Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Ideas topic #234823478923

People whine because everything isn't fair... the fact that there is such a huge power difference between rich and poor people...
People wouldn't whine as much if there was a steady way to level without having to be rich... and they wouldn't want a reset if they can craft or find any item out there...

1. More static dungeons... 10 minute maps are no good because they are very expensive and you only get so many monsters per map... would take a hella long time but I would really like to see what scenery can be made(All the dungeons look the same and are VERY boring!)
2. Make most or all items obtainable through rare drops or crafting... could take anywhere from 2 days to 2 months to do depending on staff.

------------------------------------------------------------------

My idea for Level capping:
Level cap will be level 50
Players that are currently level 51 to 60 will keep their level.
Players that are currently level 61 to 70 will be put down to level 60 and have a choice to redistribute his/her experience points
Players that are currently level 71+ will be put down to level 60, have a choice to redistribute his/her experience points, and will be awarded a special cloak depending on their origional class. The cloaks are non-droppable and the title in the player's profile will be changed to player's appropriate choice(such as Warrior -> Paladin, or Thief -> Stalker, or Priest -> Bishop, etc etc)

Cloak of Tactics(str+1)(dex+1)(con+1)(int+1)(cha+1)(wc+1)(a c+1)
Cloak of War(str+3)(dex+1)(con+2)(ac+1)
Cloak of Thieves(dex+4)(cha+2)(stealth)(wc+2)(ac+1)(luck+5)
Cloak of Wizardry(int+2)(pow+2)(ac+1)(luck+1)(attuned: transferrance)
Cloak of Prayers(int+2)(wis+2)(ac+1)(luck+2)(attuned: restoration, wounding)
Cloak of Creators(int+4)(pow+1)(wis+1)(ac+1)(luck+3)(attune d: Transmutation, creation)

--------------------------------------------------------

Opinions are welcome, flames are not
Old 07-14-2004, 11:29 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
Your idea's always own.. I <3 you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 07-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
The level capping thing might be a good idea, but it won't happen...
Old 07-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Registered Victim
Borgie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Borgie
Yes, the lvl cap would solve the entire experience problem...
more dungeons are needed, everyone knows it, no one does anything =/
dungeons with monsters that are also a challenge to lvl 40s....
and yes, the good items wouldnt be unfair anymore if they would be obtainable again to newer players... but then there should be a LOT of rare stuff required... some avaiable thru crafting, drops, maybe mining/farming/fishing, alchemy, quests and so on... so that it WILL take some moths to get the really good equipment
Old 07-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Ed
Forts section:
Since there are some of you that are mad crazy about forts... here are some ideas for that... Fort Runes.
"Fort Rune"s are basicly enchantments placed on the fort... to aquire such runes, the king or someone with rights must purchase them with the kingdom funds and place them... they are placed where the flag is and is activated... some may have daily upkeeps and will drain more money from the kingdom's funds.

Rune of Structure - Gates and Siege Weapons have increased hit points. No upkeep
Rune of Infantry - Bestows a similiar effect to Heroism Potions(double click the rune when next to it). 250 Charges.
Rune of Escape - Double clicking of rune will send player back to home kingdom's castle. No Upkeep
Rune of Regeneration - Bestows Regeneration on members and allies that are within the fort. 500 platinum per day.
Rune of Thorns - Areas near the walls of the fort deal small physical and poison damage when touched. Lasts 1 day.
Rune of Supplies - Siege weapons have infinite ammo and repair costs are half. Lasts 1 day.
Rune of Darkness - Bestows darkness on enemies approaching the fort, forcing them to use torches(or Diancecht followers) to light their path.
Rune of Fire/Cold/Electricity/Missiles - Bestows attuned:fire/cold/electricity/missiles to defenders within the fort. No Upkeep.
Rune of Armor - Bestows level 50 armour spell. 300 charges.
Rune of Counterwall - Bestows Counterwall around the entire fort to prevent magic attacks. Lasts 1 hour.
Rune of Create Missile - Grants user arrows/bolts for use... 500 charges of 50 arrows/bolts.
Rune of Strong Winds - Fort slowly blows away enemies. Lasts 30 minutes.
Rune of Beasts - Constantly summons monsters to defend the fort. Lasts 2 hours.

