Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2003, 03:12 AM
Shadow
DragonX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX
Quote:
Originally posted by Locke_boy

Why would I be looking for power? The only reason I'd be looking for power would be to abuse it, and that's not something that I'd do. All I want is to be able to help people out more and make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Is that truly such a horrible thing to want?
Wanting something and pestering to get something are 2 different things. You keep saying you want to help people, then help them, you don't need powers to help people. There should never be restores, I've played since the beginning and I've never needed a restore (except one time when I put too many things into my war axe, but you could actually see that it had too much and so it got restored to where I could use it). People say they lose things, etc. I think everyone just lies to get stuff, I've never lost EXP out of nowhere, ever. Everyone that asks for a restore is most likely, lying and wanting free items, unless they can 100% prove that they aren't.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:52 AM
Dead
Locke_boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Locke_boy Send a message via AIM to Locke_boy
Quote:
Originally posted by DragonX

Wanting something and pestering to get something are 2 different things. You keep saying you want to help people, then help them, you don't need powers to help people. There should never be restores, I've played since the beginning and I've never needed a restore (except one time when I put too many things into my war axe, but you could actually see that it had too much and so it got restored to where I could use it). People say they lose things, etc. I think everyone just lies to get stuff, I've never lost EXP out of nowhere, ever. Everyone that asks for a restore is most likely, lying and wanting free items, unless they can 100% prove that they aren't.
To be honest, I think you're too jaded to understand where I am coming from. I'm not going to constantly explain myself. -_-
Old 06-05-2003, 04:55 AM
Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Personally, I wouldn't give Locke a job such as this. Regardless of whether or not I trust his honor, I certainly don't trust his judgement.
Yes, I can understand why you would not trust my judgement. I have made some foolish choices in the past.

.. but judging someone solely on what they have done and not on what they have the potential to do .. is unfair, I think.

I've gotten to the point where I won't even take the simplest risk. A close friend of mine asked to borrow one of my magic rings, and I said "No". It's not that I don't trust him in particular, it's that I have difficulty trusting anyone. I don't really think that my judgement is much of an issue, if one at all, anymore.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:27 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally posted by MedievalSmurf

No disrespect zell, tyhm has good reasons not to like you; you are an ASS and one of the most irritating people that uses the graalonline forum. Leave Stefan alone, he has too much work to do, then to take crap from you.

Lighten up zell, graal is only a game.
Hey, you are pretty smart. It is just a game. I know that, it's about time you realized that. However, I pay for this game, and GK is not a "beta" or testing server no longer, and it should have the staff to support the community.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Personally I wouldn't have locke do this job, not because of lack of trust or integrety issues, simply because of the fact that editing mudlibs requires extreme knowledge of mudlibs and how they work. One simple mistake can completelly destroy the account and/or kill the npc server.

I would maybe help out if stefan would give me rights to do so but I don't really want to listen to people complain to me, I had enough hardships while being the head figure for EMs to make me glad that I don't currently play.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:03 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Re: There are no staff on GK to meet the demands of the players

Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
I have been waiting over 3 weeks for a restore, some people over a month or two, or even longer, like Ed and Rahz. I think that stefan should start making one day of the week where he is on for a few hours to JUST restore accounts and talk to players. If not, then hire someone that will do the job, and not be corrupt and give themselfs stuff or their friends.
The hard part is obviously finding someone who fits the criteria:

-someone stefan trusts
-someone who has knowledge in the area
-someone who can deal with all those people complaining
-someone who would be fair

few people fall into that category.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 06-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
*High fives DX and Jagen then walks away*
Enough said.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Dead
Forget it.

Have fun looking for people willing to help, you just lost one.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
.. but judging someone solely on what they have done and not on what they have the potential to do .. is unfair, I think.

Here's a radical idea for ya: The things you've done in the past imply things about your character, and thus about the things you'll do in the future.

Quote:
I don't really think that my judgement is much of an issue, if one at all, anymore.
And I don't think you know what I mean when I say that I doubt your judgement. To be specific: I think you would restore too many people without fully considering their situations.

