Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2002, 03:37 AM
Ninja of the Night
Zolrieg is on a distinguished road
just tell me why?!

why do upcoming PW's always do this;

1. end their server name with an 'ia' or 'a.'
2. never get completed, they just stop working on them.
3. post meaningless threads that just ask for more staff.
4. never add the attachment in the beginning, always make a new post for it. this one is kind of a pet-peeve.
5. always mention something about classes or kingdoms.

just tell me why?! is there no creative input that goes into these servers, it's getting old already...
Old 05-24-2002, 04:03 AM
Tired Sloth
Psyker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Psyker Send a message via Yahoo to Psyker
because people just love getting their playerworld shot down when it comes to reviewing time.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:34 AM
Xbob42 is on a distinguished road
Re: just tell me why?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zolrieg
why do upcoming PW's always do this;

1. end their server name with an 'ia' or 'a.'
2. never get completed, they just stop working on them.
3. post meaningless threads that just ask for more staff.
4. never add the attachment in the beginning, always make a new post for it. this one is kind of a pet-peeve.
5. always mention something about classes or kingdoms.

just tell me why?! is there no creative input that goes into these servers, it's getting old already...
1) No creativity.
Play lots of Adventure games and write down the name of ever town, city, and character that ends in ia or a. Make sure you got lots of paper.

2) They get tired or they run out of ideas if they are really trying to make something good. Experience is also needed.

3) Their staff is not very good or they are very disorganized or they lack ideas and need more help.

4) lol. I have no idea why. I guess they forget where they posted the first thread. Like some post it in the Main forum and it gets moved to playerworld and they wonder where it dissapeared to.

5) One person mentioned it and they all felt it was a good idea.

~Prince Dark
Old 05-24-2002, 04:36 AM
Ninja of the Night
Quote:
Originally posted by Psyker
because people just love getting their playerworld shot down when it comes to reviewing time.
ahhh, it just kills me! why do they even try in the first place, when in the end, they're just wasting all their staff's talent?
Old 05-24-2002, 04:41 AM
ottoxero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ottoxero Send a message via AIM to ottoxero
Quote:
Originally posted by Zolrieg

ahhh, it just kills me! why do they even try in the first place, when in the end, they're just wasting all their staff's talent?
I dotn think ppl who have those kind fo ideas for playwrold they havent heard of and anrt big deals so far shouldnt be posting in here.
Just because no one will give starting servers the time of day doesnt mean they can't get big with a little support.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Ninja of the Night
Quote:
Originally posted by ottoxero

I dotn think ppl who have those kind fo ideas for playwrold they havent heard of and anrt big deals so far shouldnt be posting in here.
Just because no one will give starting servers the time of day doesnt mean they can't get big with a little support.
you have a good point, but I beg to differ. do you know how many PW's have made their way through here and how many have made it on the serverlist? think about it pedro.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:20 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
100% originality is never going to happen. Sorry, but it's impossible. Once you label your game an RPG, or an Adventure, it's automatically going to be put in with the rest of them.

I think pw owners don't want their pride hurt, so they pretend that everything they make is original, when really it isn't. Even if you thought of the idea yourself, it's probably been done before, and if it hasn't been done before, you were inspired from some other RPG when you were making it.

That is the entire reason that people get all jumpy saying "that job is on <other server>!" "you took that idea from <other server>" "that's just like <other server>"

You can't really truely steal an idea, unless it's blatant and you copied everything including the way it works and the graphics and everything. You can't steal the idea of having farming or fishing or mining, because those are common things, and they have been done in lots of games.

People seem to forget that the people making pw's here aren't professionals in their field. We don't have people from Nintendo or Squaresoft designing Graal playerworlds, they are teenagers and people in their early 20's that have never had experience in professional game development.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 05-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Evildred144 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Evildred144
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
100% originality is never going to happen. Sorry, but it's impossible. Once you label your game an RPG, or an Adventure, it's automatically going to be put in with the rest of them.

I think pw owners don't want their pride hurt, so they pretend that everything they make is original, when really it isn't. Even if you thought of the idea yourself, it's probably been done before, and if it hasn't been done before, you were inspired from some other RPG when you were making it.

That is the entire reason that people get all jumpy saying "that job is on <other server>!" "you took that idea from <other server>" "that's just like <other server>"

You can't really truely steal an idea, unless it's blatant and you copied everything including the way it works and the graphics and everything. You can't steal the idea of having farming or fishing or mining, because those are common things, and they have been done in lots of games.

People seem to forget that the people making pw's here aren't professionals in their field. We don't have people from Nintendo or Squaresoft designing Graal playerworlds, they are teenagers and people in their early 20's that have never had experience in professional game development.
Couldnt of said it better myself.
EvilDred: Actually, according to my caculations, a=bc-d, which in turn would make d=noob+the circumference of the sun+deek.
Deek: =( <----0wn3d
0wn3d
Old 05-24-2002, 11:05 AM
Ninja of the Night
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias

yes, I was talking about the Graal servers in general though. everyone seems to be focused on trends around here, I just wish someone would bring something new into perspective, instead of the same old routine Graal stuff...
Old 05-25-2002, 12:15 AM
Banned
shavomombetto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to shavomombetto Send a message via AIM to shavomombetto Send a message via Yahoo to shavomombetto
Generally, the person posting screen shots is the newbie to the staff, i.e. you just got hired for making levels and wanted to show the entire graal-online world what server your working for. I believe it just gives them some self-satisfaction to know that they get to show off a server that won't get up.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:51 AM
Ninja of the Night
Quote:
Originally posted by shavomombetto
Generally, the person posting screen shots is the newbie to the staff, i.e. you just got hired for making levels and wanted to show the entire graal-online world what server your working for. I believe it just gives them some self-satisfaction to know that they get to show off a server that won't get up.
I understand why they post the screenshots and websites, but they do it without any meaning or thought. it's just like every other thread, you would think they'd do something original by now.