Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 09:42 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
here's a picture of part of this thread on a monitor in the desert:

Old 06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
I am pretty sure it is illegal to have it on era due to age restrictions as you're promoting gambling to people under-age.
I'm just going to point out that it's only illegal if you are gambling with real currency.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:07 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I'm just going to point out that it's only illegal if you are gambling with real currency.
Promoting gambling to under aged people is also illegal i'm pretty sure.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I made a pretty penny off of betflipping, if I recall I got scammed of millions and with my last million that I was given back from the scam I betflipped my way to 15million +

Although I was one of the luckier ones, I do not advise betflipping at all but it's good to have there for people who want to stretch their luck after being down for so long.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:24 AM
lTBSl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lTBSl Send a message via MSN to lTBSl
I made 6 mil in the last day...I also have made 25 million in a day and then lost to tre and he got reset due to usding LOL
Old 06-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
In my experience on GK, these sort of wager games greatly improve the balance of the economy - it drives scarcity.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Especially since every time people betflip it takes money out of the economy.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
In my experience on GK, these sort of wager games greatly improve the balance of the economy - it drives scarcity.
2 players have 100k each.

They bet it all.

One player has 200k and the other has 0.

Has the balance improved?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
He said economy, not individual person.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
2 players have 100k each.

They bet it all.

One player has 200k and the other has 0.

Has the balance improved?
The economy, for general purposes on Graal, represents how fast a currency or valuable is created versus how quickly it is destroyed.

When this is disbalanced there is one of two extremes:
  1. Everyone is rich and everything costs a million dollars.
  2. There is an elite which is rich and most items are prohibitively expensive.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
The economy, for general purposes on Graal, represents how fast a currency or valuable is created versus how quickly it is destroyed.

When this is disbalanced there is one of two extremes:
  1. Everyone is rich and everything costs a million dollars.
  2. There is an elite which is rich and most items are prohibitively expensive.
In the case of Era, currency can be created infinitely at ever increasing rates due to various recent updates (money from kills, increased money from kills buff, even points from said kills, pawning, etc.) and level scaling on the default jobs such as mining/trash/flowers.

Meanwhile with players gaining money faster/easier there's virtually none or very limited (a few hundred dollars on a million dollar bet.. I even raised these fees without anyone knowing) outlets/ways of removal for all this which is created. Recently some of these even got removed:
-Shovels don't break anymore, and you get shells faster/can even use shell TNT...
-Taxes were removed on the player businesses, and people rarely buy individual ammo anymore (never from the more expensive NPC shops) with unlimited options.
-GRC isn't used anymore, people buy potions from the mall.
-Most misc. items you can get from quests in a few minutes, or just buy at the mall.
-Many more houses.. with less active playerbase making for less lockers/apartments required.
-Most new cars are coded with the option making them require no fuel. Skateboards no longer break.
-All the new melee options are indestructible. They got rid of the gun rental/ability to set bounties.

Just all these little nuisances that kept people in check at the few thousand dollar mark are too casual to even exist when players have millions.

So, given enough time.. you will always arrive at the first option in this case. That's why the money only goes up, and after every Reset we eventually reached the same climax of million dollar Mp5's. Though we've never really waited this long.. so you're at the point where some players can't even use the 'Withdraw All' option on ATMs since 3.74m or something is the maximum Gelats you can hold in the default Graal system. Fun right?
-----

Bet-flipping has a disclaimer when you enter, nobody summons them to the tables and locks them in blocks or anything... it's honestly fine.

Last edited by Supaman771; 06-06-2014 at 05:52 PM..
Old 06-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
In the case of Era, currency can be created infinitely at ever increasing rates
Yea, that's why there needs to be a balance. If it's easy to create money you need to make ways to easily spend money which are appealing to the masses.

If that's not possible it needs to be harder to make money or some rules (ie, bank fees) need to be implemented.

I've spoken to several managers - they all seem to believe it's reasonable that picking flowers or shells earns a player anywhere from 6,000-10,000 dollars per session. Hmm...
Old 06-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Quote:
I've spoken to several managers - they all seem to believe it's reasonable that picking flowers or shells earns a player anywhere from 6,000-10,000 dollars per session. Hmm...
Define session? To earn 10k from shells would take hours of work. I am also pretty sure picking flowers takes even longer.

It's not money making systems that's pumping millions into the economy. It's the money you get per kill and selling gang points. That's were most of the money is coming from.

We have some individuals who have sky high mining levels but i wouldn't worry about that to much. Not as much as gang points and the money you get from kills.

An ULMS, Gang ULMS or BH PK. I could easily walk away with 10k after them events. It's that high.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
everyone is rich on era nowadays. value of money is weak.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
everyone is rich on era nowadays. value of money is weak.
I wouldn't say everyone. I am certainly not rich anymore but the problem is, i can get rich if i want to because certain systems allow me to.

I still & always will disagree with putting every weapon into the shops. Now people don't have to overspend to get their weapons, they can get them much cheaper in stores. This allows money to be divided within the community between each player.

Let's face it, we aren't communist. We all shouldn't have the same guns, same money etc It's no fun that way.

The truth is. We need poor people trying to get rich & we need the rich trying to get richer. It's harsh but it works better.