Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Okay, a lot has been said, but this is what I think should be done:

No, we won't release information about under construction servers to anyone. We won't come on here tomorrow and say "well I was just on shifting ages lolo here are some screenshots" and post pages full of them, nor will we post detailed information about quests, levels, NPC's etc. We respect that you you want keep everything secret and not let the ideas get leaked out so others can capitalize on them or start making speculations.

However, what I have seen in the past is that a lot of these playerworlds that have gone private will go up, then just take their sweet time, accomplishing almost nothing up until the point where all development is at a complete standstill for months for no valid reason. It could have been because the manager slacked off, or they lost interest and are using Graal's server space as a pet project. Some UC PW's even host others' projects and let them use their private server for their own enjoyment. This is what we are trying to put an end to.

I proposed the idea to Stefan a while ago that maybe once a month we go onto these private servers and ask the managers/developers "Okay, it's been a month, what progress have you made?" If they explain what they have done, and maybe show a couple things (they are not obligated to show us everything, but we'd like some proof of development) then we are happy and will say "Okay, thanks, see you in a month". If the server has done 2 levels and created a new idea in a months time, then this is a cause for concern. If we come back the next month and they've made only 2 more NPC's and another level, then we will suggest the removal of this playerworld. We can't have servers taking, literally, one year to finish a small island which will be the preview of their "bigger and better playerworld", only to have it removed AGAIN and put to private.

Stefan is a busy guy, he cannot keep tabs on every single server and their development on a regular basis. I remember him telling me he wanted all private servers released within a couple months. This was last year, back in October/November. Look now. Half the servers on the playerworld list are under construction. A lot aren't complete. All we want to do is see what you've been doing, how you are going, so we know if you're actually trying or are just messing around. That is all.