I could make up a lot more but the list can go on forever.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:55 AM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
One thing. I like the cloak idea, but the alchemist's cloak should have some other stat rather than the attuned stuff. If the alchemist was smart (such as me ) they woulda kept their alchemist talisman which is already attuned tho that

5813... WHAT!
Old 07-24-2004, 03:18 AM
ezwider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke
People whine because everything isn't fair... the fact that there is such a huge power difference between rich and poor people...
People wouldn't whine as much if there was a steady way to level without having to be rich... and they wouldn't want a reset if they can craft or find any item out there...

1. More static dungeons... 10 minute maps are no good because they are very expensive and you only get so many monsters per map... would take a hella long time but I would really like to see what scenery can be made(All the dungeons look the same and are VERY boring!)
2. Make most or all items obtainable through rare drops or crafting... could take anywhere from 2 days to 2 months to do depending on staff.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldnt agree more. Add some ice, fire, forrest themed dungeons. Like actually make the floor ice and the walls ice. Not just some new ice monsters in the same ol brown dirt dungeon. Have a lord of the elemental type and he is like the boss of that room along with his lesser minions. And in these new dungeons have a system like the west haunted house dungeon where stuff drops after you clear the big room. Or it would also be cool if the monsters themselves had a rare chance to drop say monkey sandals or something.

I dislike the level cap idea though. The cloak would sell for like 200$ USD because low level players wont get them from the level cap.

My 22 cents.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Dehitay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dehitay
I have to disagree with most of that
I am completely against level capping
It punishes those that have actually made it up to the top and are still hard working (probly 0 people in this category)
The only reason I could see that would be reasonable excuse for level capping is the prevention of integer overflow

I'm not against new dungeons, but I have had absolutely no problem with maps
I am by no means "rich"
You can get level 1 maps or level 3 maps with the greatest of ease
buy those, do them, get exp, and get more maps in the process
It's the level 2 maps that annoy me for they give no other maps

As for making items available to everybody, I couldn't agree more (except in the case of kingdom items)
I think pretty much everything should be creatable using alchemy that you can't craft or buy
Just give them a 0.001 of success if they're really good
"This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal." ~Rules of Conduct
Old 07-24-2004, 04:41 AM
Ed
Dehitay, lets not add more to the endless list of alchemy items... I mean like how bow crafting is... there could be a very difficult quest that gives a scroll for the skill... Having one chance to learn it. Then being given this "Magical item crafting" skill... there would be a very difficult place to reach that has a place where you can craft a few of the items... maybe even several hidden places with different item crafting areas. Example being... to craft an ice dagger you would have to make your way to the back of the ice temple, find the "Icy Forge", and use it and hope you have enough int/mental/luck to craft it correctly... get what I'm trying to say?

ezwider, I'm sure it isn't hard to make them non-dropable... but it would be hard to make cloaks show on the character.

garglius, Yea... i think the Wizardry cloak and Creators cloak need Magic+... and the Creators cloak could maybe have Cha or Dex...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:02 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Wont happen, they wont even add this kinda stuff the Kingdoms. It's a shame how lazy they are.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Ed
Don't be so negative Gerami... I can tell you that several of my ideas over the times have been used. I just can't remember which ones anymore =P
Old 07-24-2004, 08:53 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterNuke
Don't be so negative Gerami... I can tell you that several of my ideas over the times have been used. I just can't remember which ones anymore =P
Oh I'm sorry, this one requires more levels and scripts to be made

You know, from what I've seen things are hardly done. ;
Old 07-26-2004, 05:26 AM
GTXOO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTXOO
Yeah these maps really ruined everything...
Make an open dungeon, that has good stuff you can get from monsters...
Seriously though, and no more haunted houses.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
I agree that we need open dungeons too. Say, some sort of desert area with bigworms. But, since everybody can come there, you'd rather have a map because that's a) more b) private c) no waiting for respawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Yeah, if there are to be dungeons and such with monsters in, you really need to make it BIG BIG BIG so that everybody can access the monsters.

If you look at places like the Trex lairs in the dungeons, and the lords, and the skeletons in the HH, there are reports all the time of people stealing kills and drops, because there just aren't enough monsters to go around O_O