Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 10:29 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Here's some advice to Stephane and Stefan.
If you're trying to make a game, and you want it to be a steady money-source for you/the creators, popular, and a GOOD game, you have to PAY SOME PEOPLE TO HELP!
I mean I know it's hard to trust people these days, but all you have to do is get a copyright, save a backup of all the source codes and scripts onto another, private computer, and hire some people. If you have no one being payed, what's the point? And what makes you think people will keep coming back with unprofessional, and even more, not-that-good content?
Stephane/Stefan, you really have to start thinking about the future, not the present. You think ONLY about the present. What happens when everyone finds Graal not worth their time anymore? What happens when there's only trials? What happens... what happens... what happens? You have to think about this a little more. If you have an advertisement campaign or a way to have people NOTICE Graal, and you have professionals or just even a way to give motivation to creators besides "oh, you can warp around and be staff!" Graal could actually be a great game.
Problem is, you don't listen to what players try to tell you. Maybe if you did and corrected the problem Graal could be better. Take this into consideration.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Feeds off hate :3 YUMMY~
Bracca is on a distinguished road
I have been playing graal for 4-5 years off and on every few weeks/months i leave because of some new thing they do that messes up the game and i loss interest. i invested a bit of money in graal over the past year on membership and gelats but because of the cost increase and change in membership purchase im not paying for anything anymore. ill go back 2 being a trial at the end of the month when my 1 year membership is over. There are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less players now than 3-4 years ago and the game is running the little they have left. really why is a class member only i understand cloths but classes...come on....

Like the post... hit the

Last edited by Bracca; 11-30-2008 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-30-2008, 11:04 AM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
I wouldnt say its dieing but the player count does seem very low.

Some people are saying it's because of school but I remember this time last year there were still over 90 on era alone and now its lucky to even get past 70.

But i dont know if id use the word dying
Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
School is not a valid reason for this decline.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
It's more like people are gettin less interested because of the economy
Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it that the only people really pushing the "GRAAL IS DEAD" crusade are the ones nobody really likes?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Why is it that the only people really pushing the "GRAAL IS DEAD" crusade are the ones nobody really likes?
Because the "body" you refer to, consisting of people who refuse to believe Graal needs to improve a whole lot more to reach a basic level of acceptable quality dislike the idea of admitting they're either wasting countless hours of their daily lives or that the work they're doing is for the purpose of saving a game rather than only improving it.

It is also worth noting that this "body" likely consists of no larger of a population than the people they are against as well as the 3rd party you fail to mention, which is worth praising the most; those who know Graal "needs saving" and work daily to do so. There are also members of your own "body" who, while refusing to believe the need to save the game, are doing great things to help the cause while they may simply think they're improving an already great game.

As for me... I just like to challenge my mind by tearing apart any fallacies I find in arguments of this forums. Not an easy task when people "win" arguments or end discussions with the least intelligent or reasonable reasons. Oh, and I like to think there will be something that interests me within gameplay... someday.

I'm also willing to accept that maybe I just "grew out" of Graal. But that would lead to a very simple question... "Is Graal fun for young adults and older teens?" (the people who can dish out money to support this game, more easily than the younger kids can)
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReaper0 View Post
School is not a valid reason for this decline.
Why not? I know that I'm developing and playing less because of school. I know that every year, people on Valikorlia leave for college and barely come on. Maybe you're either a burnout that doesn't care about school, or so smart that you don't have to apply yourself... but I know that my AP classes won't pass themselves.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:02 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Because the "body" you refer to, consisting of people who refuse to believe Graal needs to improve a whole lot more to reach a basic level of acceptable quality dislike the idea of admitting they're either wasting countless hours of their daily lives or that the work they're doing is for the purpose of saving a game rather than only improving it.

It is also worth noting that this "body" likely consists of no larger of a population than the people they are against as well as the 3rd party you fail to mention, which is worth praising the most; those who know Graal "needs saving" and work daily to do so. There are also members of your own "body" who, while refusing to believe the need to save the game, are doing great things to help the cause while they may simply think they're improving an already great game.

As for me... I just like to challenge my mind by tearing apart any fallacies I find in arguments of this forums. Not an easy task when people "win" arguments or end discussions with the least intelligent or reasonable reasons. Oh, and I like to think there will be something that interests me within gameplay... someday.

I'm also willing to accept that maybe I just "grew out" of Graal. But that would lead to a very simple question... "Is Graal fun for young adults and older teens?" (the people who can dish out money to support this game, more easily than the younger kids can)
God I love you
Old 12-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Retired Oldbie
grim_squeaker_x is on a distinguished road
Quote:
uh?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
because its dead to them
Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Listen, Graal died to me when Graal2001 died.

Consider the fact that we don't have Graal The Adventure, Graal2001, or any of the servers that used to be so great. Instead of them existing, they don't exist. They're not just going to pop up out of anywhere, either. We did a lot of work reviving Graal2001 multiple times. It's not going to just happen.

Graal is a case where I have extremely perplexing memories from the years ranging from 2000-2006. And by that I mean, in those wonderful years I had on Graal, I was constantly asking myself a question, "When is Graal going to die?", and this was a really crucial question for me!

Like, really, Graal is a real enigma. I've never experienced anything like it in my life. It struck me so fantastically that it definitely hypnotized me in those years. So a question of when will it end was a real brain buster.

Then one day Graal2001 basically died in my arms. I mean that in a literal sense. I spent as many days on that server as the only player as anyone possibly could have, that's for sure. Then we would get a revival going, and after so much time wishing I could see the map filled with little heads, it would happen! 300+ players on a dead server for a month straight.

And then it dies just as fast as it came back. This is the real fate of Graal.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:12 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Were they really that great, or are you just drunk with nostalgia?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
I agree with xXZiroXx on this one. We should be trying to complete our projects rather than moaning.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Since Graal is dead, let's stop posting and refrain from logging in again.
Closed Thread