we have players with 20 mil, nobody will start playing making like $500 per hour.

Some sort of a tax would be a cool idea, but I don't know a fair way to implement it. The people who most need to be taxed (as you said) are the ones who are inactive; the ones with millions of dollars sitting in a bank account. But if we start taxing bank accounts, then everyone who has been playing will start pulling their money out before going inactive, but those who are already inactive wouldn't know about it and would get screwed.

Taxing bank transactions would be an idea for "active" money anyways.
Sorry i did not notice the unlimited ammo gone. Happy though that you see it as a good move to. A prize sounds fun.

You aren't making it hard to get money. It also isn't that hard to get money. I have a 53 mining level that i earned and worked for. I have dug a lot of shells & did my fair share of other making money techniques. Why can't they? They just want money to be handed to them and you guys are being to soft.

Sometimes you need to make harsh decisions and tough ones that players won't agree or understand. They will understand one day. I don't think it will chase them of.

Also it would be a good idea to improve money making ideas to make it more "fun" not necessarily "easier". I don't think the problem is how much money you get from these systems it's people not being able to last more than 10 mins doing it as they get bored and fed up. Make it fun to earn money.

You could also implement a system that just wipes your money altogether if you don't log in after a 6-7 month period or whatever. Make it that you cannot log with money on you either & if you do it goes straight into your ATM so people cant avoid dodging the taxes.

Also you can tax people on using ATM. If they withdraw 50k, $500 from their account. So they need $50,500 or they cannot withdraw $50,000. Or you could make it $50,000 and if that's all they have their account goes to -$500

A bank fee of some kind needs to be implemented i think
Old 06-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Sorry i did not notice the unlimited ammo gone. Happy though that you see it as a good move to. A prize sounds fun.

You aren't making it hard to get money. It also isn't that hard to get money. I have a 53 mining level that i earned and worked for. I have dug a lot of shells & did my fair share of other making money techniques. Why can't they? They just want money to be handed to them and you guys are being to soft.

Sometimes you need to make harsh decisions and tough ones that players won't agree or understand. They will understand one day. I don't think it will chase them of.

Also it would be a good idea to improve money making ideas to make it more "fun" not necessarily "easier". I don't think the problem is how much money you get from these systems it's people not being able to last more than 10 mins doing it as they get bored and fed up. Make it fun to earn money.

You could also implement a system that just wipes your money altogether if you don't log in after a 6-7 month period or whatever. Make it that you cannot log with money on you either & if you do it goes straight into your ATM so people cant avoid dodging the taxes.

Also you can tax people on using ATM. If they withdraw 50k, $500 from their account. So they need $50,500 or they cannot withdraw $50,000. Or you could make it $50,000 and if that's all they have their account goes to -$500

A bank fee of some kind needs to be implemented i think
That rate is waaaaaaay too high in my opinion. Although I am reset and have nothing, I don't see why people who have millions should suffer because they are good at monopolizing and earning their money. Don't get me wrong though, I do agree that some sort of tax should be in-order, maybe to those who own houses or something as a rent system, or make it so people can buy houses for less cash than they have but have to pay a % of interest by a certain time or it gets removed from them. If you could some-how set it so anyone in the player db that has cash on them automatically gets it transfered to their bank, there is MILLIONS that are duped and spawned on players, they just won't log on because they know it will flag RC now
Old 06-07-2014, 01:23 AM
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I wish there was a quick-fix for Era's economy but I can't think of one, hopefully someone can brainstorm some ideas that wouldn't be game-ruining.
Okay, how's this for a brainstorm. Thought if it in about 30 seconds as i thought of those events other servers hosted like iera etc. A big thing in unstick and it had to be grabbed so many times for something to be activated and everybody was spending hours around it grabbing it.

So... This is probably the most stupidest thing i have ever said but i laugh because it's the most stupidest thing that would probably work.

Why not put an NPC of some sort in the middle of unstick with a name like "Reach the goal of $30,000,000 to unlock a super update,prize or whatever". We have a leaderboard of who donates the most. And as people donate we see it climbing etc".. Everybody who donates get's logged and they all get a prize of having the added feature to profiles, of "I helped" or idk but something cool so they can say to people in a few years to come look i was here all that time ago and i have prove of it" people love that type of thing to boast about.

