Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Level Administration Team
kabouter is on a distinguished road
Andros

First of all I want to say sorry for my bad english, I'm just not very good at it.

I'm here to advertise my playerworld, Its called Andros. Andros doesn't really have a selected genre. I'm trying to make Andros a Classic/Medieval server. At this moment R0bin and I are the only one in the development team. I do not want many people in this team because I don't want people to mess up my ideas . But I do need some people to help me with Andros. I have mde a list of what I currently need.

- Lat
1-2 people in Lat to help me tile the overworld.

- Gfx Team
2 people to make Graphics for Andros, we don't need much new Gfx but we do need some stuff.

- Scripting Team
2-3 people, We already have R0bin and thats great, but we do need more because R0bin can't do all the work on his own.

Well thats all we need for now, if your interested in Andros you can contact me on Aim or Msn. My msn is: [email protected], my aim is in my signature. Now i'll be showng some screenshots of Andros. If you look at the screenshots you might think.. Omg he stole this from Wan! Well thats not true, the map I use is made by Wan for his server but after I had some problems with my map he gave me his old one. So yes it was wan his old map.

Some info might be needed for the screenshots.
Screenshot 1 is the Andros map
Screenshot 2 is a level in the Start Town
Screenshot 3 is the Events House
Screenshot 4 is a outside level in Andros Screenshot 5 (the last one) is a Quest, if you look in the map you can see big castes these buildings and castles are Quests

Wel thats about it, I will be adding some new screenshots in the future if you people would like to see more about Andros.

- wuzel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalmap.png
Views:	204
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	29279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Andros7.png
Views:	203
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	29280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Andros6.png
Views:	191
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	29281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Andros4.png
Views:	189
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	29282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Andros3.png
Views:	205
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	29283  

Old 08-05-2004, 12:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Wans levels !

Good luck mang
Old 08-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Wans levels !

Good luck mang
Yeah A part of the overworld is tiled by Wan, but I thought I explained that ..?

Thanks...
Old 08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
G:R Manager
MaverickOriginal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MaverickOriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter
I
I'm trying to make Andros a Classic/Medieval server.
I guess that's fine, but if you are going to use a certain style such as that I highly suggest making more graphics such as a tileset and such.

Quote:
I
I do not want many people in this team because I don't want people to mess up my ideas .
All that really says to me is that you don't have control over your staff. The server is yours, it is your idea, and you need to stand for those ideas and make them happen without letting anyone interfere, that's part of what being a manager is.
Quote:
2 people to make Graphics for Andros, we don't need much new Gfx but we do need some stuff.
Just read what I said up there about graphics. Though they aren't the only thing that makes or breaks a server, they are continually becoming more important since players are slowly starting to associate the old tileset with negativity, and when servers such as G:R are released or close to, this will become more apparent to you.

I'm glad you gave some info on your server and some screens, but I just wanted to give my insight,
jobs// Sanstrata & Graal: Rebirth
Old 08-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Personally I hate this whole custom tileset fad thats popping up. It just means less skilled players needed for level making !
Old 08-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Quote:
Personally I hate this whole custom tileset fad thats popping up. It just means less skilled players needed for level making !
Not really, some servers need a custom tileset to fit a theme...

But the mid-evil servers, i think they're fine useing the pics1, and don't really think they need a new tileset. Yeah, less skilled Level Makers for the mid-evil servers like you said..

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 08-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Quote:
I totaly agree
Old 08-05-2004, 11:18 PM
G:R Manager
MaverickOriginal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MaverickOriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
But the mid-evil servers, i think they're fine useing the pics1, and don't really think they need a new tileset.
Yeah you're right, an event house made completely of leaves and waterfalls is totally medieval (notice the spelling). Why not make it interesting with medieval castles and moats and bridges?

EDIT: Excuse me, a "castle" for a quest made out of leaves.

Quote:
I totaly agree
I'm glad you guys like using a basically 12 year old tileset from a 1992 Zelda game (yeah, I know it's not exactly the same, but its pretty damn close). You should be supporting the growing of the development aspect of this game that should have happened over 4 years ago, using the old tileset and the old formula for servers will just give us more of the crap we have today, which is the same as the crap we had 3 years ago. It's not a "fad", it's a more advanced process of development.
jobs// Sanstrata & Graal: Rebirth
Old 08-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Eagle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickOriginal
Yeah you're right, an event house made completely of leaves and waterfalls is totally medieval (notice the spelling). Why not make it interesting with medieval castles and moats and bridges?
Yes, it can be medieval.. (yeah, i've mispelled it x.x..) As i've said, to fit a theme you may need a new tileset. If they carry out their theme strongly, they will need some to fit certaint aspects. But, if like all the other 95% of the playerworlds carry out the medieval appearence, then no, there is no need for a custom tileset. Why are you so against it? If that wasn't the default tileset, and someone just made that for a server, I would think it looks pretty damn good.

