Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Banned
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Send a message via AIM to Nemesis
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu
No, I don't think he can remove me. He can't really do anything to my account in that guild. As soon as I find my password I will go give leadership to him.
Talk to me about a password change
Old 05-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

One question. What are you talking about. You ramble beyond words. There wasnt a issue about us asking for more power.... Also we never asked to be part of the PWA. Any rights beyoung what you do? Who do? We are given rights by managers not you. We want more? We never asked any one for more power. I mean come on Nemesis do you even look when you type? I know thinking is outta the question. And whats not part of our job?. Someone please fill me in on what hes talking about
PWA: Its in a private forum where Kai did that
Yes he does look, its just everyone else hasn't see what Kai wrote in the forums, and wont, as its private. And I can tell you what he means by whats not part of your job. The GST will not be reviewing PWs before they get put online, like Kai so wants.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
Nice way to handle the situation.
Nice way to totally misinterpret a message.

Quote:
And to answer, no GST will not be a part of the PWA
You think we want to be? Why on earth would we want to work under you? Nobody here said that we were part of the PWA, anyway.

Quote:
nor have any rights beyond what you do.
We don't want rights, Nemesis. Though it may be a shock for you, not everybody is in this deal just to get power. All I have ever said is that the GST's assistance would greatly improve the playerworld evaluation process. We don't need powers for that, we don't need rights. We just need the cooperation of the PWA, however unlikely your childishness is making that seem.

Quote:
you are given a taste of a little bit of responsibility and power, and boom you want more..and more...
Hah, this is unbelievable. You accuse us of power hunger? The whole reason you've opposed the GST from the start is that we take some power away from you. Suddenly you're not the big cheese anymore because there's another group that you don't control, and boom! Whining, yelling and forum hate campaigns. You tried to take ownership of us but, when that failed, you just went back to hating us again. And you accuse us of power hunger?

Quote:
it is NOT part of your job..do not attempt to make it so, because you are what you are...scripters so stick to it or quit and allow others who want to do just that...
Don't be an idiot, scripts are an integral part of any playerworld. If they are to be evaluated then it would be *****ic to ignore the quality of their scripting. And oh, wow, there's a team made specifically for evaluating scripts. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that we are the best people for doing that part of the job, but your petulance stands in the way.

Spark, don't misrepresent me. It's not about wanting to review playerworlds, it's about wanting to provide the best use of our skills to GraalOnline. And applying our expertise to the reviewing of playerworlds is a part of that.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:13 PM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Ouch, I'm really torn here. I agree with Kai mostly on this, but then again Nem is my friend and he's a good guy and I don't agree to his bashing here =/

ANYWAYS:
We don't WANT to be associated with the PWA. Granted we need to somehow have middle ground here, but we are seperate totally. PWA has their job at reviewing and making sure everything is good and all, that's not our job. Ours is to check scripts, make sure that they are working to their fullest potential. What good do scripts do if they lag the server up and are inefficient =/ Most of the time the scripters don't even realize they're messing up, that is what we're here for.

Why do I WANT rights? It may surprising to you, but we have a global level ONE rc, and most of the servers give us generous rights. They trust us, and they look to us when they see trouble, it's about gratitude. To me, I don't care what rights a server gives me, as long as I can work. But when a server says "You're doing a good job, here's more rights" it doesn't really matter much, but it shows that they like what we're doing and appreciate us. I really could care less if I had a global level5. I just want to script and fix scripts, as we all do.

We're not power hungy >.< We have a responsibility to the players, to Stefan, and to the playerworlds. We take it seriously and make sure that things get done.

Scripts, in my opinion, are one of the bigger parts of a playerworld. Yes yes, having nice levels and good graphics is nice, but without the scripts, you've got a pretty barren server, and most of the people that have EVER done PWA don't really know HOW to script =/ Why would it hurt to let us take a look??

Also, I'm tired of people slandering us and "We're afraid you'll steal our NPC's". Seriously, no offense, but why would we WANT your NPCs? 1, you can't use stolen NPCs. 2, what would we gain? 3, we could probably script better than majority of your NPC's anyways, so it would defeat the point. 4, we're actually pretty honest people. Stefan is very under-trusting sometimes, but he trusts us enough to let us do our job, why can't others?
---Shifter
Old 05-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis

Nice way to handle the situation.

And to answer, no GST will not be a part of the PWA, nor have any rights beyond what you do. Exactly what is thought out, you are given a taste of a little bit of responsibility and power, and boom you want more..and more...it is NOT part of your job..do not attempt to make it so, because you are what you are...scripters so stick to it or quit and allow others who want to do just that...
You seem to imply that scripters/scripting are unimportant. I dislike this implication.

