Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2002, 06:41 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Hey I have an idea!

How about we get a new PW admin team that isn't busy or always ignoring you? :|

I hope when the new pw system comes out next year, it will have a new team or at least a team that is active, and they will check content for servers wanting to be online, and servers ALREADY online. So that if at any point in time, the server fails to meet a requirement or steals another servers work, or breaks some rule, then it will be shut down.

You can't expect playerworlds to magically become better and organized when the administration isn't either.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 12-29-2002, 06:46 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Oh hey. Here's an idea. How about higher administrators that are easier to get in touch with? It's a bit hard to do anything when people tell you "I want to speak with Nemesis or Stefan/Unixmad." before they want to listen to you.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:54 AM
Old Bee
There needs to be a playerworld admin staff forum or something where you can communicate with stefan/unix/nemesis then. It would be better than nothing I would imagine.

Old 12-29-2002, 06:58 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
There needs to be a playerworld admin staff forum or something where you can communicate with stefan/unix/nemesis then. It would be better than nothing I would imagine.
Oh gee. You remember that Playerworld Managers forum you took from me? That was it.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Banned
RTelvecho is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RTelvecho
lol pw admins review fast its the part of getting the pws up (high admins)
Old 12-29-2002, 08:27 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Konidias, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. How many times have I asked Stefan to review this and review that, only for him to tell me "sorry I am busy x-x" or "Sorry don't have the time". I'm trying ok, but I can't spend 8 hours a day online convincing Stefan to do things he couldn't give a flying **** about. You got paid to do that, well, you did, until you decided to not offer your services anymore because they didn't dish out how many hundreds of dollars a month for your efforts. As for online material, I told Stefan that these servers need to be shut down because they have NOTHING, and instead, he decided to create this magically cool system of hiding the servers and making it so that you have to type out the server name instead of removing servers for good as to avoid anyones feelings being hurt. I knew about that before you did. Nemesis tries too, but he is kept being ignored by Unixmad all the time. They are reluctant to do anything, no fancy new system will change the current situation.

There. You can't delete that.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:07 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Konidias, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. How many times have I asked Stefan to review this and review that, only for him to tell me "sorry I am busy x-x" or "Sorry don't have the time". I'm trying ok, but I can't spend 8 hours a day online convincing Stefan to do things he couldn't give a flying **** about. You got paid to do that, well, you did, until you decided to not offer your services anymore because they didn't dish out how many hundreds of dollars a month for your efforts. As for online material, I told Stefan that these servers need to be shut down because they have NOTHING, and instead, he decided to create this magically cool system of hiding the servers and making it so that you have to type out the server name instead of removing servers for good as to avoid anyones feelings being hurt. I knew about that before you did. Nemesis tries too, but he is kept being ignored by Unixmad all the time. They are reluctant to do anything, no fancy new system will change the current situation.

There. You can't delete that.
Um, why are you making assumptions about the reasons for me quitting staff? I got paid what I was supposed to. It had nothing to do with money. You didn't know about the hidden server thing before me *****, I had the new exe before anyone else and Stefan said it was going to be used for hidden pw's including my own. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about please.

It seems like all you do is complain about not being able to get in contact with admins, well that isn't my problem it's yours, and you obviously don't give it enough effort or you would have had his attention by now. It looks more like you're just too busy with non-graal related things to even put forth the effort.

Old 12-29-2002, 11:24 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

It seems like all you do is complain about not being able to get in contact with admins, well that isn't my problem it's yours, and you obviously don't give it enough effort or you would have had his attention by now. It looks more like you're just too busy with non-graal related things to even put forth the effort.
Actually, dude, the PW Administration team has, since when Crono was admin almost a year ago, tried harder than heck to get in contact with Stefan and unixmad and be recognized as an authority and given the tools and access to do their jobs. It's never been given, and for the most part the PW Admin team, with the exception of Nemesis for a little while, has and always will be be the most under-appreciated and least-equipped staff team.
Old 12-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Cynicism is on a distinguished road
Is it really the fault of a soldier that their kingdom did not properly equip them for battle?
Old 12-29-2002, 12:43 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It looks more like you're just too busy with non-graal related things to even put forth the effort.
Because everybody knows that the PW admin team can't have lives too. Aftershock is on all the time, now who's making assumptions?