AIM : FCartman007
Old account - 190
Old 08-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickOriginal

EDIT: Excuse me, a "castle" for a quest made out of leaves.

I'm glad you guys like using a basically 12 year old tileset from a 1992 Zelda game (yeah, I know it's not exactly the same, but its pretty damn close). You should be supporting the growing of the development aspect of this game that should have happened over 4 years ago, using the old tileset and the old formula for servers will just give us more of the crap we have today, which is the same as the crap we had 3 years ago. It's not a "fad", it's a more advanced process of development.
I'm sorry but you probably don't know what you are talking about. Yes, why can a buidling made by leaves and waterfalls not be medieval, you have seen 4 screenshots and now you already have comments on how the server is. Yes I do not support the new development in Graal. Because most of the tilesets who are made by people are far from good. The tileset i'm using for my server (so the standard) is good, really good. You can do amazing things with it, look at that leaves house. I havn't seen that tiling work on any server. Like Crono says, it needs less skilled people for tiling. Maverickoriginal go shame yourself because the standard tileset is not crap, its probably the best tileset Graal has together with Oasis and Kingdoms, please stay on topic.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Maverick.. Before I flame your ass all over the forums, howcome your avatar looks like sprite work from oasis?

Quote:
I guess that's fine, but if you are going to use a certain style such as that I highly suggest making more graphics such as a tileset and such.
Ok, that is where you're wrong; many servers in the past have pulled off good storylines using the pics1 tileset. Fair enough it's a suggestion, but use your head.

Quote:
All that really says to me is that you don't have control over your staff. The server is yours, it is your idea, and you need to stand for those ideas and make them happen without letting anyone interfere, that's part of what being a manager is.
He dosn't have control over his staff because he hasn't got enough staff? shut up.. Look at 2k2, atleast 5 people have RC there and look how that turned out.. As part of manager, it's your duty to listen to people, so he's taking any ideas from staff even if they don't fit into the story line.. Atleast this way the staff will feel better and know they're being listend to..

Quote:
Just read what I said up there about graphics. Though they aren't the only thing that makes or breaks a server, they are continually becoming more important since players are slowly starting to associate the old tileset with negativity, and when servers such as G:R are released or close to, this will become more apparent to you.
Your server is like the rest. Give it a rest, no server as of yet has became public with a decent tileset- what makes you think yours will?
Players play the server, they don't stop playing because they see a tile error.. Look at UN, for instance ****ville (No offence to UN staff, NV I used as an example because I made it atleast 3 years ago).

Quote:
I'm glad you gave some info on your server and some screens, but I just wanted to give my insight
Why havn't you shown any screens and info from your server? scared that you'll get *****ed at like what you've done in this thread?

I'll finish this with a laugh, at your pathetic attempt to try and put down a perfectly good server.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Not really, some servers need a custom tileset to fit a theme...

But the mid-evil servers, i think they're fine useing the pics1, and don't really think they need a new tileset. Yeah, less skilled Level Makers for the mid-evil servers like you said..
If it's gonna be modern, the levels suck. If it's gonna be med-evil, graal's custom tiles are fine.

Maverick you're forgetting level STYLE. with pics1.png, its all about the style. Not getting some custom crap and using your newbie level skills to make them.

pics1.png does the job fine if you can use it. Look at Delteria, when it first came out I was very impressed because I got a modern feel with the pics1.png tileset.

Custom tiles are good and all but it gets annoying when the level makers are crap and they only make the custom tiles to fill up the empty gap which we call "skills"
Old 08-11-2004, 12:17 AM
OneStonedKittah
Pooka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If it's gonna be modern, the levels suck. If it's gonna be med-evil, graal's custom tiles are fine.

Maverick you're forgetting level STYLE. with pics1.png, its all about the style. Not getting some custom crap and using your newbie level skills to make them.

pics1.png does the job fine if you can use it. Look at Delteria, when it first came out I was very impressed because I got a modern feel with the pics1.png tileset.

Custom tiles are good and all but it gets annoying when the level makers are crap and they only make the custom tiles to fill up the empty gap which we call "skills"
Well said, but now can some other people start applying for levels? It's a beautiful server, but with only 2 people tiling (wuzel and myself, though I'm currently being "trialled" i think) it's awfully long and hard work