Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2004, 11:39 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

I still say the tree looks too similar, but eh well.. :P
Im goin to bed now.. i'll show you what i mean later with "copy paste" thing kk?

Good night..

Spanky: njuu.. i won't remove it.. or maybe i will but not now.. i can shade it better though :O

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Hey please, don't start the war again x-x
Old 01-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by osrs
Hey please, don't start the war again x-x
What war? Start? This was never over. He said he was going to change stuff yet he's still using the same trees and house tiles.

Maybe you're tired of hearing me complain about it. But I'm tired of people being tired about me complaining over something that is so blatantly obvious. :P

I'm sure Tyrial would like the "war" to be over. He's the one who is being "targeted". I hate to see the good terms that Tyrial and I have come to, be destroyed because I decided to once again, speak up about the obvious style copying. But I can't just sit back and smile as someone gains praise from work they didn't originally create.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:

What war? Start? This was never over. He said he was going to change stuff yet he's still using the same trees and house tiles.

Maybe you're tired of hearing me complain about it. But I'm tired of people being tired about me complaining over something that is so blatantly obvious. :P

I'm sure Tyrial would like the "war" to be over. He's the one who is being "targeted". I hate to see the good terms that Tyrial and I have come to, be destroyed because I decided to once again, speak up about the obvious style copying. But I can't just sit back and smile as someone gains praise from work they didn't originally create.
If you keep complaining, the "war" (you and Tyrial discussing) will never end.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by osrs

If you keep complaining, the "war" (you and Tyrial discussing) will never end.
Like I said, I'm not going to sit back and smile while I see someone getting credit for the designs that I made.

Tyrial insists that he doesn't "copy and paste" and I agree with him to that extent. He doesn't copy and paste, he copies and draws. He basically (and this is what he's said), looks at my graphics for "inspiration" and then draws his graphics.

It's flattering sure, but I think it's rather rude for him to sit here and flat out deny that his stuff looks like mine, and that he used my graphics as the base for his own.

If someone went and painted a mediocre version of the mona lisa, and claimed that they drew it from their own mind, and then everyone praised that person for their work, I think old Leonardo would be turning over in his grave.

I'm even going to demonstrate one more time by what I mean. I resized the screenshots by half. That is the only modification I made. If you glance at it, you'd think they were done by the same person, until you look closer and notice small differences. Differences that are too small to consider the graphics as "totally different".

edit:

- Inside floors, same style
- Inside wall border, same style
- House outside, same style
- Tree, same style
- Crate, same style, even stacked exactly the same
- GUI, same layout (two horizontal bars, one vertical one, same screen position, same bar positions)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	familiar.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	394.2 KB
ID:	27093  

Old 01-20-2004, 08:37 PM
TonyRivers is an unknown quantity at this point
They are completly alike except one is of much lower quality. Koni your graphics are ..original... so it is easy to tell that tyrial just saw some of your work and riped it.

Good luck getting him to change it because there is much worse cases of this going on. Graal x is a prime example: they are basicly a deformed CLONE of era yet the Global Graphics Team does nothing about these issues.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:04 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Quote:

Like I said, I'm not going to sit back and smile while I see someone getting credit for the designs that I made.

Tyrial insists that he doesn't "copy and paste" and I agree with him to that extent. He doesn't copy and paste, he copies and draws. He basically (and this is what he's said), looks at my graphics for "inspiration" and then draws his graphics.

It's flattering sure, but I think it's rather rude for him to sit here and flat out deny that his stuff looks like mine, and that he used my graphics as the base for his own.

If someone went and painted a mediocre version of the mona lisa, and claimed that they drew it from their own mind, and then everyone praised that person for their work, I think old Leonardo would be turning over in his grave.

I'm even going to demonstrate one more time by what I mean. I resized the screenshots by half. That is the only modification I made. If you glance at it, you'd think they were done by the same person, until you look closer and notice small differences. Differences that are too small to consider the graphics as "totally different".

edit:

- Inside floors, same style
- Tree, same style
- GUI, same layout (two horizontal bars, one vertical one, same screen position, same bar positions)
Konidias, don't start this again...

I did tell you, yes i was once mirroring your work because i liked your work.. but that stuff is gone.. what's remaining of that is the house.. and as i said in the first posts of the thread: Some stuff is there which will be removed and some which will be edited.

The tree will not be removed because i don't think it does look like yours.

I thought you were over this...

