Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Eranian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue View Post
Dont even get me started about era.

What about muskets or flintlock pistols? I dunno if they'd be allowed, but thought I'd throw the idea in
Ironyfest 2008.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Lies.
Mr_Blue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr_Blue
Isn't it about time for a new age?

Gunpowder would be wonderful.

Omg..I hate it when Gimp freezes and i forgot to save...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
LOL stefan married a whale...ridunkulous.
------------------------------
GK Templates
Contact Me:
AIM: MrBlueGK
Yahoo: lonegoth11
Old 04-19-2008, 02:50 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Arquebus would be fun.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:16 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
We've touched on primitive guns before, not many people were big on it. Why not a new crossbow?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't see why people always throw pistols out whenever it arises. There are cannons aren't there? Same technology, smaller package. I also can't think of many pirate stories/movies that didn't have them.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:42 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
That's what I said >:

But if a whole new type of weapon were to be added, limiting to one kingdom would be unfair. Let guns be "RP invented" on Gk first, and then after some plain, weak, primitive guns circulate throughout the server, Pirate "inventors" can create a custom gun.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
I wouldn't mind seeing guns on GK given the have short range capability and not fire endlessly. Also reload time would have to be quite extensive.

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 04-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
There will be no guns on GK.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
cannon = big gun
Old 04-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAzerothx View Post
cannon = big gun
Yes, and you're more than welcome to push one around and shoot at people.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Weren't cannons before guns though?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
I didn't say "gunz4gk pl0x." I'll gladly push around a cannon to shoot people with.

Cannons did come before guns. >.>
Old 04-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Equipping it "over" the current equipped items? That still makes belts, gloves, bracers, and boots useless now. They need some kind of stat
They don't need stats.
Each kingdom would be perfectly fine if this was organized so that they each had to submit 1 shield, helmet, body-armour, cloak, and weapon.
That's already plenty.

Also, you should note: The belts gloves, bracers, and boots are already useless for the stated purpose(s) of this project. (Well, maybe not useless, but definitly not very helpful compared to the other equipment; How are you supposed to walk around and say "Hey, I'm a Zormite. Can't you tell by my gloves?" Somone could be dumb enough to troll me and say "Show off on trade-tables." Go ahead. I dare you.)

On another note, I still think there should be a pirate pistol of some sorts on GK. With limited/balanced capabilities, it would be perfectly fine. With some careful designing it would fit right in. But who would script it (if you want balance, you have to be sure you trust the person will deliver)? Or rather, who CAN script a new GK weapon that's not just a clone of the others, but has its own mechanics to it? (I still don't understand how that stuff works... regarding GK and what people can develop on their own without access to stuff they can't acquire.)

Last edited by Ziro_of_the_Turks; 04-19-2008 at 06:00 PM..
Old 04-19-2008, 05:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
They're all useless without stats. There's no reason to equip them for looks, then immediately switch back to your uber armor after a few seconds. There needs to be some benefit to carrying it around.

Also, some Kingdoms don't even have their first armor set, why can't we get some now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
Also, you should note: The belts gloves, bracers, and boots are already useless for the stated purpose(s) of this project. (Well, maybe not useless, but definitly not very helpful compared to the other equipment; How are you supposed to walk around and say "Hey, I'm a Zormite. Can't you tell by my gloves?" Somone could be dumb enough to troll me and say "Show off on trade-tables." Go ahead. I dare you.)
This is true, but if we go by the original plan, the gloves, boots, etc, would have unique stats making them worth wearing.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Lies.
Mr_Blue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mr_Blue
Well, I designed it just for fun. Even if Stefan liked the idea, it could've been for all kingdoms.

But, in a way I think it would be pretty much useless except show, because if you think about how long it actually takes to load a flintlock pistol, all the pirates would be dead on GK.

Unless they carried 10 or so, but that brings us into the matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
LOL stefan married a whale...ridunkulous.
GK Templates
Contact Me:
AIM: MrBlueGK
Yahoo: lonegoth11