Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2014, 11:26 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Odachi

Why is this stronger than any gun? Since when does swords over power guns?

This thing is ridiculously OP and nothing is ever done about it. I keep getting the same immature replies from Swift (If you cant beat a sword, you suck then runs of with ctrl+2)... Very immature...

Ishamel,well his own family including Wil says hes the worst guns admin in the history of era. Damn, i admire his work rate but i question his ability to balance weapons fairly.

Rob won gang simulation the other week with 90 kills and the second and third only had 60 kills.. Using a sword and the others using a gun.. Is this not proof?? He wins mvp every single event because the thing is overpowered.

It has stupid range you cant even fight up close because of the leech thing, once you get caught you're dead so how is it a fair fight?Once you get hit you get slowed down and leeched of.

It's not even about skill on era anymore. Disappointing to see the current admins messing it up.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, that thing was definitely an annoying piece of sh*t when I was PKing seriously. I think what makes it so annoying is that you just try to ignore it when you see it and if people use it like Rob does, passively, they just wait until you've been hit low by other gunners and come and kill you.

I remember seeing him with 30-50 kill streaks INSIDE of Gang Bases with 20+ people raiding, that's when I knew the thing was dumb.

What made it annoying for me was that when I had it, it was literally terrible, the range was messed up, the stun was shitty, everything was bad about it but now it's like the most amazing thing ever lol.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Reddy548 is on a distinguished road
Actually Rob (Tranny) is the only one that use odachi well , I tried odachi and i see everyone else that try it , failing hard. Name me another player that use that **** well.
its like saying nerf every gun wil uses.

*Edit
The only nerf i can think is the speed boost that melee gives , because they can join and leave a fight easily and noone can follow their speed.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy548 View Post
Actually Rob (Tranny) is the only one that use odachi well , I tried odachi and i see everyone else that try it , failing hard. Name me another player that use that **** well.
its like saying nerf every gun wil uses.

*Edit
The only nerf i can think is the speed boost that melee gives , because they can join and leave a fight easily and noone can follow their speed.
I haven't seen anyone fail with it. How can you fail with something you just spam the **** out of it? Or how can you not kill somebody at slow pace with them shooting you in the face because you just leech of them anyways so you cant die so whats it matter?

The thing is overpowered. They're deluded if they think otherwise.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
it has been nerf'd like 3 or 4 times already lol. if you think it is really OP right now, then you should have seen it when it first came out lol. it doesn't help that there are like 10 or more out there.

it probably should've been an mvp weapon. 20 mvp coins to get or whatever and not trade-able. i agree with reddy in that good players make a weapon seem OP though. the odachi is OP regardless, tho.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
It got nerfed a bunch of times and will probably continue to receive some treatment until it is on the same level as the SS/LS.

I agree with Zongui; if it was going to be this OP it should've been actively available and hard to obtain (MVP status).
As of now though... it was basically given away for free (5000 points on the quad-point week) to the first couple people who were online when it was stocked; and this made them instantly rich as balls and was honestly a questionable idea.

I'm sure it'll settle into it's spot eventually... the most recent nerfs reduced how many of them I see used significantly.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
I think apart from the range of the orb (top and sides are fixed, the bottom of the orb's range is still broken) an easy fix would be to

Reduce the duration of the orb, remove leech ability altogether, and reduce movement speed boost
Old 12-14-2014, 05:05 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
I don't think it's possible to balance a serverside-scripted item to be 'balanced' or comparable with clientside items.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
So just deal with it