Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally posted by narkotic

Cyrin, kiddo, I'd appreciate it if you showed a bit more respect as well and not call me boy again. If anything, the name is Norm, don't forget.
Yes i know, but you have this Samurai-ish name now, so i thought you'd be mad if i called you Norm because it was your CP name or stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Call me Excalibur please

And guys, scaming was said to be legal by Stefan many times, but bug abuse is not. If someone abuses a bug to get your items in a trading menu or at a trading table, let an Administrator know. He can check the logs and restore your item(s) and remove the item from the other person, and punish them.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by everyone
DORKS, ALL OF YOU! BUIWHAAAAa! *dives under a trapdoor in the stage and starts playing an old organ* damn this mask is itchy...

Anyway, yes. Scamming is not RPing in the least. Doing it by trade tables is most likely just like, pressing cancel then accept just before the other guy clicks accept (thus meaning your side is empty, so you trade nothing for their stuff), which is clicking buttons, not trading. You can't RP your things just magically vanishing but the other person still handing his over, he wouldn't do it in an IC situation. Not using the trade tables to trade isn't RPing either, because the thief ISNT AN RPER. Stealing things denotes taking another person's possessions without their willingness (and without them knowing, more often than not). In game, the way people scam you is for you to lay your items on the ground and they pick it up and run. If you call GIVING them your items (because you're too stupid to use trade tables) RPing, then, well, GO TO HELL* o_o

*No cyrin, you are not already in hell. You're in brussels, which is close, but no omlettes

Final note: People who get scammed have only themselves and the scammers to blame. They are themselves to blame for being too stupid to use trade tables, or to use them safely and carefully. The scammers are to blame because these scammers are lamers for taking advantage like that. Noone else is to blame, noone else should have to give a rat's tail about it other than the staff who should go and spank the scammer (if there is proof, of course).
Old 01-22-2004, 02:01 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Instead of saying "posted by everyone" say everyone except Excal.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
There could be a warning if people try to drop something valuable
'This item is of high value. If you want to give it to someone else then it's better to use secure trading - drop it on the other player to see the player-to-player trading menu, or go to one of the trading rooms and use the trade tables for exchanging items.'
Old 01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I agree, similar to the message "You don't want to put the house key into that chest" - but if I remember correctly, the sigil of thunder for example has a 'market value' of 0. How would the script determin what's valuable and what's not?

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 01-22-2004, 04:35 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
I agree, similar to the message "You don't want to put the house key into that chest" - but if I remember correctly, the sigil of thunder for example has a 'market value' of 0. How would the script determin what's valuable and what's not?
I would just say, give the message for everything, and have it so if you try and drop it a second time it will without question.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
Originally posted by Damix2
I would just say, give the message for everything, and have it so if you try and drop it a second time it will without question.
This can be annoying, though, if you're dropping boards, tree seeds and such - to the effect that people will ignore the message when it comes to the "real stuff".
How about a scamming-lessin as one of the starting tasks - the player gets a good item, but an NPC tries to scam him. This way, not only would the player be warned, she'd also be familiar with safetrade and trading tables in the game.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2004, 07:46 PM
narkotic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to narkotic
You'd have to fix the economy before adding something like that.

The prices for some valuable items have a broad range depending on where you buy them at times. Then the associated value for those items combined with the greed of players who charge well over 10x the perceived worth of the item to the game, you end up with it being difficult for a script to determine the value of the item when dropped and warning the player when they do attempt to drop it.

I'm not sure of what flags are on items and whatnot, but perhaps items that are event items could have a special flag (if they don't already) and the act of dropping an item would check for this flag and warn the player based on that.

I thought I heard mention of this before. It would assist players who are ignorant to the scamming and ability to use trade tables and the trade menu. Also, why limit it to event items either? Items from Gods and alchemy should also have this flag. Perhaps one that denotes a 'resource' style item (iron, wood, seeds, corn, etc), another that denotes a weapon, shield... oh wait, this is already done isn't it?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Elite Sheep
Relics can't be dropped or traded at all.
Also, it isn't a problem of the economy (although there are many) that some items are worth far more than their market valie. Take an event item which sells for 0 plats to the shop, but is unique and powerfull. You'd have to include certain categories, say event items and gems, but that'd only be a start. I'd say providing players with a lesson of both scamming and safe trading methods would help things...

Quote:
Old 01-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Majin_Mush is on a distinguished road
Thats a great idea Stefan..

Relics cannot be droped.. You will lose them when you will O.o
Old 01-24-2004, 04:28 AM
Still sane
Toxin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Toxin
What if you made it so you didnt need to go to a table, and could initiate a trade anywhere? such as if you wanted to trade with someone, you'd both go into a "trade mode", and have to be near eachother, then click on them (while in trade mode) to sorta request a trade, and then they click on you to accept (no messages sent, if you wanna trade, just click on eachother), and a window pops up if accepted, and you drop items into it, then you have the flags or buttons or whatever to click and boom, i dunno, just a thought.

Staff Position: Unemployed
Quote: "Flamers, Lamers, and Newbs! Oh my!" - Toxin
Old 01-24-2004, 04:46 AM
vashstyle is on a distinguished road
Re: If this goes on.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Majin_Mush
Like I said I don't like graal anymore if this will go on..
"You'll be missed!" - Randal Graves
Old 01-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Majin_Mush is on a distinguished road
Pretty good idea Toxin..
Or maybe.. Say something like..
/trade <itemname> to <Accountname> for <Amount>
Then the one who gets it has to confirm it.
By this you can't give it to the wrong account O.o
Old 01-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Elite Sheep
I think the idea of trading tables it good, and works fine. The only problem are players who get themselves scammed, and this can happen in any system.

Quote: