Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 08:10 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
yeah i agree we should reset era again. it's been too long since the last one.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
i mean the stats for god tier are priced at 1.2 mill

its the rarity of the item which raises it past it that point

you can compare it to beer if you want, certain breweries only put out a certain amount of cases, and theyll sell out within 2-3 weeks of it being stocked. and once it it sold out it goes for 2-3 times as much in the first week. 4-5 times as much in the first year.

i have no problem with very rare guns (god tier and the like) being unobtainable unless you work your ass off to buy them.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
yeah that one gun that was auctioned off last night went for 5 mil. ish said it was honestly worth 300k (said it was an sg552 that fired straight and a ravson5 with more explosive ammo) or so. people gonna go crazy tho cuz it is "rare." no way is any gun worth 5 mil.

ares rifle is selling for like 5 mil or more now. over the summer iy was being sold for around 1 mil.
Correction: I said this gun is worth 1.2M, just like any other "God-tier" gun. You got the 300k from me saying I see it as Sg552 (900k) + grenade launcher feature (worth ~300k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
I don't get why you also think that having the best guns makes you the best player. Ask anyone on the server if Tk was ever the best when he had the most money for a while and almost everyone will tell you he wasn't. Being able to get a gun that can compete with high guns is totally doable. I've seen so many guys (myself included) get absolutely trashed by someone using a sten/souizen/hk416 other <500k gun vs my honey badger (over 1 mil). It's really down to player skill now, since literally anyone can make enough for a sten/souizen in a week if they tried. Hell, the hk416 is only like 200k I could make that in one day if all I did was mine for 3 hours or trash pick/pk
This is really the goal of my current systems. God-tier guns do one of two things: have none of the minor disadvantages of tier 3 guns (usually clip/reload related), or have a "special feature." See MVP AK47 for an example of the first type (bullets for days but basically a navy) and ARG (high ROF) for an example of the second type.
Either way, if you're marginally good, you can do just fine with a Navy or even Sten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Pure insanity at the auction; whoever bid either had so much money they didn't care.. or they didn't check the gun stats before buying it.

Ares rifle is probably the only anomaly I can think of, it is very rare (only 5-6 of them) and is also the best single gun on Era.
cf. above... that gun is not worth $5M and I will never buff it up to that price just because someone chose of his own volition to pay that.
Ares is still comparable to other "God-Tier" 1.2M guns, in my opinion.

EDIT: Chooch beat me to the punch, haha

Last edited by paintballdude956; 12-08-2014 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Chooch is a bright cookie
Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I got offered 2mil for my Badger baby.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
Correction: I said this gun is worth 1.2M, just like any other "God-tier" gun. You got the 300k from me saying I see it as Sg552 (900k) + grenade launcher feature (worth ~300k).
my bad. yeah, I only got the last part of your convo with seth. but yeah, no way is that gun worth 5 mil. it went for 5 mil tho because like mentioned earlier, there are a few people on era that are so rich that they don't care lol.

and yeah I have np with rare guns being that much. that gun that went for 5 mil is going to be in event shop next month too.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:29 AM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
Geneticfrog you have been unbanned at the mercy of the PRA.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I don't see why we don't just unban everyone? Forget this non-sense, if they find glitches to abuse that is simply things that we should have prevented to begin with.

On another note; What can players do if they don't PK? Recently I've disengaged myself from PKing and quite honestly have barely logged on but I have gotten my girlfriend interested in playing, the instruments have got her occupied, along with buying hats with the millions of dollars I deposited into her bank account but once that runs out, what else could I interest her in?

I tried to get her to mine on her last account, she got to level 5 mining and almost physically abused me with hatred towards it, so I don't think making money is her primal goal.

Also; with the rise in player-count, I have noticed a lot of players engaging in playing instruments, could we perhaps see another Battle of the Bands?

This time giving trophies (kinda like the halloween trophy Logababy, Rogue and CatMater have), money or even rare hats away?

Also; Could someone make a trophy for Iron Man? and give them to the current and future "Iron Men" I mean, I got an MVP coin, 5 EC coins and an ARG (which I sold) so other than my statue I don't really have anything that I can gloat about, just food for thought.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I tried to get her to mine on her last account, she got to level 5 mining and almost physically abused me with hatred towards it
I've seen some close friends of mine react the same way. I really think we need to make mining more comfy. Trash picking is way overpowered compared to the other jobs, even though they were all buffed.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, mining is horrible income, it should be buffed more!
It's kind of true, unless you want to invest months of time mining it sucks.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:56 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I don't see why we don't just unban everyone? Forget this non-sense, if they find glitches to abuse that is simply things that we should have prevented to begin with.
I agree with you.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
To be fair, he was a PWA who still has RC access, and past experiences have shown that his concept of opinions is loose indeed. One might call them thinly-veiled commands.
I am flattered.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 12-09-2014, 01:59 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrules View Post
Geneticfrog you have been unbanned at the mercy of the PRA.

Good luck.
ummm thats a first but im still banned btw

acc:geneticfrog (if its not obvious enough haha)
Old 12-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I agree with you.
Is there a button to unban not just one person but everybody? If so they just do it. We need JKL back.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:30 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Is there a button to unban not just one person but everybody? If so they just do it. We need JKL back.
I would love to bring JKL back. I've got him on Skype to let him know if something happens with this. Sadly its out of my control due to a global ban. I'd need unixmad to be involved to unban him and everyone really. Otherwise it's a one at a time deal.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:58 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Just make Era fun. Make it so they can kill players for a level system - the higher the level the better guns they can unlock