Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Elven Pride
aylad is on a distinguished road
Conquerors and Warmongers, please read

I think it's great that the Kingdoms are constantly changing with respect to political status and such...... and I think the leaders are mostly doing good jobs with keeping these things RP. But I have a request.......

Just taking as an example (one among many), Samurai's invasion of Astri.... I'm not picking on Samurai, they're just the most recent situation that this applies to...... when a planned invasion is agreed upon by both sides, and it's agreed that the invasion will be RP, I wish both sides would schedule it and announce it on the forums so that all kingdom members who wish to would have a chance to defend their homeland.

I think this would be more RPish, because I know if my homeland is being invaded I'll want to help defend it. Right? I mean, surprise attacks are one thing, but planned, RP invasions would be more fun if the defender could get more forces together. And you have to admit, it's pretty anti-climactic when you post of your victory and somewhere in the post, you mention that your army of 12 or so fought and defeated, um........ one or two defenders.

Advantages of announcing it:
  • More fun
    More kingdom-member involvement
    More RPish
    More glory for the winner

Don't ask more than once, k?

GK Guides
Old 01-04-2003, 09:25 PM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
I agree with the diea here, jsut the thing on forums may take a tad bit long, however, messaging the kingdom leader and setting up an amount of time until you are going to invade is pretty good. When some rogue Samurai invaded Zormite a few weeks ago without authorization from the Shogun they still RP'd well, anounced it, "In ten minutes an invasion force will be sent" and when some members used the bell, they were reprimanded and they redid the invasion RP on a boat.

At least giving a few minutes gives the people online time to do /ksay and get people on tag if they are off, call some people on AIM maybe etc.

And yes, even though it'd make it a long wait, sometimes the forums might be a good thing to post preinvastion.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:58 PM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
Kingdom wars can be very imbalanced with attacks always being stronger than defense, because attackers can attack whenever they want and whenever they have strong numbers, but defenders cannot always be ready to defend and available online.

One problem, though is how to enforce RP standards?

Perhaps there can be two standards, one for raids, and one for seiges, where by RP standards, seiges must be announced and only from seiges can an attack result in the fall of a Kingdom or demands be placed on the hapless vanquished defenders.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
A Automated Alert System would be good for this sorta deal
so whenever a enemy kingdom members are in your kingdom's area You get a message saying that your Homeland is being invaded.

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:04 PM
Crovax_Dark_Lord is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Crovax_Dark_Lord Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax_Dark_Lord
Hopefully some europeans may get a chance to fight also... unlikely however... I seem to be there for the battles start and half-way through I must leave from time constraints...
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45596
Old 01-06-2003, 06:01 AM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
I guess this should go in the 'future improvement' section, but it would be nice if you could have NPC characters that you could hire as sentrys, watchmen, who can toguild when people from enemy kingdoms arrive on land, or when someone in their view range starts to destroy ships or buildings (RPing or not).

They'd have to be paid of course, and would be for warning instead of defending.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:38 AM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate
A Automated Alert System would be good for this sorta deal
so whenever a enemy kingdom members are in your kingdom's area You get a message saying that your Homeland is being invaded.
MAybe it could give you a message when 5 or more people of a different kingdom come on your island on kingdom mode, and it could tell you that you're being invaded and you can say /defend or something to get warped to your castle and be put on kingdom mode, saves time having to prepare and get all your members together who are online

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu
Old 01-07-2003, 02:15 AM
Elven Pride
aylad is on a distinguished road
Interesting responses here, I just want to say about raids: of course not ALL attacks would (or should) be pre-announced. But surprise attacks wouldn't be recognized as conquering the defender, because that should only be done through RP.

In other words, I agree with busyrobot about raids.

Don't ask more than once, k?

GK Guides