Quote:
Have fun looking for people willing to help, you just lost one.
As usual, I'm sure he'll be back. But these tantrums hardly put him in a good light as a potential staff member.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Re: Re: There are no staff on GK to meet the demands of the players

Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng

The hard part is obviously finding someone who fits the criteria:

few people fall into that category.
Lemme add on to that:
-someone stefan trusts
-someone who won't be corrupt
-someone who would actually do the job
-someone who will do their job professionally
-someone other than lockeboy

I think that about sums it up.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 06-05-2003, 12:38 PM
I am the trap
Shiftk03- will become famous soon enough
I suggest Hero Mcdohl(sp?) come back and be givin the job. After hes done being corrupt, he can make a thread and complain about himself
Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Dead
Re: Re: Re: There are no staff on GK to meet the demands of the players

No, you know, I've realized something. I don't have much of a problem with Graal. It's the forums. Every forum I've ever been a part of has people like this. I'm not going to stick around to read over your bombastic crap anymore. I'll stick around for Graal, perhaps, but I am not returning to the forums. I'm really sick of you people. You need to take a look at yourself sometime, and see what it is that you are doing. Most of you here dedicate nearly all of your time on these forums to putting down others in some form or another... is that really worthwhile? Well, whatever... that's all for me here .. I'll be on GK of course, but not here, no .. I'm just so sick of this .. I give ideas, I try to be good, but you people just shoot me down every time. Just put yourself in my shoes, and think how you'd feel. Yeah, but, that doesn't matter. None of this post matters. You'll just laugh at me and continue on joking about how *****ic and pathetic I am.

Good-bye, Graal Forums
Old 06-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
You'll be back tomorrow Locke. I don't know why you keep quitting, oh I think it's 4 times now. :o
Old 06-05-2003, 05:41 PM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

Lemme add on to that:
-someone stefan trusts
-someone who won't be corrupt
-someone who would actually do the job
-someone who will do their job professionally
-someone other than lockeboy

I think that about sums it up.
I almost fit into that :P except I don't know much about mudlibs and I don't know if Stefan trusts me.

Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
You'll be back tomorrow Locke. I don't know why you keep quitting, oh I think it's 4 times now. :o
He's not quitting, he's just deciding not to read the forums.

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 06-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Re: Re: Re: Re: There are no staff on GK to meet the demands of the players

Quote:
No, you know, I've realized something. I don't have much of a problem with Graal. It's the forums. Every forum I've ever been a part of has people like this. I'm not going to stick around to read over your bombastic crap anymore. I'll stick around for Graal, perhaps, but I am not returning to the forums. I'm really sick of you people. You need to take a look at yourself sometime, and see what it is that you are doing. Most of you here dedicate nearly all of your time on these forums to putting down others in some form or another... is that really worthwhile? Well, whatever... that's all for me here .. I'll be on GK of course, but not here, no .. I'm just so sick of this .. I give ideas, I try to be good, but you people just shoot me down every time. Just put yourself in my shoes, and think how you'd feel. Yeah, but, that doesn't matter. None of this post matters. You'll just laugh at me and continue on joking about how *****ic and pathetic I am.

Good-bye, Graal Forums
Rant rant rant... You know, I might actually care, but you really don't seem to grasp reality here. I mean, this is life, and in life... a lot of the time, people are jerks. We don't dedicate time on the forums in order to put down other people, you're just not apathetic enough.

You shouldn't care what we think, or what we say. This is exactly why you would not make a good admin/staff person. You let people get to you, and in turn, that leads to corruption, and abuse of power.

Scenario:
Some guy on GK pisses you off beyond belief, so you use your account editing powers to take away all his good stuff.

If you can't even handle some comments on the forums, there's no chance in hell you're going to be able to handle the crap that GK players will dish out at you. Trust me, I had the job, and it's not a walk in the park. I just don't think you have it in you right now. You know, the apathy I mean.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!