Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2002, 07:56 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Yakuna2001
yep, someone hacked my account it was done like this to the best of my knownledge.

someone messaged me on AIM (s/n:- TheL0tusP0d) and sent me and online game, which i scanned for viruses. seemed pretty gen, didnt pick anything up so i played it fine. i got on, onyl to find out it has some sort of backdoor trojan, that emails him my graal registry.
my advice :- choose dont save passwords in graal, dont accept files even if you virus scan them, ip protect your rc, which i did and it stopped any real damage being caused.
i got his ip, for those who want to global ban, and also, his normal account name, he goes by the name of Flip, and used the accoutn Grallgod (yes spelt like that)
faheria accoutns were also hacked, along with mine, warcaptains and others.be weary.... ;X
Hey Yak I thought you read the Npulse rules? This is under "things you can get fired for"

9. Not protecting your Staff account from the password being stolen due to your own neglect or stupidity by downloading a so called game or file from a suspicious person or even from someone you trust.Any thing you download should be scanned by a virus program to protect you from a Trojan or whatever.This will be at the sole discretion of the Owners of what will be done with you if you let this happen.

This "game" has been going around for months.....

and I would get Norton System Works ....... I also use Norton Internet Security and catches many attacks on me by people using backdoors to my comp.. and blocks all attempts.. it is a daily thing with me , they try to hack me everyday...and no one has ever been sucessful ...

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Last edited by Milkdude99; 06-01-2002 at 08:06 AM..
Old 06-01-2002, 08:01 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by WHIPENIE4
(X-Mann)
This happened on classic as well though, i don't think its hacked accounts, i think hes using a program, if hes not, hes got an FAQs account on Classic you might wanna check that out, Tyhm thinks its a bug
High Tech made a program for Hell Raven to hack the server Flags , This I know for a FACT because I talk to High Tech on Aim and *****ed him out about making programs for Hell Raven. High Tech makes programs and sells them so he is quite capable of doing this....

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-01-2002, 08:17 AM
Xbob42 is on a distinguished road
lol. I just read Moon God's signature. I never noticed that comment in it before.

Anyways. Rch let me know that High Tech gave him a program to hack accounts.

Also the other day while on N-Pulse some guy asked me to download his super neat cool game he made. I never did. That gives me an idea. I'm gonna go look for that text file for the account.

~Prince Dark
Old 06-01-2002, 08:18 AM
homeless1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to homeless1
Quote:
yep, someone hacked my account it was done like this to the best of my knownledge.

someone messaged me on AIM (s/n:- TheL0tusP0d) and sent me and online game, which i scanned for viruses. seemed pretty gen, didnt pick anything up so i played it fine. i got on, onyl to find out it has some sort of backdoor trojan, that emails him my graal registry.
my advice :- choose dont save passwords in graal, dont accept files even if you virus scan them, ip protect your rc, which i did and it stopped any real damage being caused.
i got his ip, for those who want to global ban, and also, his normal account name, he goes by the name of Flip, and used the accoutn Grallgod (yes spelt like that)
faheria accoutns were also hacked, along with mine, warcaptains and others.be weary.... ;X
This has to of been why my Zen_babylon account was hacked, i presume. The last night the same thing by the same person happened to me on AIM. I asked him if his 'company' had a site, and it did...gah what an *******. I get on Babylon today with my p2p account because apparently Zen_babylon had a new password, which I thought nothing of because I knew the RCs were getting deleted and that was probably what happened. Well I get on and I hear that everything in gfx folder had been deleted. Luckily I had taken alot of my own rights (including most all my folder rights) away a week or so ago.

Also, I have a 56k connection and I had tried to change that *.*.*.* thing to something better, but my IP changes every time I log on the net. I'd always end up just not being able to connect myself. I guess I should probably change the passwords to my other accounts...
Old 06-01-2002, 08:19 AM
Blast you!!1
thesaiyan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Xbob42
lol. I just read Moon God's signature. I never noticed that comment in it before.

~Prince Dark
Rofl, thats because Moon got it from me.
Old 06-01-2002, 08:21 AM
Blast you!!1
thesaiyan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by nyghtGT

- I do not think the sith could have returned without our knowledge...

