Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should dieing be implemented?
Characters can die 8 88.89%
Characters can't die 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2001, 04:17 AM
BocoC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BocoC Send a message via Yahoo to BocoC
Rha poll - Dieing

[EDIT]
I am so stupid. I can't believe I forgot to make the poll last night before I went to bed. Oh well...
[/EDIT]

Ok. I have an idea, and I wanna see what you guys think.

Should characters be able to die? I think that would be a good idea. Say in about 1 month or so, your character will die, and you will have to create a new character from scratch. Your character can also die in battle. That would create a more flexible world, because eventually, if characters can't die, people will reach max level. Also, history really can't progress if people can't die. I think it is a good idea because it balances out power.

Well, what do you think? I doubt anybody will be "for" this idea because that will mean starting over. But think of this. If you can't "die", what will you do when your character reaches his/her's maximum strength? Nothing really left to do, to fight for.

Also, please don't forget to vote on my other poll!

FLKJH$TRFG*$(&%>FMG >REN<>F ;.kjsd
Old 10-22-2001, 05:05 AM
SagaTCN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to SagaTCN Send a message via AIM to SagaTCN Send a message via Yahoo to SagaTCN
I think the idea is nice, and would certainly add a bit of originality to the playerworld. -Yin
Old 10-22-2001, 06:36 AM
Lord Helmut
ownerofbabylon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ownerofbabylon Send a message via AIM to ownerofbabylon
its an awesome idea, it would just suck ass to get killed being at the very max. I know if I got killed I wouldnt start over but also it gets very boring having everything... its a no win situation with me

Warrior of Light

WWW.BABYLONSERVER.COM
Old 10-22-2001, 08:15 AM
BocoC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BocoC Send a message via Yahoo to BocoC
Quote:
Originally posted by ownerofbabylon
its an awesome idea, it would just suck ass to get killed being at the very max. I know if I got killed I wouldnt start over but also it gets very boring having everything... its a no win situation with me
Generally, people wouldn't want to PK on Rha, because if you PK alot, you get a bounty and people will try to kill you, and you would have to start over.

Besides, you getting killed doesn't mean you immediatly die. I might have it so that after you die, you can use 1 item in an attempt to get your life over zero again. If you can get your life back to 1 or more, you won't die. How does that sound?

Plus, I might have it so that 1 month equals 50 years on Rha, so your character would die in about 2 months or so.

FLKJH$TRFG*$(&%>FMG >REN<>F ;.kjsd
Old 10-22-2001, 02:56 PM
Mithica_Admin3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mithica_Admin3
If characters could die, then it would add a sense of realism to your server. Go with it.

I am Cyn...The hidden one...stranger to the light...A world is mine..where dreams never come true, and nightmares are my reality...

"Sit down and drink your goddamn TEA!"- Cid from FF7

"The dead are at peace. When I enter their world, I may think that my duty is unfulfilled, but I'll have no thoughts of revenge. If you can't see it with your mind's eye, I'll tell you. Only one thing stirs my emotions. Kill. Evil. Instantly. For the sake of my own justice alone!"
-Saitou Hajime