Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2002, 01:30 AM
Alphabet555 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alphabet555
Unhappy A Barberic problem

I need to know how to raise my inteligence without buying expensive items. I am a barberian, and I cannot use tools. I have 5 scrolls of using tools, but every time I use them it says "Failed to learn the knowledge of scroll of using tools. I am at level 3 with 3 inteligence. I cant use tools, so I can't make food, and monsters almost never give me food. I die, and lose exp making it harder for me to get food, which means I starve more. How do I raise my inteligence level??? Please help

Alphabet555
Old 08-24-2002, 01:35 AM
FFusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FFusion
well i don't think you can raise your without expensive items like "Potion of Intelligence". you can gain skill experience by using "/use_skill woodsman" on drops from enemies.

btw this should be in the other forum.
Old 08-24-2002, 02:13 AM
:]
Thak2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Thak2
Re: A Barberic problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Alphabet555
I need to know how to raise my inteligence without buying expensive items. I am a barberian, and I cannot use tools. I have 5 scrolls of using tools, but every time I use them it says "Failed to learn the knowledge of scroll of using tools. I am at level 3 with 3 inteligence. I cant use tools, so I can't make food, and monsters almost never give me food. I die, and lose exp making it harder for me to get food, which means I starve more. How do I raise my inteligence level??? Please help

Alphabet555
Barbarians don't have literacy, that might be why you keep failing to learn it.
Old 08-24-2002, 03:37 AM
Alphabet555 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alphabet555
I found out the answer to my problem. FFusion thanks. I kill mushrooms, use woodsman on the mushrooms I get, and the mushrooms count as food too! Yay
Old 08-24-2002, 04:59 AM
Aestus is on a distinguished road
*Shrugs* I'm a barbarian, and I learned my starting skill and the scroll of using tools even without literacy. Just keep reconnecting until you learn it, you should get a scroll of using tools every time you log on.

"Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-24-2002, 05:08 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Normally barbarians have the skill of literacy (may be it was bugged before?), but they have low intelligence so they often fail. Even sorcerers often fail when reading spell scrolls.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Normally barbarians have the skill of literacy (may be it was bugged before?), but they have low intelligence so they often fail. Even sorcerers often fail when reading spell scrolls.
I created my new barbarian just three days ago, and do not have the skill literacy. It's not there when I use /skills and when I try to read the guide to Close Combat, it tells me "You have no knowledge of literacy. You are unable to decipher the strange symbols," or something to that effect.

Old 08-24-2002, 06:54 AM
ALUCARDPSX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ALUCARDPSX Send a message via Yahoo to ALUCARDPSX
Im a priest and all but i used to be a level 7 barbarian til hunger killed me since i NEVER EVER got any drops....it sucks we always starve..since my priest is with bile my hunger drops 1 every 10-20 minutes..

and i thought i was a good boy....*grins*
Old 08-24-2002, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ALUCARDPSX
Im a priest and all but i used to be a level 7 barbarian til hunger killed me since i NEVER EVER got any drops....it sucks we always starve..since my priest is with bile my hunger drops 1 every 10-20 minutes..
Um. I've never starved once. Just keep on using the scroll of using tools till you learn it --- you have an unlimited supply, you know.