The most generous people in the top 10 list get's a big prize (non-tradeable prize) for being the most generous.

Obviously i'm not asking for this to happen. As stupid as it sounds, the people of era would be stupid enough to donate their money to unluck this super duper prize...

It could be 100m or whatever, you'd be surprised how much money it brings ut of the economy and how happy people would be helping the cause to see what happens or to see what prize they get lol

Don't believe me? try it. Lol
Old 06-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Quote:
That rate is waaaaaaay too high in my opinion
Which rate are we talking about? the $500? it was just an example.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Okay, how's this for a brainstorm. Thought if it in about 30 seconds as i thought of those events other servers hosted like iera etc. A big thing in unstick and it had to be grabbed so many times for something to be activated and everybody was spending hours around it grabbing it.

So... This is probably the most stupidest thing i have ever said but i laugh because it's the most stupidest thing that would probably work.

Why not put an NPC of some sort in the middle of unstick with a name like "Reach the goal of $30,000,000 to unlock a super update,prize or whatever". We have a leaderboard of who donates the most. And as people donate we see it climbing etc".. Everybody who donates get's logged and they all get a prize of having the added feature to profiles, of "I helped" or idk but something cool so they can say to people in a few years to come look i was here all that time ago and i have prove of it" people love that type of thing to boast about.

The most generous people in the top 10 list get's a big prize (non-tradeable prize) for being the most generous.

Obviously i'm not asking for this to happen. As stupid as it sounds, the people of era would be stupid enough to donate their money to unluck this super duper prize...

It could be 100m or whatever, you'd be surprised how much money it brings ut of the economy and how happy people would be helping the cause to see what happens or to see what prize they get lol

Don't believe me? try it. Lol
I'm the type of player who if I saw this and I still had my fortune I would donate all 15million of it in hopes of something amazing like a gun simulator or something and would quickly get owned with a badge that said "I donated the most money to helping fix Era's Economy"

Although it might work, the players would very quickly get upset when they lost their riches to nothing and some would even boycot against the server and management.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Quote:
I'm the type of player who if I saw this and I still had my fortune I would donate all 15million of it in hopes of something amazing like a gun simulator or something and would quickly get owned with a badge that said "I donated the most money to helping fix Era's Economy"

Although it might work, the players would very quickly get upset when they lost their riches to nothing and some would even boycot against the server and management.
They don't lose anything to nothing. Obviously a reasonable reward will be given to them. Also if it was a major success and it did work. Things would be a lot cleaner on era, they'd have no reason to boycot against the management and if they did and worst came to worst. I'm sure they can leave their post happy knowing they fixed a major issue.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:38 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
The new taxi missions were supposed to be a more fun way of making money. It was just never seen as competitive with mining/shelling, so nobody did it (amount > entertainment). There's just so much disparity now in wealth
Old 06-07-2014, 01:42 AM
Banned
Yeah, I suppose so, still not the amazing fix and seems like a lot of headache from players who are unhappy with the result.

I don't see how the economy is that big of a problem though, I mean sure, everyone has 20 mil but thats just a number as if the highest player only had 100k, everything is just worth another value, why not just up the anti for doing jobs? introduce new jobs that pay high rates? e.g hunting in south-ridge, bank robbing, robbing player owned business' etc

Heres how I see it; You have 10mil, I have 10k, almost everyone who plays now is super rich because well lets face it, everyone has been playing for years and for someone new to come along it will be a b*tch to get where you are at. Though if we increase the rate of pay for jobs, what's stopping you who has 10mil to start doing jobs to maintain your riches? nothing. What's stopping me from working to gain riches? nothing.

then again, you could introduce cents into the game and do what they did with guns, slash everyones cash into a different % rate but they are still equally as rich as they were.

So you have 10mil I have 10k, I now have 1k you now have 1mil, you feel?
Old 06-07-2014, 01:46 AM
Quote:
The new taxi missions were supposed to be a more fun way of making money. It was just never seen as competitive with mining/shelling, so nobody did it (amount > entertainment). There's just so much disparity now in wealth
Just because something was suppose to be more fun doesn't make it more fun.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Banned
Quote:
then again, you could introduce cents into the game and do what they did with guns, slash everyones cash into a different % rate but they are still equally as rich as they were.