+ Hard to see the dark side is.
Rofl, yoda.

The force shrouded by the dark side is. Hard to see.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:52 AM
Yakuna2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yakuna2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Hey Yak I thought you read the Npulse rules? This is under "things you can get fired for"

9. Not protecting your Staff account from the password being stolen due to your own neglect or stupidity by downloading a so called game or file from a suspicious person or even from someone you trust.Any thing you download should be scanned by a virus program to protect you from a Trojan or whatever.This will be at the sole discretion of the Owners of what will be done with you if you let this happen.

This "game" has been going around for months.....

and I would get Norton System Works ....... I also use Norton Internet Security and catches many attacks on me by people using backdoors to my comp.. and blocks all attempts.. it is a daily thing with me , they try to hack me everyday...and no one has ever been sucessful ...
a) i specifically asked for it to be sent as a file throguh aim, instead of just a direct connection. i scanned it with norton antivirus 2002 ( last updated 3 days ago ) it said ti was fine. so i presuemd it would be, ive been testing alot of online agmes lately, for liquidice and the such, i presumed i had been put in contact with him or somthing. i wasnt stupid, i did EVERYTHING i could to check the file, but because it was specifically designed my virus scanner didnt pick it up. :-/ pile of crap.

-Manager of the UnholyNation PlayerWorld-
UnholyNation Forums
Old 06-01-2002, 10:55 AM
Yakuna2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yakuna2001
Quote:
Originally posted by homeless1

This has to of been why my Zen_babylon account was hacked, i presume. The last night the same thing by the same person happened to me on AIM. I asked him if his 'company' had a site, and it did...gah what an *******. I get on Babylon today with my p2p account because apparently Zen_babylon had a new password, which I thought nothing of because I knew the RCs were getting deleted and that was probably what happened. Well I get on and I hear that everything in gfx folder had been deleted. Luckily I had taken alot of my own rights (including most all my folder rights) away a week or so ago.

Also, I have a 56k connection and I had tried to change that *.*.*.* thing to something better, but my IP changes every time I log on the net. I'd always end up just not being able to connect myself. I guess I should probably change the passwords to my other accounts...
yep probably, seems a few people were hit last night . twas a dark day for graal. me, you warcaptain, valikorlia, delteria, classic........

-Manager of the UnholyNation PlayerWorld-
UnholyNation Forums
Old 06-01-2002, 01:31 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Zen. Change your password.

NOW.

I just had to ban you on Classic (twice) for massing out the address of said trojan.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 06-01-2002, 01:38 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
the most annoying thing is the mass going out about the new online game, there isnt a trojan in the file but if you connect, there's a backdoor that sends your graal registry or whatever
Old 06-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Timpan3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Timpan3
Thumbs down

Quote:
alot of hacking went on yesterday heh
u can tell :o

Rate Fairly :O
1 2 3 4 5
- AIM : HoOLiGaN4LyFe
- Email : [email protected]
- Nick : Kosma
- Server : Classic/Frolic
- Current Jobs : Malhangaia LAT
Old 06-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
the most annoying thing is the mass going out about the new online game, there isnt a trojan in the file but if you connect, there's a backdoor that sends your graal registry or whatever
Those kinds of masses are illegal on Graal to start with and is spelled out in the Graal rules..

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 06-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyhm
Zen. Change your password.

NOW.

I just had to ban you on Classic (twice) for massing out the address of said trojan.
Tyhm I would have the players "turn off " the html on the PMs for a few days till this dies down.. that way they cannot atuomaticly be sent to that site when the PM is recieved....and warn them about that site...

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Last edited by Milkdude99; 06-01-2002 at 10:59 PM..
Old 06-01-2002, 09:12 PM
UGHH
GraalBR is on a distinguished road
I change my password once every 4 days (Dunno if it helps) and i also dont save my passwords i just write em down so far my acct has been hacked but this was before i did all this

Time wears you down.
Time will spit on you.
Time marches on.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:58 PM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by GraalBR
I change my password once every 4 days (Dunno if it helps) and i also dont save my passwords i just write em down so far my acct has been hacked but this was before i did all this
My comp or account has never been hacked into ... maybe because of the security I run on my comp and the precations I take on my account....

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------