Edit:
Inside floors, same style

If i stole them from you, you stole them from NW... Don't tell me i steal something that was a COMMON thing.. alot of houes was and still is like that..

wow, same style.. i didn't even give it a style, i just made it 16x16 each tile so the walls wouldn't be thin as a feather.

This house will be edited/removed..

- Tree, same style
-_-
read my copy paste comment.

same style? Once again, you just tell this to me, you ignore Babylon, you ignore end of ages.. wow someone disslikes me..
Stacked teh same: JESUS CHRIST MAN! IT'S JUST A LEVEL.. I PUT THEM ONTOP OF EACHOTHER... HMM.. WHY IS YOUR CHARACTER IDLEING? OMG MY CHARACTER IS IDLEING THE SAME WAY!! THIEF!
Jesus.. i hope you got the point in this one.

Go ahead and make a gui be like this:

lBBBBBE.............................l
l.........................................l
l____________________ l

That don't look good.. the B and E is the bars.. it might look good south east corner, but i like it on the top.. don't blame me for that as almost everyone does that.

Same bar positisions: Ask Mykel, i put those bars together, they were seperate from the start, so i put em together and edited.

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-20-2004, 10:27 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
Honestly, I think that, if Adiard used a new house outside wall, and new treetop, I wouldn't think they were that similar...

I mean, the house insides don't look anything alike (past useing a similar style I suppose...) You can say the GUI is arranged the same, but does that really matter?

They might be in the same style... but lots of people use the same style as others... the only time I think it would cause any trouble, is if the graphics looked too much the same, like the treetop, and outside house wall... Other than those 2 things, I don't believe that his graphics would need to be edited from what they are now. (unless there are more similarities that were not shown in those screenshots)
Old 01-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by ETD
Honestly, I think that, if Adiard used a new house outside wall, and new treetop, I wouldn't think they were that similar...

I mean, the house insides don't look anything alike (past useing a similar style I suppose...) You can say the GUI is arranged the same, but does that really matter?

They might be in the same style... but lots of people use the same style as others... the only time I think it would cause any trouble, is if the graphics looked too much the same, like the treetop, and outside house wall... Other than those 2 things, I don't believe that his graphics would need to be edited from what they are now. (unless there are more similarities that were not shown in those screenshots)
I was only referring to the inside stuff as an example of how it's more than just one thing that is similar.

It would be one thing if that's all I was pointing out, since yeah, I know that wood floors and stuff have been done before... It just ties in with everything else that's there.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:49 PM
deman1171 is on a distinguished road
Hmm, i have seen that gui somewhere before
Old 01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Old Bee
Tyrial, there is no point in trying to justify your graphics. There are virtually hundreds of ways to draw a: crate, tree, roof, wall, floor, etc

Why are all your ways so similar to mine? What are the odds, that two people, have the same exact style, on the same game, on different playerworlds?

My graphics don't look like 99% of the games on the market, and even if one looks remotely similar to some other graphic, then it's just ONE thing. It's not everything. Seriously... you're telling me if you looked at that picture I posted of our screenshots side by side, and you were looking from about a foot away from the monitor, that they don't look like the same thing.

The trees are one of the biggest giveaways. The trees, and the houses stand out from all the rest.

I'm sorry if you get so worked up about it, but we've talked about it before, and you said you were going to change stuff. I figured you meant the house and tree. If those two things changed, I would never bother you about them again.

The thing I, and I'm certain that other people notice, is the fact that your graphics are all different styles. Some of the tiles are different styles than the bigger graphics, and they are all just mixed around into one big melting pot.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:08 AM
deman1171 is on a distinguished road
He also stole some of Emi's water tiles.
She kept on saying I HATE HIM when i mentioned adiarde o.o
Old 01-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I see barely any similarities between the indoor tiles.
Maybe the chairs, and that is at the very most.

Outside... I think everyone can tell for themselves.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Level Maker
Genesis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by deman1171
He also stole some of Emi's water tiles.
She kept on saying I HATE HIM when i mentioned adiarde o.o
dude ur a weirdo
Old 01-21-2004, 04:25 AM
A Logic Bot
Judge_S is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Judge_S Send a message via AIM to Judge_S Send a message via MSN to Judge_S
Quote:
The trees are one of the biggest giveaways. The trees, and the houses stand out from all the rest.
No. Those are the only things that stand out. The house insides aren't even similar to yours, so don't start on that.

You brought up this argument again, for what reason? What do you have to gain? I used to think you had a point, but now I believe that you're looking for a fight. It's graphics. It's two, simple, graphics.
Konidias, grow up. You're acting childish and selfish over a single simple thing.