Our job is to check scripts for optimization/errors; however since the vast majority of us are quite active and online quite a bit, so that some of the servers decided to trust us with some additional rights to help out with certain things. For example, Era gave me the banning right so that I could ban any trainer users I witnessed. I happen to play on Era a bit more than on other servers, so this makes sense both to me and to the staff there.

However, it appears to me that you have a problem with something like that? If that is the case, please explain the problem you have with it.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 05-25-2003, 02:15 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Servers must decide for themselves what rights to give. I heard a PW gave a GST member lvl 4 rights, personally I think this is irresponsible of a PW to do that. It's nice they trust this person to that extreme but that is somewhat extreme to give a non-Staff member those kinds of rights. I haven't had any problem with any GTS Member that has worked on Npulse and I really don't expect any. I give them whatever rights they need to fix an issue but this does not include rights they don't need like banning rights. If another PW does that is there ball of wax but people who have banning rights to Npulse have been with the server for some time and have been "TRAINED" on the RC and Graal rules and how to implement them (at least 30 days of training). We will not give those kinds of rights for that reason. I applaud the GST and what they are doing and I think as far as I know they are doing a good service to Graal. All a PW has to do is use common sense when giving out rights. I will add that no member of that team as of yet has asked for anything improper, in fact if they even ask for anything it is very little and only has to do with what they have to do. Tseng and Jagen are the only 2 have been on and work with us so far that I am aware of anyway. From what they have done and their conduct on our PW I have the greatest respect for their Professional conduct they have shown. My hats off to both of them!

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 05-25-2003, 02:35 AM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
The problem here is that the pwa is good at judging playerwolrds but not always good at being a Graal scripting judge. Now Nemesis might feel that the gst is somehow threating the pwa. What we need is for the pwa and gst to work togeather. Once a playerwolrd gos through the pwa I think it should be that the scripts are judged and fixed by the gst. Also what facts do you bace your statement that the gst is power hungery Nemesis? Just because Project shifter asked for rights on 1 server?? Also when I finsh my server Ill be happy to have Kaimetsu look over my scripts and fix them for me.

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:53 AM
A relic of the past
TifaKhan is on a distinguished road
Its very easy to misinterpret someones post, i'm not exactly sure why, but it's been done to me a lot of times, and i've been accused of saying things that i didnt mean.
People seriously need to stop and think.
Because when i read Nemesis post, to me i thought he was referring to how members of the scripting team had logged on servers (more than one) and practically demanding rights saying other playerworlds had given them to them.
A lot of bad feelings could be stopped if someone would just say, what exactly did you mean?

You have so much potential in your life, take this chance to enjoy your last few months on Doomsday, but then move on.

I know you're attached to Graal, but this latest thing should be too much even for you. As a past owner of Doomsday, I believe I express the wishes of everyone who has ever owned Doomsday in saying what I have said.

By the way, you should be Knighted for services to Doomsday. You've done more than the rest of us Owners ever did.

Baraka Khan
Old 05-25-2003, 03:29 AM
Kill Pirates
SingleChance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Projectshifter
Scripts, in my opinion, are one of the bigger parts of a playerworld. Yes yes, having nice levels and good graphics is nice, but without the scripts, you've got a pretty barren server, and most of the people that have EVER done PWA don't really know HOW to script =/ Why would it hurt to let us take a look??
the pwa does not need to know HOW to script in order to decide if the scripts are fun and interesting.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally posted by SingleChance
the pwa does not need to know HOW to script in order to decide if the scripts are fun and interesting.
How fun and interesting the scripts are is not the only consideration. Other issues are: Resource consumption, bandwidth use, security etc. These are important factors that should not be ignored.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Kill Pirates
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

How fun and interesting the scripts are is not the only consideration. Other issues are: Resource consumption, bandwidth use, security etc. These are important factors that should not be ignored.
But those things can always be checked by the GST when/if a server gets passed and goes private to test their npc's before going public.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:

But those things can always be checked by the GST when/if a server gets passed and goes private to test their npc's before going public.
That doesn't make much sense. Test them early and test them often. That way you can locate and fix problems which will require a PW less time online in private.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Good idea! And hey, why not test everything after it's been made private? We'll just upload any new playerworld we recieve and then worry about testing it later! =D

Sarcasm, yo.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:

Good idea! And hey, why not test everything after it's been made private? We'll just upload any new playerworld we recieve and then worry about testing it later! =D

Sarcasm, yo.
I win
Old 05-25-2003, 08:17 AM
Kill Pirates
Quote:

Sarcasm, yo.
yep i can see the sarcasm. lol
I'm not saying pass every playerworld, i'm just saying instead of reviewing scripts on servers that might not even pass the reviews is a waste of time whereas if the gst waits till the server is private they can just go on and over look the scripting.
Meh...make's no difference either way i guess.