Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2014, 07:55 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
You can check out the "object" class in my Atlantis dump for something like this. I switch out tiles both on the serverside and clientside there to get a smoother experience. It's a bit more restrictive (bushes/stones/... sitting on top of the tiles) and therefore easier to control than your shovel stuff, though, but maybe it'll give you a few ideas. One thing to keep in mind: when using updateboard(), update a region larger than 2 by 2, no matter how many tiles you actually changed. Stefan added some "optimization" to the server at some point that can really **** up your tile handling when you're updating a 2 by 2 region.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
bro... ganis.. not hard
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Create a new gani and add a param for the dirt image and one for the item icon.
this.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:34 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
this.
No need to alienate things.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Inari is on a distinguished road
Quote:
this.
So, now you want to make a bomb that explodes?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:59 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
You can check out the "object" class in my Atlantis dump for something like this. I switch out tiles both on the serverside and clientside there to get a smoother experience. It's a bit more restrictive (bushes/stones/... sitting on top of the tiles) and therefore easier to control than your shovel stuff, though, but maybe it'll give you a few ideas. One thing to keep in mind: when using updateboard(), update a region larger than 2 by 2, no matter how many tiles you actually changed. Stefan added some "optimization" to the server at some point that can really **** up your tile handling when you're updating a 2 by 2 region.
I think I did read that he made some optimizations. And he made a command on bush's specifically and being able to regrow them via script or something if I am not mistaken? However on a gmap, how do the x/y work for update board? Are they 0 to 64 or are they 0 to 64 * levels?
Old 10-31-2014, 06:17 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I think I did read that he made some optimizations. And he made a command on bush's specifically and being able to regrow them via script or something if I am not mistaken? However on a gmap, how do the x/y work for update board? Are they 0 to 64 or are they 0 to 64 * levels?
Not sure. I'm just using this.x and this.y in Atlantis' "object" class. Can't remember if that's the global or local coordinates.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
use map coordinates
Old 11-01-2014, 08:29 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
would be interesting to see your work around
Old 11-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
would be interesting to see your work around
who's workaround? I figure I'm gonna need to check tiles, and npc's.. this is going to be fun.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Banned
Okay, so this is giving me problems... more specifically its making npc's a good distance away say "Hit".. It's in the weapon npc... cx/cy are the cordinate x and y that I want to check at.. (top left of the hole dug).. Should be 2x2 tiles. But this seems to affect npc's further away.

PHP Code:
  for(temp.findareanpcs(this.cxthis.cythis.cx 1this.cy 1)){

temp.n.chat "Hit!";
  } 
It's giving it a huge gap between the npc I dug and the ones around it... :x

Edit:

Okay, sorry I guess thats x/y/w/h I needed to just supply 2,2 for the width,height... for some reason I was entering ending x/y cords. My bad, sorry.

However, gralats have not been showing for me on this server or my personal dev server unless I first logon UN... anyone know why this is? I would have thought a newly bought server would be working, is it missing some file?

Last edited by scriptless; 11-03-2014 at 05:06 AM..
Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Okay, so this is giving me problems... more specifically its making npc's a good distance away say "Hit".. It's in the weapon npc... cx/cy are the cordinate x and y that I want to check at.. (top left of the hole dug).. Should be 2x2 tiles. But this seems to affect npc's further away.

PHP Code:

temp.n.chat "Hit!";
  } 

Edit:

Okay, sorry I guess thats x/y/w/h I needed to just supply 2,2 for the width,height... for some reason I was entering ending x/y cords. My bad, sorry.
looking at the original script:

Quote:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

this.player.1.0 vecx(player.dir) * 2;

this.player.1.0 vecy(player.dir) * 2;
  for ( 
this.iy 0this.iy 2this.iy ++ ) {
    for ( 
this.ix 0this.ix 2this.ix ++ ) {

this.checkX this.x+this.ix;

this.checkY this.y+this.iy;

tiles[this.checkXthis.checkY] = this.replaceTiles[this.ix+this.iy*2];
    }
  }

updateboard(this.x,this.y,2,2);

is there still not a break; for when 4 grass tiles have been detected on clientside?

if not then it could be triggering to the server up to 4 times and ultimately checking a larger region on serverside than necessary
Old 11-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:

PHP Code:

temp.n.chat "Hit!";
  } 

Edit:

However, gralats have not been showing for me on this server or my personal dev server unless I first logon UN... anyone know why this is? I would have thought a newly bought server would be working, is it missing some file?
Utilize f2 to see if there is any missing files
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 11-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
findareanpcs(x, y) returns a list of npc id's, not a list of a TServerNPC objects.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
looking at the original script:

is there still not a break; for when 4 grass tiles have been detected on clientside?

if not then it could be triggering to the server up to 4 times and ultimately checking a larger region on serverside than necessary
Sorry, I should have posted whole script so far.. Instead of using breaks, I used return's from different functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Utilize f2 to see if there is any missing files
I didn't see anything in f2, I already checked. Plus I did "/find *gralat*" and it only found the gani. So I uploaded gralats.png but it still didn't work.