Old 12-29-2002, 01:52 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally posted by HoudiniMan

Because everybody knows that the PW admin team can't have lives too. Aftershock is on all the time, now who's making assumptions?
Um no? There is a new thread by Aftershock saying he is busy working retail, so it will take like a week for him to review a playerworld, and that you should just submit to Torankusu, who posts right below it that if he tells you to not speak with him, then don't. Which means we have two pw admins that are either busy with non-graal stuff, or just don't feel like doing their job.

Aftershock is on all the time doing what? I see him playing Kingdoms, I used to see him chatting on 2k2 debug RC, I haven't seen him review a pw in forever. I'm just saying, if you guys are going to complain about stefan not doing his part, maybe you should do your part first. Please don't misunderstand this and think I hate you or something, I'm just making a suggestion. If you aren't doing the job, give it to someone else.

Sure it's a bit harsh to say that, but I think it's even more harsh that Aftershock makes assumptions about me and basically says I'm greedy and quit Graal because I wasn't paid enough. Torankusu that PW Admin forum is dead to the world. No one ever posts there, including you guys, so don't start with that crap. You have to give effort if you expect to recieve any. Did/Do you have access to 2k2 debug RC Aftershock? Why not talk with Stefan there instead of talking with other people there about stuff that doesn't even relate to playerworlds? You had/have direct contact to him yet you still don't get anything done? I find that hard to believe.

What more do you need? Level 5 global RC so you can manage all of the pws yourself?

Old 12-29-2002, 03:36 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:

Um no? There is a new thread by Aftershock saying he is busy working retail, so it will take like a week for him to review a playerworld, and that you should just submit to Torankusu, who posts right below it that if he tells you to not speak with him, then don't. Which means we have two pw admins that are either busy with non-graal stuff, or just don't feel like doing their job.

Aftershock is on all the time doing what? I see him playing Kingdoms, I used to see him chatting on 2k2 debug RC, I haven't seen him review a pw in forever. I'm just saying, if you guys are going to complain about stefan not doing his part, maybe you should do your part first. Please don't misunderstand this and think I hate you or something, I'm just making a suggestion. If you aren't doing the job, give it to someone else.

Sure it's a bit harsh to say that, but I think it's even more harsh that Aftershock makes assumptions about me and basically says I'm greedy and quit Graal because I wasn't paid enough. Torankusu that PW Admin forum is dead to the world. No one ever posts there, including you guys, so don't start with that crap. You have to give effort if you expect to recieve any. Did/Do you have access to 2k2 debug RC Aftershock? Why not talk with Stefan there instead of talking with other people there about stuff that doesn't even relate to playerworlds? You had/have direct contact to him yet you still don't get anything done? I find that hard to believe.

What more do you need? Level 5 global RC so you can manage all of the pws yourself?
Aftershock can only review the PW's he gets, remember this. We had a long drought of PW submissions, but they are now picking up. I dont know what he doesn't do, but I do know what he does do. I know he does review PW's as fast as he can when he gets them. Reviewing a whole PW in less than a week is amazing. I know that he, unlike most other Global Graal Staff, answers my instant messages, and answers any questions I have to the best of his ability. I know he does these things, and to me, that seems like he is doing his job, so I dont really care about what he doesnt do.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Now Konidias has ideas to make reform after he quits... Smooth move koni!
Old 12-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
There isn't a great influx of PW's waiting to get reviewed, but if Toran and Aftershock are busy, then maybe just hire 1-2 more people in case, and to make Konidias happy. I don't see what's wrong with the system other than with the higher ups.

Old 12-29-2002, 06:56 PM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
1. Why is koni even talking about this?

2. The current PW team is doing excellent for what they're supposed to do, and for what they are allowed to do. THEIR JOB IS TO REVIEW THE GOD DAMN PWS AND THAT'S WHAT THEY DO SMART GUY. How is it their fault taht the next recievers of the PWs are not accepting, huh? it's been like this for a long time.

3. How do these guys "ignore you", I once IMed aftershock and we talked about PW **** for a long time.

4. Honestly there is only 1 thing lacking; the will for stefan and/or unix to trust (?) the PW team with the duties that they should be doing, and are already willing to do. They have put forth the time and commitment, yet cannot fully do what they want, and what would be beneficial for the servers, because stefan and/or unix has NOT GIVEN THEM THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO. Last time I checked, they didn't even have RCs god damn it!