Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2004, 05:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm
Hi, my name is Tim
(Hi Tim!)
And I'm a Graalcoholic

(And whats your name little one?)
My name is Crono!
(Sup)
Nothing.
(So Crono, why are you here in this server?)
I killed an AZN with a mohawk down the street yelling newb !
Old 05-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Graal is easy to quit when you realize a few things that more than likely i would get yelled at by 'others' were I to start talking about them.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:30 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
The best way to quit is to slowly cut off ties within graal. Because I really doubt you are addicted to the game itself, but more the people, and events within the game. If you really want to quit, then you need to quit any staff jobs you have, leave any and all guilds, and slowly break relations with friends... (ones that you only talk about graal stuff too...) Delete the actual game, and go outside for the first time in ages...

then you will see that there is nothing making you play graal... you may feel the need to re-download it, go on a PKing spree, then delete it again... but at least you won't be addicted
:P
I used to be addicted, then I realized how to manage the addiction... once I made myself realize that there is no need to be on graal every day, and talk to people online about graal all the time... things were made much easier.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD
quit any staff jobs you have
A lot of people are also addicted to the power of being staff on an online game. They see it as somehow being "better" or "higher" than the common player, which is where they go wrong in the first place.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
milk graal for all that it is worth

CHA CHING .

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Koni wrote an "ode" about this.
Heh, that's pretty kickass.

I won't say I'm addicted to graal. I'll say that i honestly have nothing better to do with my time.
Although with that said, i don't spend a hell of a lot of time on graal - the only server i play is GK, and in the 8 or so months of playing time i've only racked up like 700 hours. I think i spend more time per day browsing these forums than playing the game, actually o_O

I'm starting to drift away from graal now though. Since it's summer, and i've started trying to get into shape after four years deforming my spine in front of a computer screen, i go outside for an hour or two a day and just kick a football about, its fun doing kickups once you can do more than 5 XD
The only problem is what to do with the other 8 hours of my day? There is honestly nothing to do elsewhere, other than either go into town with my few remaining friends and wander about for hours, not doing anything much, or read a book which, although i do like books, gets tedious and i can't seem to do it for long during the day. Walking around town is ok every weekend or two, but i couldn't possibly do it every day, it would just become so annoying. I hate big crowded places like the town, filled with idiots, pikeys and shoppers who i'd probably disagree with on everything if i ever conversed with any of them. Walking through crowds just makes me sneer and writhe inside at the...nastyness of a big swarm of mindless people, going places for no real reason. Crazy o_O
Anyway, hopping off that tangent, yeah. I go out and play little football matches (SOCCER for you dumbasses who think that a game where you use your hands to move the ball should be called "Football") every once in a while, that'll probably be once or twice a week once the weather gets permanently nice and our exams finish next month. But yeah, I'm still in fairly bad shape and after a few of them my legs get real achey and stuff, so i sometimes have to say no =/
I also tried getting a gf, because its been so long, and it woulda given me something to do and someone to spend time with too, but that fell on its ass, from a great height, so no such luck getting away from my computer there.

*****, i've typed so damned much and im not even lying on the couch yet, i really shoulda been revising for this useless religious education test tomorrow but getting stuff off my chest is funner.

Anyway, yeah, anyone got any good ways of spending time outside, getting away from the computer screen and such? Do share plz XD

Oh yeah that's what else i was going to type. Back on the topic of graal in specifics, i'll probably not bother to reupgrade my account in september. I think i should really quit playing this silly game, considering what it's done to my life, my brain and my spine. Also i'll be doing A levels next year, and i probably wont even have time for this game.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:41 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Graal's like solitaire. It's always there. You can become dependant on it or not, but it's always there. It's not some soulsucking machine designed to steal your childhood from you, it's something to do during commercials and reruns when your friends are otherwise occupied and someone borrowed your car. Yes, it's always better to go out and live life when you can, but when you're committed to a night in, may as well be social about it.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 05-25-2004, 09:11 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
Zone was fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 05-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splke
Zone was fun.
It was addictive, but it wasnt that well made to be honest o_O
The menu and the item select stuff sucked a big one
As did the aiming system on the sniper rifle, and to a lesser extent, the minigun (god that gun was fun once i'd gotten it. i remember team mates that were new going "HOLY CRAP WTF IS THAT THING" o_O)
Old 05-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Zone will come back
Old 05-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
I always liked the hoverbikes
Old 05-25-2004, 08:00 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Zone will come back
Hah, I remember trying to convince you to put on the damned team chat thingy and you would just run off like a newbie :P
Old 05-26-2004, 02:44 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Graal is easy to get rid of... I never log on anymore, I just post on the forums really... You've just gotta find something better to do with your time... It's not that hard at all. 0.o;
Old 05-26-2004, 03:42 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
Graal is easy to get rid of... I never log on anymore, I just post on the forums really... You've just gotta find something better to do with your time... It's not that hard at all. 0.o;
Besides Graal Kingdoms, i don't really play Graal too.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Former Classic Staff
jake13jake will become famous soon enough
I honestly only play Graal because it's a cooler version of a chatroom... That and I also am trying to learn things artistically and mathematically through graphic design and programming in Graal. Other than that, I don't see why it would be so hard to stop playing... Especially if I went on a two week vacation to Europe when I decided to quit.