So you have 10mil I have 10k, I now have 1k you now have 1mil, you feel?
After thinking about this for a good minute or so, why the hell not?

The only problem I see with the economy is that everything is unrealistically priced. a gun costs millions but in real life that gun would only cost 3-20 grand.

If you cut everyones money % and the price of everything equally to that % you would have a stable looking economy because lets face it, the only problem we have is that everything costs gazillions. If it all costs 10-100k max, jobs pay roughly $300-500 an hour, people would be fine and dandy once they got their feet off the ground.

Era was never really about the economy aspect anyway, although I can respect that people enjoy it solely for that purpose. I don't see their problem if everything was cut down equally, it's not like you lost anything, it all just has different numbers now and that to me is the problem, everything is so unrealistically priced, new numbers, same economy, looks more stable and professional.

Although I'm aware it's not a "fix" for the economy because we will still be in the same position, the numbers would look a lot more realistic and could be a good start to a fix

Last edited by Godzilla; 06-07-2014 at 02:01 AM..
Old 06-07-2014, 03:39 AM
lTBSl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lTBSl Send a message via MSN to lTBSl
Zilla and I spent a month on accounts and found so much dirt on them....we did erase a lot of money...they money is back up though.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Quote:
After thinking about this for a good minute or so, why the hell not?

The only problem I see with the economy is that everything is unrealistically priced. a gun costs millions but in real life that gun would only cost 3-20 grand.

If you cut everyones money % and the price of everything equally to that % you would have a stable looking economy because lets face it, the only problem we have is that everything costs gazillions. If it all costs 10-100k max, jobs pay roughly $300-500 an hour, people would be fine and dandy once they got their feet off the ground.

Era was never really about the economy aspect anyway, although I can respect that people enjoy it solely for that purpose. I don't see their problem if everything was cut down equally, it's not like you lost anything, it all just has different numbers now and that to me is the problem, everything is so unrealistically priced, new numbers, same economy, looks more stable and professional.

Although I'm aware it's not a "fix" for the economy because we will still be in the same position, the numbers would look a lot more realistic and could be a good start to a fix

At max level trash picking you can make 20k an hour easily.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:42 AM
Betflipping actually remoevs money out of the economy and I think has taken much out...Why not raise the cost of the tables since so many people use it...You figure the 300k table i think is 600 dollar fee. So you have 1200 dollars each time someone plays...Say 15 ppl play it a day thats 18,000. Raise it to 800 for each player thats 400 more each play.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
We already removed unlimited ammo ;] we made it stop stocking, so once they sell out of stores they're all gone.
EDIT: Clarification, we will probably still use it as a prize of some kind.
When I read this, I thought exactly of this:

Quote:
Oh god, I know that TK has like 20,000 unlimited ammo boxes in his house lmao.
I know Shrimps has a bunch too, probably not as many since I always bum them off of him and he spends his extra money running a Potion Trafficking business.

Anyway, yeah that was really stupid and not well thought out at all; now instead of a set price the players with the remaining supply (which is freaking huge I'll tell you now... TK alone had dozens of piles of 100x in his house) can make their own price.. and the mall will be stocked with UA's like it was with Super Str Pots after some idiot removed access the NPC that sold them.

Beyond that, this is a huge Nerf to PT without fixing any problem. It was just one bullet point among those in my list... yet it really doesn't matter with the economy already being at Stephen's Result A. You're just removing a convenience, and one of the like 2 things Zach has ever created.

I bet you just removed the Stocker NPC from the backrooms didn't you. Maximum skills dawg.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
I'd love to find an answer to the current economy.
There's no way of fixing the economy since we have players smarter than other players. There will always be the rich and the poor, check out my item list:

Offers:
Mp5 Navy
MP5 SD
Angel x2
P2K x2
Snow Cannon
Bamboo Rod
KSG
Ove Glove
S6
Souizen
Desert Raven x2