Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
Yeah, but those levels usally looks ****, mine doesn't.
I had like a few tile errors and a 'bad' house.
The difference between 4 and 4.5 is a lot. I used to give Wan's levels 8/10 or so and I thought and still think he's the best LAT on Graal...or was...he doesn't play anymore.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Damn you strict!
Will you give my level a 10/10?
Old 07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It doesn't matter. It is a rating that reflects someones opinion. You're not going to get everyone to like your levels, at least he gave you something to work with to correct and fix up. You see, personally I hate levels like the one you've designed and would rate it even lower... because I just don't like level designing like you have.

Oh, not to mention he rated the level on more than what he wrote about. He probably rates it on overall design, placement of objects, detailing, layout -- none of which he mentioned.
Hey kiddo, you're just trying to make me look bad. Wear your glasses and please, before you open your mouth read what I was referencing to.

I respect everyone opinion, I submitted my level here so people can judge it, and so that I can in the future improve my levels. Whether it's me, crono or wan... There is always something new to learn.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, someone's a little bitter?

Anyways, if I wanted to make you look bad, I would have. Matter of fact, I wasn't even replying to just you, but everyone who said it was too strict. I don't think any of what I said was negative in any way, and intentionally enlightening.

Lighten the **** up.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned
TheFisherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheFisherman
ur all fighting over a level...
4/10 heheheheh
Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I don't like the house and the green thingy you made on the left side looks like a butthole.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:28 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Hmm my rating:
8/10
-4 for being a jerk
-2 for acting pompous
-2 for bad talking Dusty without just cause
TOTAL: 0/10

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I can get into detail why I rated the level the way I did if you guys really want...
Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I can get into detail why I rated the level the way I did if you guys really want...
Yes?
I'd like to know
Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
You people are insane, I seriously do not get where you are coming from. It is completely ridiculous just to say "I hate that" If I asked you why you would probably say you didn't know. A food critic does not just say "Well I don't like pasta so I will give it a 2/10" He thinks about how everything was done and in perspective how things look. He thinks about it from the point of view of a person who likes paste.

By the way, I love how Dusty said Lighten the **** up. Is that hypocritical or is that just me? Thats kind of like telling someone to stop yelling while yelling at them.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
By the way, I love how Dusty said Lighten the **** up. Is that hypocritical or is that just me? Thats kind of like telling someone to stop yelling while yelling at them.
You assume I was anything but relaxed. Just the use of a curse does not mean I'm uptight, but merely emphasizing that he took things way too personally.

Would you rather I just throw insults around with no meaning, instead of actually providing a thought out post, with my opinions, that in no way insult the person but instead try to provide a little help?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Boys boys, calm down a bit. I'm working on an in-depth post as to why I rated it so low.

I'll post it when im finished, but for now stay cool.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:53 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
He thinks about it from the point of view of a person who likes paste.
I'd rather rate it bad than even begin to try to understand the mind of someone who eats paste.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Alright, I'm going to show you guys (in detail) why I rated this level low.

The Good

I like your grass styling with the grass on grass trailing along the grass on dirt/water to create a nice little elevation shape.

The Bad

First we start with the basics, spotting objects in the level I don't like. I will comment on the bottom at the end of these steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cherrytown1sc3-step1.PNG
Views:	96
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	45074

Now we spot any tile errors in the level. Tile errors are a big deal for me.

Name:	cherrytown1sc3-step2.PNG
Views:	108
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	45076

Odear, that's a lot of circles. I'll start by explaining the numbered points first.

1- I don't know why you made this, it's ugly and just a space filler. Ruins the area to be honest, I'd just add another tree near it and add some swamp around it or something.

2- I'm sorry but this is just AWFUL. I know you can do better than this Vima. I'm not good with housing but wow.

3- I used to connect my direction changes like this too, but as of 2007 or so I think it looks terrible and ruins any cliffing. It's a style Wan popularized years ago but before he quit Graal even he dumped it. This is how I think you should do it instead, it fixes the god damned side height and makes the cliff look more bulky. I included the waterfall to give you an idea of how you could get around that big tile error, it's not perfect (I rushed it and don't have much patience right now) but should show you what I mean.

Name:	cliffandwaterfall.png
Views:	86
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	45078

You have many errors along the cliff, which can be easily fixed.

The black on your cave door is the wrong shade of black.

The tree on the very top left looks like it has a small error on it.

The level in general doesn't really have much to offer in terms of eye candy. The detail is plain (as I said before) and dull. Detail is very important as it can make or break any level, regardless of fancy cliffing or stunning houses. I don't like your beach style but that can't really be helped, we all have our own touches.

This is why I gave it a 4.5/10, which is a moderate score coming from me.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
1- I don't know why you made this, it's ugly and just a space filler. Ruins the area to be honest, I'd just add another tree near it and add some swamp around it or something.
Yes, I agree that it's ugly and looks wierd. I just didn't want too much grass detail. I'll see if I can find something else to fill up the space.

Quote:
2- I'm sorry but this is just AWFUL. I know you can do better than this Vima. I'm not good with housing but wow.
I personally love the house, I know it's not one of my best houses, but I wanted the house to be original, tall. Kind of Townish feeling.

Quote:
You have many errors along the cliff, which can be easily fixed.
I agree, i'll fix them. I made the waterfall shorter just because I thought it would look ugly if it's too long back. I knew it had tileerrors.

Quote:
The black on your cave door is the wrong shade of black.
Only noticable if you have too much light on your screen. Not noticable when you have your screen setting set to normal. I personally don't think it's an tile error.

Quote:
The tree on the very top left looks like it has a small error on it.
Not an error, I could send you the whole level(s). The picture is actually 2 levels.

Quote:
The level in general doesn't really have much to offer in terms of eye candy. The detail is plain (as I said before) and dull. Detail is very important as it can make or break any level, regardless of fancy cliffing or stunning houses. I don't like your beach style but that can't really be helped, we all have our own touches.
Yeah, well it sure depends on how you see it, some people might think it's ugly/boring detail some people think it's perfect. We all have our diffrent taste.